Vulcar is most likely the GTA analogue of Volvo, as in GTA V a random pedestrian can sometimes be heard talking on a cell phone about "How safe Vulcars are", which may be a reference to well-known Volvo safety standards. Its high safety standards are alluded to further on the in-game Southernsanandreassuperautos.com website: "Reputed as the safest car ever made, (...) has been the choice for really terrible drivers for 20 years", which states that its closest counterpart in age is the Volvo 850. The font used in their branding is also similar to that of Volvo. However, the Ingot is mostly based on a 1988–1993 Volkswagen Passat Variant. The Vulcar Fagaloa is based on the Volvo Amazon wagon. The Warrener, whilst taking some design elements from the Volvo 144, mostly resembles a 1969 Nissan Skyline GT-R.
Their name appears to be a play-on of "vulgar" (meaning gross and inappropriate), and "car". This could be another reference to Volvo, as their name is similar to the word "vulva", the outer part of the female genitalia.
|Image||Vehicle||Style||Based On (HD Universe)||Notes|
The Fagaloa in Grand Theft Auto Online.
|Fagaloa||Station Wagon||Volvo Amazon Wagon||Appeared in the SA Super Sport Series update for GTA V.|
The Ingot in Grand Theft Auto V.
|Ingot||Station Wagon|| Volkswagen Passat (B3)|
The Warrener in Grand Theft Auto V.
|Warrener||4-door Sedan|| 1969 Nissan Skyline GT-R (KPGC10) (front and rear ends)|
Volvo 144 (chassis)
|Appeared in the I'm not a Hipster Update for GTA V|
- Vulcar was originally thought to be the in-game version of Volkswagen, as the Ingot also had similarities to the Volkswagen Passat B4 Wagon, but BF seems to have taken the Volkswagen role.
- Vulcar is also the name of a fictional volcanic planet located within the Vulcar system of the Mid Rim in Star Wars. Volvo's emblem also boasts a planet symbol, Mars.
- The Liberator is erroneously listed as being manufactured by Vulcar in some pre-race menus, when it is actually a Vapid. This error was fixed in subsequent updates.
- In the original Bradygames guide for Grand Theft Auto V, the company's name is misspelled as "Vulcan." This has been corrected in all subsequent guides.
- This mistake is also present on Rockstar Games Social Club, on the Ingot.