Carl is waiting for Cesar in the meeting place, who is apparently late for a race. Later on, Cesar arrives, who explains that he is late because didn't know when the race would start. Later, the organizer of the race, Wu Zi Mu, arrives. He introduces himself to Carl, who introduces himself to Woozie. He tells Carl that the races here a high stakes, and they may reward the winner with cash or a pink slip. Later on, Carl hops on to his vehicle of choice, and goes to the starting point.
Then, the race begins, with Carl and Woozie participating. They race through different parts of Red County, like in Blueberry and in Blueberry Acres. Then, Carl manages to get to the finish line in The Panopticon first, with Woozie congratulating him later.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Win the race
The reward for this mission is $5000 and the mission Farewell, My Love... is unlocked.
In addition, once the race tournaments are unlocked, the race featured in this mission is offered as part of the tournament, however as Carl has already completed it here, he receives credit for it and does not need to do it again (except to improve his time).
- Claude, the protagonist of Grand Theft Auto III, can be seen in the background of the opening cutscene. Although two other protagonists have been seen in past games (Victor Vance in the Introduction and Toni Cipriani in his missions for Claude) they were not introduced as protagonists, making this the first mission to feature another known protagonist.
- The race may be repeated in the Los Santos Race Tournaments, accessed in Little Mexico, Los Santos. It is named as "Badlands A".
- No matter which vehicle the player chooses at the beginning of the mission, at the end mission cutscene, Carl is seen with a ZR-350.
- Woozie in this mission is driving a pink Bulletproof Fortune, however at the end mission cutscene he is seen with a Bravura
- A good vehicle for this mission is the Buffalo, due to it having sports car speed and handling and good off-road traction. You can find one at Catalina's lodge. It does, however, have the tendency to roll with the slightest provocation, making its use on this side-road race a challenge.
|PS2 Version||PC Version|