- 站在一个足以消耗玩家健康值的水面上 (侠盗猎车手1, 侠盗猎车手2, GTA III, 罪恶都市, 侠盗猎车手：前进, and 自由城故事).
- 待在水里的时间过长 (罪恶都市传奇).
- 坐在一个被水完全浸泡的载具里过久 (圣安地列斯, 侠盗猎车手IV, 血战唐人街以及侠盗猎车手V).
- 站在铁轨上过久 (侠盗猎车手1，侠盗猎车手2).
- 饿死 (圣安地列斯).
- 烧伤过度，导致死亡 (跑进火堆里或者受莫洛托夫鸡尾酒瓶伤害).
- 被直升机螺旋桨绞死 (罪恶都市, 圣安地列斯, 侠盗猎车手IV和侠盗猎车手V).
- 进到车辆粉碎机里头 (侠盗猎车手III and 自由城故事).
- 被动物攻击，导致死亡 (侠盗猎车手V).
In Grand Theft Auto IV, the player is deducted 10% of their money (up to a maximum of $10,000) but gets to keep their weapons. In Grand Theft Auto V, the player is deducted 5% of their money (up to a maximum of $5,000), but keeps their weapons too.
In Grand Theft Auto V, getting wasted on a mission gives the player the option to retry from a certain checkpoint, though some Gold medal objectives (such as time or accuracy) will be disabled, preventing 100% completion. If the player declines the option to retry, they will respawn outside the nearest hospital and lose $5,000.
In Grand Theft Auto Online if a player is killed by another player, some of their money will be dropped and can be stolen by other players if the killed player has not yet deposited their money to their Maze Bank account. Furthermore, if the player is killed by cops and their Personal Vehicle is parked nearby, it will be impounded at the LSPD Auto Impound.
Grand Theft Auto 1编辑
Grand Theft Auto 2编辑
Grand Theft Auto III编辑
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City编辑
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas编辑
Grand Theft Auto Advance编辑
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories编辑
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories编辑
Grand Theft Auto IV and Episodes from Liberty City编辑
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars编辑
Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online编辑
- "Wasted" 原本可以用来指一个人对于吸毒或喝酒极其上瘾以致精神恍惚。在北美俚语中，Wasted可以代表一个人被杀害，正好与GTA游戏中Wasted的被应用的场合相对应。
- The term is known as "You're brown bread" in GTA London 1969 and 1961, which is Cockney rhyming slang for "you're dead".
- In the Gameboy Color version of GTA 2, a term "Killed" is used rather than "Wasted" in the PS1, PC and Dreamcast versions.
- In all GTA games, a pool of blood will most likely appear under the player (with a few exceptions like the flames in GTA IV; sometimes does not happen in GTA SA).
- In Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, when the player is wasted during a mission, the word "Wasted!" will still appear on the bottom right, while also displaying Mission Failed! in the middle.
- 在《侠盗猎车手：圣安地列斯》中，玩家在执行一个任务时死亡，正常情况下是“Wasted!”和“Mission Failed!”（任务失败）同时在死亡画面上出现，但在某些任务里，会先显示“任务失败”再显示“死亡”，而在有些任务里，就干脆不显示“任务失败”了。
- In GTA IV and its episodes, the term "Wasted" never appears in the screen. Instead, the screen turns grey, everything moves in slow motion, and the player is transported to the nearest hospital. However, if they die in a certain way, (the player's body is still falling, etc.) the game will continue showing the slow-mo scene until they press the continue button, which skips the scene. Skipping with the button also works when the player simply doesn't want to watch the whole "blackout". This is the only game not to have the words "Busted" and "Wasted" (unless if one counts GTA V in which sometimes the word "Wasted" does not appear when the player dies).
- Once killed, the camera will usually lock on to the killer and the player can zoom in to get a closer look of that person.
- The words "Wasted" and "Busted" have returned in Grand Theft Auto V (for the second time), albeit darker in tone. The screen flashes and a sound effect reminiscent of a steel rod being struck right as the words appear (albeit with minor visual differences and missing steel rod sound in the enhanced version).
- Trevor Philips' Special Ability will avoid most of the damage, including some lethal forms, like being shot by the Rhino and other explosions.
- 在有些情况下，例如被自己的车压死、未能及时打开降落伞或者用手榴弹炸死自己，游戏屏幕会转灰色，并且游戏告诉玩家的死因是“您自杀了（You committed suicide）”。
- When the player gets a cutscene that a plane is destroyed during the mission Stowaway in GTA San Andreas, the same case as GTA IV will happen but without the slow motion during the wasted scene.
- The camera is the same as being busted when a player is killed by any member of law enforcement in GTA Vice City.
- Additionally, they will still point their weapons at the player even though he/she is dead. This is also the same fashion as GTA III when the above situation happens.
- In GTA San Andreas, they will stop attacking Carl once he is dead regardless of whether a member of law enforcement killed him or not.
- Sometimes, the word "Wasted" does not appear when the player dies in GTA V, making the screen similar to GTA IV and its episodes. The wasted sound, however, will still play.
- On certain missions and side missions, getting killed will not display the "Mission Failed!" text which is odd. This can also happen if the player is arrested during a certain mission.
- In Grand Theft Auto Online, as part of the The Diamond Casino & Resort update, the player can buy two paintings for the Master Penthouse that reference the "Wasted" screen.