- "Join Gilles Peterson as he brings that perfect beat to Los Santos."
- ― Description at LCN.com.
The station is hosted by British-French-Swiss DJ Gilles Peterson (also referenced to as G.P. in-game). The station is named after Peterson's real-world weekly radio shows Worldwide on BBC Radio 1 (2007-2012, now succeeded by a self-titled show on BBC Radio 6 Music), and globally syndicated Worldwide International. The player can buy stocks from the radio station on the Lcn-exchange.com website.
|This article or section refers to "enhanced version" content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is absent on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
- "Globally renowned DJ, Gilles Peterson returns to add a new mix of New London Jazz, disco and world music for Worldwide FM featuring tracks from Kamasi Washington, Khruangbin, BADBADNOTGOOD and MF DOOM plus many, many more.
To keep the returning stations feeling fresh and to give everyone a chance to find some new favorites, FlyLo and WorldWide FM will be bumping the all-new mixes and tracks only for a period after launch, with the classics mixed back in over time."
- ―Rockstar Newswire
In the GTA Online: The Cayo Perico Heist update, Worldwide FM received an update exclusive to GTA Online, with 40 new tracks. From 15th December 2020, only the new tracks were played with the old playlist due to be mixed back in at a later date.
- Grand Theft Auto V (All versions) and Grand Theft Auto Online (Original Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 versions)
- Grand Theft Auto Online (Enhanced versions)
- Following WorldWide FM's success, a new and ongoing real-life radio station founded by Peterson himself, had officially started airing in September 2016 under the same title: "WorldWide FM". Since its initial launch, the station has gone out into the real world broadcasting all across Europe, Asia, and the US.
- This is one of the seven radio stations which doesn't feature commercials or news breaks, the others being FlyLo FM, Soulwax FM, East Los FM, The Lab, Los Santos Underground Radio and iFruit Radio.
- "Street Life" by the Crusaders is incorrectly credited solely to Randy Crawford on the radio wheel, even though she was uncredited on the single release of the song. Gilles Peterson, however, does credit both acts.
- The station is listed as a "jazz" station in the game's files as it was originally meant to be a jazz-funk station during development before it became what it is now. Songs by Tom Browne, Donald Byrd, and Candido were meant for the jazz station.
- In the game files of the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 versions, there are some leftover quotes from Liberty Rock Radio.
Bugs and Glitches
Grand Theft Auto V
- Unlike the shuffled playlist of the original listed music, the songs added with the Cayo Perico Heist update follow a linear mix, which once completed will stop the radio station from broadcasting entirely, leaving the song listing blank, this can be fixed by simply saving and reloading the game. This bug is also present on FlyLo FM. (Enhanced version only)
- Radio Del Mundo - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories that plays Worldbeat.
- Paradise FM - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories which plays another song by Donald Byrd.
- Fusion FM - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto IV which plays Jazz-Funk.
- Electro-Choc - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto IV which plays a song by Salvatore Principato as part of Liquid Liquid.
- Truth & Soul - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars which plays Jazz-funk.
- Turntables on the Hudson - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars which plays Worldbeat.
- Tortoise - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars which plays Post-Rock.
- Radio Mirror Park - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto V which plays two other songs by Toro Y Moi.
- The Lowdown 91.1 - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto V which plays another song by Smokey Robinson.
- FlyLo FM - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto V which plays another song by The Gaslamp Killer.
- The Lab - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto V which features a song by Earl Sweatshirt, Salvatore Principato, Dam Funk and Sinkane.
- Non-Stop-Pop FM - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto V which plays another song by Jamiroquai.