|身高:||6' 0" （1.83m）|
- “Look homie, I don't mind dying, you feel me? But I just wanna die with something that matters.”
- —— 富兰克林·克林顿
在他的母亲逝世后，富兰克林搬去和他的祖父母同居。这时期的富兰克林认识了童雅和JB。尽管他的祖母十分宠溺他，富兰克林还是决定成为一名街头骗子。他从事的第一件工作是和JB一起卖香烟。这个方案始终都是成功的直到富兰克林的祖父将两人人赃俱获。童雅称，他的祖父 "gave chase to both him and Bradshaw all around South Los Santos"。富兰克林的祖父和祖母随后也相继离世了。
富兰克林来到斯卓贝利的大海斯汽车。他接到了一通拉玛打来的电话。拉玛告诉富兰克林他已经偷到了德凡名单上的最后一辆车，一辆黄色的佩嘉西门罗。富兰克林在那里会面拉玛，两人开车前往一辆满载偷车团伙已经取得的车辆的车辆运送车处，崔佛在那里等候他们。富兰克林、拉玛和崔佛开始驾车前往下车处，也就是佩里托卡车休息站，就在佩里托湾的南部。警方得知他们在运送赃车后前来追捕他们。富兰克林决定解开JB 700的绳子，然后用上面装载的武器来摧毁警车。他们从维斯顿的律师处听闻700现在装备了一些新硬件。崔佛保持车辆运送车的平稳，富兰克林则尽力到达货车的运送架。富兰克林到达JB 700处，把它从运送车上开下来。富兰克林用700装备的鸡爪钉和车载武器来摆脱警方的追捕。他们安全地将货车驶达，但是一行人对德凡拒绝支付酬劳而感到恼怒，德凡称他“投资”了一行人的酬劳，会在晚些时候支付他们。富兰克林打电话给莱斯特，让他跟麦可交流一下有关德凡的事宜，但是麦可没有接电话，他的最后位置是在北扬克顿。富兰克林告诉莱斯特让崔佛跟他在在他阿姨家见面。
- 布列特·劳瑞 —— 富兰克林受莱斯特的指令暗杀了他。
- 杰克森·史金纳 —— 富兰克林受莱斯特的指令暗杀了他。
- 蕯·潘尼 —— 富兰克林受莱斯特的指令暗杀了他。
- 恩佐·波里尼 —— 富兰克林受莱斯特的指令暗杀了他。
- Esteban Jimenez - 在任务“有借有还”中可杀死他来取回摩托。
- 派奇 麦可瑞利- 可在他的随机事件中杀死
- 查德 莫利根 - 可于任务“天网恢恢”中杀死
- MC Clip - 可于任务“毒窟逃亡”中被富兰克林或崔佛杀死
- 奇普 彼得森 - 可于任务“工地暗杀行动”杀死他来偷走他的蓝图
- 艾伍德 欧尼尔 - 任务“弱肉强食"中被麦可或富兰克林杀死
- 陈淘 - 在任务“第三条路”中被杀死
- 陈伟 - 因试图杀死崔佛与麦可而被杀（在“第三条路”中被杀死）
- 德凡 维斯顿- 因试图杀死麦可与他的家人而被杀（在“第三条路”中被杀死）
- 崔佛 菲利普-戴夫 诺顿与史提夫 海因斯想要富兰克林杀死崔佛（在“明智之举”中被杀死）
- 麦可 迪圣塔-德凡 维斯顿想要富兰克林杀死麦可（在“因果循环”中被杀死）
- Beverly Felton - Can be killed during the Strangers and Freaks mission Paparazzo - Reality Check.
- Peter Dreyfuss - Can be killed during the Strangers and Freaks mission A Starlet in Vinewood.
- Bigfoot - Can be killed during or after The Last One.
Franklin is described as ambitious, but perhaps to a fault, and very eager to take on new illegal challenges. He is also described as calm, smart, rational and a "logical way of showing a young man with a lot of hope", with Dan Houser claiming that this would be a nice contrast from Michael. He also is a person that, even though is being mentored by Michael in crime, mentors Michael in life. This helps build up the Father-Son relationship between the two.
Franklin is much calmer than both Michael, who has a very short temper, and Trevor, who is a violent psychopath. Though Lamar drives him crazy at times, Franklin still cares for his best friend as he saves him from the Ballas with the help of Michael and Trevor during the events of Lamar Down. He is also the same toward Michael and Trevor as he is seen helping them out with most of their problems, like when Amanda cheats on Michael and he and the latter chase Amanda's tennis coach during Marriage Counseling, and when he helps Trevor and Michael hunt down the remaining O'Neil brothers during Predator. This, however, also leads to others around him to consider him "disloyal", most notably his Aunt Denise, to such an extent that Denise threatens to call the police on him if he sets foot in her yard. Despite what Denise says, Franklin does demonstrate loyalty for people that are close to him and for people who change his life, like Lamar, who is Franklin's best friend, and Michael, who helped him become a "three-bit" gangster and high-profile criminal.
