It is located on Vinewood Park Drive in East Vinewood, Los Santos, next to the The Diamond Casino & Resort (formerly Be Lucky: Los Santos). It is based on the Hollywood Park Racetrack in Inglewood, California.
The Racetrack consists of a central structure, the track itself, and two adjacent buildings which serve as stables. The central structure, set on the west side of the course of Vinewood Park Drive, consists on its western (street) side of ticket windows, entry gates, and pavilions, while on its eastern (track) side is a large seated stand. The track itself has a grassy inner loop and a dirt outer loop; its infield is grass containing shallow pools and a small parking lot.
There are three external parking lots: one across from the track entrance, one on the northwest side (next to the grandstands), and a larger southern parking lot with a tunnel to access the track infield. The stables, which are set to the north and south of the track, contain stalls for horses, bales of hay, and other equipment. With the exception of security guards, the racetrack is usually unoccupied.
The racing surface is accessible through a gap in the fence from the northernmost parking lot, or a ramp from the infield (which is accessible via a tunnel from the south casino parking lot).
The circumference of the outer loop is approximately 0.65 miles.
Prominent Appearances in Missions
Grand Theft Auto V
- Photo Finish Parachute Jump
Grand Theft Auto Online
- At the Races (Land Race, enhanced version only)
- Haulage – the car park serves as the spawn point for an additional Hauler for some starting locations.
- When not near the track around Los Santos, if the player calls for a Blimp, it will be delivered to the track. It will be found sitting in the middle of the track's infield. However, if the blimp is summoned when close to the racetrack, it will instead be delivered at an alternate spawn point at Los Santos International Airport.
- In GTA Online, Simeon Yetarian's High Priority car requests (original console release only) can spawn in the northernmost parking lot.
- The track can also be used for Custom Races in GTA Online. When driving on the dirt surface, cars will not be able to get to full speed on the straightaways, and turning in the corners is surprisingly difficult for a dirt track (instead of sliding, cars will often oversteer).