|Not to be confused with the Virgo.|
- "You'll want to start smoking when you buy this car. It's almost required. You've stepped into a new phase in your life. You're not afraid to face danger. It's the 1970s all over again, and that cheerleader is drunk in your front seat."
- ―Southernsanandreassuperautos.com description.
The Vigero is a muscle car which inherits the general design and role previously filled by the Sabre in the 3D Universe (the GTA IV Sabre is redesigned into a more modern sports coupe). The Vigero essentially resembles a 1969 Chevrolet Camaro with the rear and front fascia taking cues from the 1970 or 1971 Plymouth Barracuda and Mk.1 Toyota Celica. It resembles the Camaro in the front bumper, wheel wells, and boxy rear, but it replaces the heavily creased lines with softer ones and a less pointed grill. The double headlight design may be derived from numerous cars, but it seems to emulate the first generation Pontiac Firebird All Vigeros bear cowl induction hoods and "Super Sport" upholstery with badging on the sides, which is further evidence the car is based on a Camaro. The rear and front fenders feature "VL1" badging, clearly imitating Chevrolet's "ZL1" engine model. Interestingly, it also features front fender mirrors, a design mostly found on Japanese cars in the 1960s and 1970s.
The Vigero may also appear in "beater" form, in which it has a ratty, ripped up interior, missing or broken windows, rotted weatherstripping and trim sealed with duct tape, faded or rusting exterior, differently colored quarter panels, missing or dented quarter panels and dented doors, rusted bumpers (that may sometimes be dangling by one connector) and an engine that backfires. The tires may also wobble and shake while driving due to loose lugnuts, bent rims, or other worn parts. The exhaust fumes are black, indicating that the car burns oil due to bad seals and gaskets. The beater Vigero also has only two functioning headlights (which sometimes sag out of their fittings), the other two are broken or completely missing. This rusty form of Vigero is also used as one of the package delivery cars in Little Jacob's Drug Deliveries. The beater variants also feature interior designs copied from that of the Dukes (due to the Imponte inscriptions on the seats), as opposed to the regular Vigero's own design. All Vigeros, including the beater versions, come with anti-theft alarms, but the beater alarms sound heavily worn and out of tune. The beater Vigero also features a unique, distorted horn not found on other beater vehicles.
In GTA V, the Vigero appears almost identical to its GTA IV iteration, though the beater variant does not appear. It can be sold in GTA Online for $2,100.
Current Design Gallery
Version History Gallery
Like most muscle cars, the Vigero's engine is very powerful. Unfortunately, the Vigero's small tires and heavy metal body hinder the launch and handling of the car. However, the Vigero stays much flatter through the corners than the Sabre GT and Dukes, due to its smaller size, and is less prone to fishtailing than the Sabre GT. Like other beaters in the game, the beater variant of the Vigero suffers from degraded performance. Acceleration is poor, reaching 60 mph in 9.4 seconds, compared to 6.8 seconds for the regular version. Strangely, the top speed of both Vigero variants is the same, at a decent 171 mph (276 kmh).
In Grand Theft Auto V the Vigero is still powerful, but this time the Vigero may spin-out easier than in GTA IV, due to its engine power improvement. It can now accelerate much quicker, however, its top speed has decreased.
GTA V Overview
GTA IV + Episodes from Liberty City
- Spawns around Hove Beach, Cerveza Heights, Middle Park, Star Junction and The Triangle, Chinatown, Westminster, Alderney City.
- Spawns in traffic in GTA IV's multiplayer.
- One always spawns in a scrapyard near the sunken boat on Red Wing Ave, in Acter Industrial Park, Alderney. It can be spotted next to old rusted out chassis of Voodoos and piles of rusted metal. This is the only spot it spawns at in multiplayer. (Sometimes it also spawns in single player)
- Spawns all around Bohan.
- Spawns around Acter, Alderney.
- Rarely spawns in Hove Beach, Firefly Projects, BOABO, and Beechwood City.
GTA V + Online
- Can be bought for $21,000 from Southernsanandreassuperautos.com.
- Spawns on Los Santos Vagos territories in Rancho.
- In GTA Online, it will spawn around Elysian Island if already driving a muscle car.
- The Vigero tends not to spawn on streets, but can be rarely found in Pillbox Hill.