The following is a list of weapons that can be used in Grand Theft Auto III.
Grand Theft Auto III features 13 separate weapons, although there are mentions of an extra weapon that was scrapped during development.
|Melee||Small Firearms||Large Firearms|
|Heavy Weapons||Thrown Weapons||Special|
- NOTE: Click on the images to go to their articles, or hover over the image to reveal the weapon's name.
Standard Issue Weaponry
Weapons mandatorily added to Claude's inventory in accordance with storyline scripts.
|Trial By Fire||Flamethrower (unlimited fuel during the rampage, +25 units of fuel when either failed or completed)|
|Bomb Da Base: Act II||Sniper Rifle (+30 rounds)|
|Silence the Sneak||Grenades (+12)|
|Uzi Rider||Uzi (+150 rounds)|
|Uzi Money||Uzi (unlimited ammo, later removed)|
Weapons explicitly made available during certain missions, missable if not collected.
|Don't Spank Ma Bitch Up||Baseball Bat|
|Pump-Action Pimp||Pistol (+45 rounds)|
|Farewell 'Chunky' Lee Chong|
|Taking Out the Laundry||Grenades (+10)|
|Arms Shortage||- M16 (+60rounds)
- Uzi (+125 rounds)
- Shotgun (+25 shells)
- Molotov Cocktail (+5 bottles)
- Rocket Launcher (+5 rockets)
|Marked Man||- Sniper Rifle (+50 rounds)
- M16 (+1000 rounds)
- Rocket Launcher (+25 rockets)
- Flamethrower (+100 units)
Quick reload bug
On both the PS2 and PC versions (and possibly the Xbox), a bug exists where the player can quickly fire slow weapons, such as the shotgun, without waiting to reload. On the PC, you must change the controls to Classic mode.
- Target a person with the R1 or equivalent button, shoot and quickly release R1. Continue this and you can fire the powerful shotgun just as fast as the pistol. If any cars are in the way of your target they will blow up very quickly, so be careful. This is very useful for taking out gang members and law enforcement officers.