Unlike Michael or Trevor however, his relationships with those close to him is even more fragile and in the end fails to heal the rift with his associates unlike Michael and to a lesser extent Trevor. His messy breakup with Tanisha is left unresolved and ends on less than satisfactory terms when she chooses to marry another man over saving their relationship. His aunt turns his room into a safe shelter for women after he moves out and Stretch remains on antagonistic terms with Franklin. Franklin also potentially jeopardizes his relationship with his partners in crime Michael, Lamar and Trevor should he choose to kill either Trevor or Michael as the survivor loses their trust in Franklin and Lamar is forced to hide from Stretch.
Many characters in the game (Denise, Lamar, Tonya, Stretch, Tanisha) accuse Franklin of being disloyal, arrogant, and abandoning his "homies". For the most part, however, these accusations seem unfounded - ironically most of these discussions happen while Franklin is actually helping out his friends. Franklin's hostility towards Stretch becomes justified late in the game when it becomes clear Stretch has betrayed him and Lamar. However, if the player chooses ending A or ending B, the above accusations are confirmed.
Franklin's ambition is also his greatest weakness, in all of his work for everyone aside from Lester Crest and Michael's repayment for doing him a favor. Franklin never sees a single cent out of his dealings due to his shortsightedness and poor choice of people to work with. All of Lamar's jobs ended up with them end nearly killed by the Ballas, his work for Weston ends with him being taken advantage of in both instances where he does his bidding.
Despite not knowing them very well, Franklin also gets along with Michael's family, as shown when Jimmy befriends him and when Amanda responds kindly whenever Franklin greets her while she is home. He doesn't get along with Stretch very well, due to Stretch trying to pull Franklin into the life that put him in jail in the first place, and also due to Stretch's reckless and unintelligent personality and later on, his disloyalty and selling out people who are associated with Franklin.
In contrast to Michael and especially Trevor, Franklin is an incredibly tidy person, always trying to keep his image, his vehicles and his house clean. This is evident in some switch cutscenes, where he can be seen cleaning his Buffalo S and his Bagger, or doing house chores at his mansion like taking out the garbage or ironing his clothes. He likes also to keep his body in shape, as he's seen doing exercise, like bars in Vespucci Beach or push-ups next to his pool.
Franklin seems to suffer from depression/self-hatred due to the perceived lack of success and his breakup with Tanisha, when he is high on Marijuana he often comments on how empty and alone he feels. He shows some regret his decision to become a criminal but is in too deep to walk away. In a similar vein to Trevor during shootouts, Franklin might shout at his enemies to shoot him. His lack of initiative hints at insecurity, which further demonstrates a possible mood disorder. Lamar calls Franklin a "moody motherfucker" when giving him the Bagger they stole from Simeon after repossessing it. His Switch Scenes implies he is lonely, as many show him roaming around the city alone, and further in the story, he rarely leaves his house due to lack of friends and family who are on good terms with him. The situation improves or worsen at the end of the game depending on the choices he make involving Michael and Trevor. If he chooses to save them, he finds new-found support with them as dysfunctional but great friends, however if chooses to kill either of them, the other person breaks off contact with Franklin and Lamar goes into hiding.
Franklin does not appear to be able to handle pressure very well. If the player chooses to kill either Michael or Trevor, Franklin tries to justify his actions by claiming it "wasn't really his decision," or that he "didn't have a choice." He lacks initiative and assertiveness when confronted by people who were more influential than he was, rather than attempting to bargain with Haines or Weston to at least pay him for betraying his closest friends only to realize after committing the deed that he was ultimately used and discarded by both of them when asking for more opportunities to work for them. If the player chooses the Deathwish ending, Franklin will initially complain to Lester that he "can't kill both of'em" before eventually coming up with a plan to spare them both.
