|Not to be confused with Xoomer's, a business with a similar name in GTA IV.|
It operates a fleet of fuel tankers and maintains filling stations throughout the state. Its filling stations are easily identified and distinguished by a large "X" rotating in front of the filling stations. Carl Johnson's garage in Doherty, San Fierro is a run-down, abandoned Xoomer filling station with a faded sign displaying the company name still visible above where the fuel pumps would have been, but there is no rotating 'X' however as it was likely pulled down when the location was abandoned.
After several missions this old filling station becomes a successful chop-shop/auto garage and also serves as a safehouse, with a garage large enough to hold three vehicles. It is never explained why Xoomer abandoned the filling station that becomes Carl Johnson's chop-shop/auto-garage, although damage brought on from the San Andreas Earthquake could be to blame.
Xoomer is most likely a parody of Exxon, as the "X" in "Xoomer" is similar to the double "X" in Exxon's logo.
XoomartXoomart is a convenience store located in most of the Xoomer gas stations, for customers to purchase goods conveniently while filling their vehicle with fuel.
The store is, however, inaccessible to the player and plays no role in the storyline whatsoever.
Prominent Appearances in Missions
Xoomer is the owner of the truck Carl and Cesar Vialpando steal during the Mike Toreno mission Highjack. In both missions, the company's logo, a large "X" with the name "Xoomer" superimposed, is seen emblazoned on the sides and back of the truck's tank. Furthermore, the trucking missions just outside western Los Santos sometimes require the player to drive a tanker. Invariably, the tanker sports the Xoomer logo on its tank.
San Andreas' Countryside
- While other Xoomer gas pumps can be destroyed, the ones in Las Venturas cannot.
- Xoomer may be a play on the word, "zoomer", or "exhumer" (a person who digs up bodies).
- Xoomer was called Xenon in the GTA San Andreas internal game files. The Xenon billboard can be seen in San Fierro near ZIP, but only while the game graphics are still loading.
- The Xoomer gas station in Easter Basin is very close to the abandoned Xoomer station in Doherty. The Easter Basin station may have replaced the abandoned station.
- An oil company in Grand Theft Auto V, Xero, features a logo that is reminiscent of Xoomer's logo.
- There is a real-life company based in India that is named Xoomer India Logistics, even ripping off the logo from GTA San Andreas' Xoomer: https://www.justdial.com/Delhi/Xoomer-India-Logistics-Near-By-Mother-Diary-Vaishali-Sector-4/011PXX11-XX11-180307151721-X6F1_BZDET