- — Unused description, Grand Theft Auto V
Grand Theft Auto V
The Vulkan was originally going to be in Grand Theft Auto V, but it was cut for unknown reasons. The jet had the exact same appearance of the Hydra except with the badging saying "V-22" instead of the Hydra's "H-27", as well as the Hover Mode capability. It was also capable of firing two missiles at once, unlike the other aircraft in the game which can only fire one missile at a time. As the jet was eventually re-badged and added to the game as the Hydra (in Grand Theft Auto Online only), the Vulkan is unlikely to return to the game.
- P-996 LAZER - A military multi-role fighter jet featured in Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.
- Hydra - A military VTOL fighter jet featured in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and GTA Online as a part of the Heists Update.
- Besra - A military trainer jet featured in GTA V and GTA Online as a part of the San Andreas Flight School Update.
- V-65 Molotok - A Korean War-era jet fighter included in the Smuggler's Run update for GTA Online.
- Pyro - A WWII-era jet fighter included in the Smuggler's Run update for GTA Online.
- LF-22 Starling - A WWII-era rocket-powered fighter plane included in the Smuggler's Run update for GTA Online.
- P-45 Nokota - A WWII-era fighter plane included in the Smuggler's Run update for GTA Online.
- Rogue - A single-prop military trainer plane that can be repurposed as an attack plane, included in the Smuggler's Run update for GTA Online.
- Rustler - A WWII-era fighter plane featured in GTA: San Andreas.
- Game Files & Other Sources: In the Cunning Stunt Academy ad, the badging can be identified as "V-22". The addition of the Hydra has the badging changed to "H-27". Considering that the Vulkan and P-996 LAZER were the only jets known to exist pre-release with not a single mention of the Hydra - the Hydra itself using data from the Vulkan - on top of the same abilities and the change of the badging, it is safe to assume that this jet was the Vulkan.
- Text Label: CANDC_VULKAN = Get to your beach house or ski chalet in record time with your very own weapon of aerial destruction, the Vulkan. A state-of-the-art fighter jet with air-to-air missiles fitted on each wing, the Vulkan is the Rottweiler of dogfighting.
- In-Game TV: As seen in the Cunning Stunt Academy ad.
- Text Label: INPUT_VEH_FLY_VERTICAL_FLIGHT_MODE = Vulkan Hover Mode
- Official Trailer: Grand Theft Auto V: Official Trailer #2 - YouTube (November 14, 2012).