Relationships With Other Characters 编辑
- Michael - After meeting Michael and completing a job with him, both men grew a father-son relationship for one another. This was mostly because Franklin never really had a family of his own and saw Michael as a person with more professional skill and as a real criminal that could mentor him in the life of crime. It seems that Michael has a better relationship with Franklin than with his own son. After Franklin meets Michael at the oil derricks in East LS, he decides to help him since he has helped him make more money than he ever did drug dealing and gang banging. Michael is fairly protective of Franklin. During the drive in the Paleto Score, when Trevor keeps asking Franklin about his first score, Michael tells Trevor to leave Franklin alone. Later in the same mission, Michael continuously checks in on Franklin, calls him "son," and helps him onto the train before boarding it himself. In the Kill Michael Ending, he chases Michael and, even if the player wants to save him, Michael falls to his death. Franklin eventually regrets killing him. He leaves a message on Lamar's voice-mail, stating about one running and their legs give and cannot run anymore, which is what Michael said to Franklin in Fresh Meat. Despite that, Franklin perhaps has the most personal issues with Michael, being a main source of grief for him as he was responsible for a majority Franklin's problems throughout the game, from his untimely termination at his job, being forced to repay a debt to the Mexican mob over petty slights and later forced to work for the FIB and by killing him, leaves him with a great deal of enemies.
- Trevor - Trevor and Franklin's first meeting was nowhere near perfect, as he was cautious of the new recruit and even insulted him and Michael for their father-son like relationship. He was eventually able to put his trust into Michael's judgement of Franklin and the two were finally able to get along and unlike Michael does not do anything to get him in trouble. In the optional ending that involves killing Trevor, he protests that he has been nothing but straight and true with him. Franklin seems to regret killing him, but also perceives Trevor as a threat to him and Michael. In the ending where Franklin kills Michael, he would cut off ties with him and claim that he's dead to him. When hanging out with Franklin, Trevor states that he's proud of him.
- Lamar - As stated above, Franklin's relationship with Lamar is a bit unsettled, as Lamar is seen as a funny yet dangerous maniac, and is also known to be one of the main people holding Franklin back to the criminal life. Despite this, Franklin still considers him his best friend and on multiple occasions throughout the story, he risks his life to save him and help him out. By the end of the game, they seem to get along more calmly than before, especially within the Deathwish ending, where Lamar is pleasantly surprised to hear Franklin's need to help Michael and Trevor survive.
- Denise - Franklin and his aunt Denise have a less than amicable relationship. They don't get along and Franklin is frequently annoyed with his aunt's feminist meetings and her desire for Franklin to move out. He generally considers her an airhead and often says that she has gotten even more out-of-touch with reality in recent times. Ultimately, he leaves the house as his former room was turned into a safe shelter for women and Franklin and his aunt mutually cutting ties.
- Michael's Family - Unlike Trevor, Franklin generally gets along fine with the De Santa family. Amanda and Franklin seem to have a friendly relationship and will exchange kind words if they talk to each other. Michael's son Jimmy looks up to Franklin, since he admires the "gangsta" lifestyle. Franklin does, however, ask Jimmy to stop talking in a stereotypical gangsta fashion, since it would get him in trouble with people. Franklin does not seem to know Tracey as well, but can make small talk with her when he visits Michael's house.
- Simeon Yetarian - Simeon is an Armenian luxury car salesman, who uses the business as a front for his repo activity. He employs Franklin as his repo-man. Simeon's relationship with Franklin was shown in to be in a poor condition, as he does not seem to fulfill many of Franklin's requests. Eventually, Franklin cut his ties with Simeon after he crashed into his dealership.
- Stretch - Franklin and Stretch had an antagonistic relationship, frequently trading insults and threats. Franklin also felt hostility towards Stretch for sending him and Lamar on numerous set-ups. He also dislikes the Families OG for, in his mind, trying to keep him and Lamar around as simple gangsters. He did, however, say to Lamar that Stretch could join their own gang, though that was likely a lie. Like most of Franklin's former associates, Franklin disassociate himself from Stretch and only deals with him when he realize Stretch is a potential threat to Lamar's safety and chooses to have Michael kill him.
- Tanisha Jackson - Franklin's ex-girlfriend, she broke up with Franklin over his criminal lifestyle. To Tanisha, Franklin changed very little, despite his improved wealth compared to Lamar, as he earned his wealth through violence and illegal means. Despite the end of the relationship, she still cares for him and Lamar and asked for him to save his friend from death. Franklin also wishes her the best when she announces her marriage to Jayden, a doctor whom she met.
- Devin Weston - Antagonistic with Franklin, he is seen as an extremely useful pawn throughout their dealings, however in every scenario where both parties are involved Weston always came out on top. From the car thefts which left Franklin and Lamar penniless, to leaving Franklin uncompensated and leaving him hung out to dry as well. Franklin is often forced to work for him and can be ironically compared to Simeon. Franklin also holds a special dislike for Weston's borderline racist behavior towards him, such as imitating stereotypical street slang.
