|This article needs more images of:|
Photo of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories location
You can help by adding some relevant images or discussing changes on the talk page.
Vinyl Countdown is a music store located in both Vice City (in 1984 & 1986) and Los Santos (in 1992), and appears in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories.
In GTA: San Andreas, there is a small billboard of both Love Fist and a Lance Vance look alike, with the message "Let's go to Dundee!!" Unlike the Vice City location, this location is inaccessible to CJ and plays no role in the storyline whatsoever.
In GTA: Vice City Stories, there is still a store in the Vice Point Mall in 1984. It (along with Ammu-Nation) are the only businesses to be present in the mall in both Vice City and Vice City Stories. Another music store, Needle Trax can also be found in the mall.
In all appearances, the logo of Vinyl Countdown has the first "o" replaced with a black gramophone record, making it only partially visible on the usual dark background. This results in yet another one of Rockstar's sexual jokes, the resulting combination being "Vinyl Cuntdown".
Music for Sale
In the games, various vinyl records and compact discs are shown on display in stores. Below is their list:
GTA: Vice City
- Love Fist - The Number of the Breast
- Sex Pistols - Jubilee
GTA: San Andreas
- 2Pac - 2Pacalypse now
- Boyz II Men - Cooleyhighharmony
- Cameo - Word up!
- Guns N 'Roses - Appetite for Destruction
- Love Fist - Clear the Custard
GTA: Vice City Stories
- Franklin's Urethra - Milk Riot
- Hasker Do not - Nihilist Farmhand Party
- Phil Collins - In the Air Tonight
- RIM - Generic
- Sister Madrikk - Half Human
- The name of the store is a reference to the Europe song, "The Final Countdown".
- In Grand Theft Auto Online, a Vinyl Countdown T-shirt could be obtained during the special "I'm Not a Hipster" Update update weekend event.