This list contains all known actors who have voiced specific characters featured in the following games:
- Grand Theft Auto III (GTA III)
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (GTA VC)
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (GTA SA)
- Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (GTA LCS)
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (GTA VCS)
- Grand Theft Auto IV (GTA IV)
- Grand Theft Auto V (GTA V)
It does not include generic characters, such as pedestrians, gangsters, radio callers, imaging voices, or commercial voices.
Neither the original Grand Theft Auto nor Grand Theft Auto 2 featured any voice actors credited to specific roles. The first game in the series to do so was GTA III, which, despite a limited budget and the GTA series' low profile at the time, featured several notable actors from film and television. These included Frank Vincent, Michael Madsen and Kyle MacLachlan, who all had prominent roles. At the time, it was rare for a video game to use such high-profile actors, and GTA III is considered a pioneer in doing so. The next game, GTA: Vice City, featured more movie actors, including Ray Liotta as the player character. Although the following title, GTA: San Andreas, also featured many notable movie actors - such as Samuel L. Jackson, Peter Fonda and James Woods - it had been decided that the use of such actors should be reduced, particularly for leading roles. As a result, many of the prominent roles in GTA: San Andreas were voiced by lower profile actors or rappers.
- "I remember playing Vice City and thinking Ray Liotta's performance was fantastic, but something in the months afterwards when I was playing it was conflicting in my brain: was I playing Tommy Vercetti or was I playing Ray Liotta?...it really sort of caught me off guard, and it kept happening to me. To some extent it left me a bit confused, and it certainly made us resolve for future iterations to dial down the use of famous actors. So if you look at San Andreas, there weren’t as many in that game."
- ―Sam Houser, president of Rockstar Games
From GTA Liberty City Stories through to GTA V, the series has continued using lesser-known actors to voice main characters, but still uses celebrities and real-life radio personalities to voice the DJs of the many radio stations featured in each game. Some games also feature celebrities portraying themselves, such as Lazlow Jones, Phil Collins, Ricky Gervais, Katt Williams, Frankie Boyle, and Jesco White.
- M Character listed in main cast
- R Character listed in radio station or television credits
- B Character listed in main cast and radio station or television credits
- U Uncredited