Carl is waiting for Cesar in the meeting place, who is apparently late for a race. Later on, Cesar arrives, who explains that he is late because didn't know when the race would start. Later, the organizer of the race, Wu Zi Mu, arrives. He introduces himself to Carl, who introduces himself to Woozie. He tells Carl that the races here a high stakes, and they may reward the winner with cash or a pink slip. Later on, Carl hops on to his vehicle of choice, and goes to the starting point.
Then, the race begins, with Carl and Woozie participating. They race through different parts of Red County, like in Blueberry and in Blueberry Acres. Then, Carl manages to get to the finish line in The Panopticon first, with Woozie congratulating him later.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Win the race
The reward for this mission is $5000 and the mission Farewell, My Love... is unlocked.
In addition, once the race tournaments are unlocked, the race featured in this mission is offered as part of the tournament; however, as the player has already completed it here, they receive credit for it and do not need to do it again (except to improve their time).
Tips and Tricks
- A good vehicle for this mission is the Buffalo, as it has good speed, handling, and off-road traction. One can be found at Catalina's Hideout, which is close to the mission's starting point. It does, however, have the tendency to roll with little provocation, making its use on this race, much of which is on uneven terrain, slightly challenging.
- It is possible to attempt to complete either of the Unique Stunt Jumps in Blueberry Acres while driving through the farm; if done correctly, this can give the player a good lead on the other racers.
- Claude, the protagonist of Grand Theft Auto III, can be seen in the background of the opening cutscene. Although two other protagonists have been seen in past games (Victor Vance in the Introduction and Toni Cipriani in his missions for Claude) they were not introduced as protagonists, making this the first mission to feature another known protagonist.
- The race may be repeated in the Los Santos Race Tournaments, accessed in Little Mexico, Los Santos. It can be found as "Badlands A".
- No matter which vehicle the player chooses at the beginning of the mission, Carl is seen with a ZR-350 during the ending cutscene.
- Although Woozie drives a pink bulletproof Fortune during the mission, he is seen with a Bravura during the ending cutscene.
- There is a rare glitch that happens in the begining of the mission, after you finish watching the first cutscene CJ will mysteriously die and the mission will fail. It is possible to see blood during the cutscene but with no dead body, after CJ dies woozie will say "whats going on?" and the crowd will scream and run away.
- When you open the Truck , Truck was drove by Elvis.
|PS2 Version||PC Version|