Franklin has been described as "fit" and "fashion conscious". He is 6' 0" (1.83 m) in height. He is mostly seen wearing a blue button-up shirt, a white t-shirt, dark blue jeans with white stripes and a pair of wheat-colored boots. In the "Michael, Trevor and Franklin" artwork, he is seen wearing a light yellow plaid button-up shirt and stonewashed blue jeans. He also sported the same outfit in "The Trunk" artwork. He is seen in the "Franklin and Chop" artwork wearing a tank-top, khaki shorts along with a bracelet on his right wrist and a black watch on his right wrist. In "Three's Company," he is seen wearing his L.S. sweater, black jeans and Desert Boots. During friendship activities with Michael, Franklin may state that he was used to be fatter, but managed to lose weight. Michael claims that he can "kind of see it." Lamar also chides him for not wanting to walk around the block to the van, claiming "...you need to walk with your fat ass." in the mission Chop.
Skills and Attributes编辑
Franklin is a young man and is capable of tackling challenging tasks that Michael and Trevor cannot, and has a level of physical prowess that both Michael and Trevor lack. As being a repossession man, he is a skilled driver behind the wheel of any car. As shown during the GI demo, he was described as being able to make short work of the agents that were interrogating the target and is often seen as a competent gunman throughout the game.
Franklin's Special Ability allows him to slow down time while driving, improving his driving handling.
His special ability can only be used while driving any four wheeled vehicle or motorcycle. When activated, it allows him to easily take corners at full speed and escape possible accidents with ease. By enhancing this skill, its maximum storage capacity is increased, which also increases the duration the ability can be activated. Franklin's Special Ability begins at one third of maximum capacity, which lasts for 30 seconds of when at maximum capacity. The special ability also applies to drive-by shootings, as well as when driving the Rhino tank, making Franklin able to land even more precise shots while operating the main cannon.
For the list of Franklin Clinton's mission appearances, see Franklin Clinton/Appearances.
Just like Michael and Trevor, Franklin has received a very positive response from critics and fans of the series.
Dan Houser's Description of Franklin 编辑
"Franklin was the idea of this street hustler in the modern world where the glory days – if there ever were glory days of gang banging – had long since passed. When some of the illusions of this life have been shattered, what do you do now having been in that world? That seemed like an interesting character; a guy in his mid-to-late 20s who wants to move forward but doesn't really know how and is being held back by some of his more idiotic and dangerous friends."
"The idea with Franklin was someone stepping outside their comfort zone and their normal way of doing things, because that way, even though they're still in their mid-20s or whatever, that hasn't worked. That world that they thought they'd be in and be able to make a success of has, thanks to the modern world or the changes in the economy or whatever it is, just failed. It doesn't really exist. They're now looking for something new. A new opportunity. They've gotten their qualifications and gotten all their experience and all they're good at is driving and robbing. How do actually go forward and who do you get to a kind of mentor you? That was a good contrast. The gang-banger in the post-gang-banging world."
Character Trailer 编辑
- "Bitchass bullshit." - Franklin's trade mark quote. Said many times through the game, and commonly heard when he crashes the car he is driving.
- "I boost cars! And pop motherfuckers! Maturity is not really my fucking thing." - Franklin to Molly Schultz.
- "If the Bureau ain't gonna take you to court, them motherfuckers just hustlers anyway. And ain't finna let no motherfucking cat think he is so motherfucking crazy run me up a tree. Fuck that." - Franklin on the Bureau and Trevor.
- "So you giving me a lecture about not being a good enough gangbanger?'" - Franklin to his aunt.
- "He's just another nigga from the hood... him, Stretch and all the motherfucking clowns. All they wanna do is drag a motherfucker down and live in the past." - Franklin to Tanisha about all his old friends in the hood.
- "Shit, I can't feel anything, I can't feel my fucking toes right now. Man, my toes are dead. Or my soul." - Franklin while smoking weed.
- "Come on, man. I mean, we just took the biggest score in the history of scores, and you bitches just wanna moan? "My momma never loved me. My friends never loved me. I'm mad because I'm rich. I'm sad because I'm successful." Man, this shit is pathetic. Both of you." - Franklin despises Michael's and Trevor's behavior, after Union Depository heist.
- "Man, y'all gotta keep your fuckin' heads right and and this shit. If not, man, I'll put bullets in both you motherfuckers." - Franklin to Michael and Trevor before confronting Merryweather in The Third Way.
- "My bad, homie. I picked C. Ain't that a bitch?" - Franklin taunting Devin in The Third Way.
