The airstrip is made up of a single, dirt runway, a control tower and several hangars. Around the runway are multiple air wrecks resembling the Andromada, but without the black spot on the nose and with a different tail assembly.
The airstrip also becomes a safehouse after being purchased, allowing the player to save their game. Upon purchase, Verdant Meadows provides a save point, access to Flying School, a landing site, a garage for vehicles, a hangar for up to four planes or any land vehicles including large vehicles that cannot be safely stored in normal garages. This is the only safehouse to provide two usable garages.
- PCJ-600 - Spawns by the water tower. It tends to spawn even before the player purchases the property.
- Rustler - Spawns in the hangar closest to the Air Traffic Control Tower after completing the mission Learning to Fly.
- Stuntplane - Spawns next to the hangar where the Rustler is located after getting all silver or higher in the Pilot School.
- Hunter - Spawns on the helipad after getting all gold in Pilot School. May alternate with the Leviathan.
- Leviathan - Spawns on the helipad after completing the mission Up, Up and Away!.
- Jetpack - Spawns right next to the Air Traffic Control Tower entrance after completing the mission Green Goo.
- Hydra - Spawns in the hangar furthest away from the Air Traffic Control Tower after completing the mission Vertical Bird.
- Assorted bikes and other vehicles spawn in a parking lot off the southeast corner of the property, next to the south access road.
- A beater Sadler and a Sea Sparrow spawn north of the airstrip.
NOTE: When both the Leviathan and the Hunter are unlocked, only one of the two can spawn. Arrive from the west to spawn the Hunter and from the east to spawn the Leviathan.
Events of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
By 1992 the airstrip has been put up for sale, prompting government agent Mike Toreno to have Carl Johnson purchase it for $80,000. The airstrip may not be bought before Toreno asks Carl to do so. Once bought, Toreno has CJ take lessons from the Pilot School, forcing the latter to obtain a bronze medal in each of the 10 lessons. After that, Toreno orders CJ to fly a Rustler to airdrop some supplies over Angel Pine before returning safely to the airfield. Following Carl's return, a rival agency decides to land at the airfield with an Andromada. On Toreno's orders, Carl stowaways his way into the aircraft with a motorcycle, then plants a satchel charge aboard the aircraft before parachuting.
The Truth later comes to Verdant Meadows, berating Carl for accepting to work for a government agent, then tells him about Area 69 and has him steal a Jetpack from Area 69's underground research labs. Using the Jetpack, Carl attacks an army Freight train to steal a jar of "green goo" and deliver it to Truth at the airfield. Following the completion of this mission, the airstrip becomes an asset, generating up to $10,000.
The airfield is featured later on when CJ steals an army Leviathan and uses it to airlift a Securicar to the airstrip, in order to carry out a heist on Caligula's Casino. The airstrip is featured again when CJ and his associates carry out the heist, where they meet at the airstrip at the end of the mission.
Prominent Appearances in Missions
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- Verdant Meadows
- Learning to Fly
- Black Project
- Green Goo
- Up, Up and Away!
- Breaking the Bank at Caligula's
- Vertical Bird
- The wings of one of the planes on the southwestern side of the property forms a Stunt Jump.
- Body Armor, in the aircraft graveyard, north side of the runway.
- Micro SMG, south west corner of the graveyard, near the stunt jump.
The airfield and aircraft graveyard is possibly based on Kingman Airport in Arizona.
The control tower and safehouse building is based on the WWII-era tower and operations building of in Utah.
- The name is ironic, as verdant means covered with flourishing plants and grass, but the airstrip is located in the dry, barren desert of Bone County.
- The hangar is the only garage large enough to store a derailed train. If the player attempts this, however, the game will crash when attempting to open the hangar or by flying over it.
- Verdant Meadows didn't exist in the Beta map of San Andreas.
- The "Abandoned Air Traffic Control Tower" safehouse is not located at the Hidden Interiors Universe, but below the building itself.
- McKenzie Field Hangar - A similarly laid out airport in Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.
- Sandy Shores Airfield - An airport with many similarities that is featured in Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.