- "Nothing's real in this, nigga, particularly where you and Stretch concerned." - Franklin to Lamar during Hood Safari.
|Relationship Status: Keeping my options open|
|Back to My Profile||Photos||Friends||Stalking|
- Despite his date of birth never being mentioned in-game, Franklin's license plate reads "FC1988" ("FC" being his initials, and 1988 being his possible birth year).
- According to second stage of Children Of The Mountain side quest, his e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the gameplay trailer, beta appearances, and official artwork, Franklin had a stripe cut out of his hair on the upper-right corner of his forehead. Although it is not part of Franklin's default appearance, it can be bought at a barber shop. Oddly enough, Franklin's icon in the Character Wheel still reflects his earlier design with the stripe cut out.
- In Eye in the Sky, it is revealed that Franklin was once arrested for Public Exposure. According to him, it was due to him sagging in public and the LSPD committing "racial profiling".
- Franklin's favourite radio stations are Radio Los Santos, West Coast Classics, and The Lab.
- According to Tonya Wiggins, Franklin "fooled around" with her behind a Burger Shot when he was 13, however Franklin denies this and claims nothing serious happened.
- It is likely that Franklin is a Christian, or at the very least has studied the bible at some point in his life. He immediately recognized the verse that Michael sarcastically used, after pulling down the house in "Marriage Counseling," as coming from the book of Matthew. He is also described as believing in a "white man's God." Pre-release artwork of Franklin shows him with a praying hands tattoo in his neck, further supporting this theory.
- Franklin seems to be the protagonist with most compassion for animals, possibly because he is the only protagonist with a pet. When he runs over a wild animal, he usually responds with compassionate quotes, such as: "Sorry, little dude!" or "Watch out, little dude!" Instead of Michael, who usually responds with sarcasm, or Trevor, who responds with dark humor.
- Franklin's special ability may be a reference to the Zone special ability from Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition and Midnight Club: Los Angeles (other Rockstar Games titles), which allows the player to slow down time for better handling while driving.
- Franklin's signature color is green, most likely due to his connection with the Chamberlain Gangster Families. This is seen when using his special ability by screen fading green, while Michael's ability fades blue and Trevor's fades orange.
- The selection of the protagonist's signature colors may be a reflection of the character's personalities and/or their individual story arcs. Green is the color of intellect and wealth, reflecting Franklin's focus on gaining money and his desire to move up in the world of organized crime.
- If the player throws Molotovs at Franklin's house as Michael or Trevor, he might text the player saying: "U trying to burn my house down?"
- Franklin is the only protagonist who cannot play Tennis.
- Both Franklin and Michael are known to smoke cigarettes. At Franklin's mansion, Redwood Cigarettes packs can be found scattered on tables, along with multiple ashtrays. He can be seen smoking in the mission, "Hotel Assassination," while waiting for Lester, and lighting one up at the end of "The Bureau Raid" (Obvious approach).
- If the player enters the in-game website PsychicShoutout and speaks with Mrs. Marcy as Franklin, she will say that she sees Lamar in her visions, having sex on Franklin's bed. This is a possible hint that Lamar had an affair with Denise Clinton, due to his multiple positive comments about her appearance. Another reference on that matter is that during the mission, "Hood Safari," Lamar is seen exiting Franklin's house with her.
- Franklin is the only character to be able to use lock picks. Usage of lock picks is extremely useful when trying to steal parked cars when wanted by the police (smashed windows get detected by the police), or to avoid attracting attention of pedestrians and bystanders when stealing a parked car (provided the alarm doesn't go off). Franklin can choose not to get inside the car if the alarm goes and wait from a distance until the alarm dies, this can avoid a wanted level.
- The only problem with lock picks is that the player is not able to choose whether or not Franklin uses them. However, approaching a vehicle without running or attacking tends to invoke their use. Franklin tends not to use lock picks if he is in a hurry (i.e., if the police see him, or if he has been running).
- Franklin will not use lock picks on vehicles that he has to climb up to get to the door (such as the Sandking XL or the Dump), likely because both his hands are not free.
- Franklin sleeps for most average amount of time out of all the 3 characters. When saving the game as Franklin, the game skips ahead 8 hours. Michael sleeps for 6 while Trevor sleeps for 12. Franklin also sleeps in the fetal position, which is the most common sleeping position in the world.
- Franklin shares many similarities with Carl Johnson, the protagonist of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. They are both young men born and currently residing in Los Santos. They are both very calm, and are interested in making money and rising to the top of the criminal underworld. By another coincidence, both Franklin and CJ's voice actors are cousins. Both of them are also affiliated with The Families.
- Franklin is the only protagonist of GTA V who cannot die at the end. As a result of this, many of his missions (including all of his Strangers & Freaks missions) are required for 100% Completion.