Welcome to my talk page. Be polite and I will respond in turn. Be rude and I will respond in an agitated manner. Be civil and all will be well. If you're part of the staff team, be polite. Your actions reflect on the entire community. Take your position seriously. Even if you're not part of the staff team, be polite.
I hate these clunky buggers. Message Walls are far better.
I restored the information on Lester Crest because Heat is clearly one of the main film/media influences used in Grand Theft Auto V. Look it up. Smurfy: illuminate - communicate - spectate 22:56, June 1, 2020 (UTC)
- Then the page should say that, Smurf. It leaves room for people like moi to make mistakes like this.~Shigeharu (talk) 23:55, June 1, 2020 (UTC)
You do know that not everyone is a film buff, yes? You don't have to be condescending.~Shigeharu (talk) 00:20, June 2, 2020 (UTC)
- Let's start again, since you are not getting off to a very good start here at GTA Wiki. Most of your edits have been worthwhile, cleaning up grammar mistakes mostly made by editors for whom English is not their first language. I've only needed to undo a couple: your accidental use of periods instead of commas on Devin Weston and the removal of the Heat reference on Lester Crest. Some of your insertions of an unnecessary Oxford comma where there has been no ambiguity beforehand are debatable, but I have elected to leave them. Undoing my revert of your error on Devin Weston without fixing the error, and the other displays of a passive-aggressive approach to disputes aren't doing you any favours here.
- In further explanation of my succinct "nope" comments:
- If you had read through our policies linked in the so-called "obnoxious" welcome message before deleting it, you may have understood the current staff approach a little better.
- Trivia is actually actively discouraged here and we are making a conscious effort to integrate historical trivia entries into articles and remove unimportant, non-trivial items, however the Heat reference is not one that would ever be a candidate for removal. In fact, the Sly Cooper point is more likely to be removed when Lester Crest's trivia is eventually cleaned up.
- If you keep reading about other games in the series, you would see many pages for the games contain an Influences section, spelling out their film/TV reference material in more detail. Grand Theft Auto V is admittedly lacking in that department currently.
- Specifically though, we do not need to cross-reference every reference the game uses to any other uses of the same or similar references, and certainly not within Trivia. We don't do this for Heat in GTA V, nor do we do it for Goodfellas or The Sopranos in GTA III; Menace II Society, Boyz in the Hood et al for GTA: San Andreas; Miami Vice for GTA: Vice City; Brother for GTA IV; nor the many other games/characters/plot devices that use those sorts of influences. Thanks. Smurfy: illuminate - communicate - spectate 03:10, June 2, 2020 (UTC)
- Thank you, Smurf. All I wanted was an explanation. Thank you for explaining this to me; I did read that page, though it was more of a skim than it was a read, to be honest. I'm sorry for being rude, and I thank you for the explanation.~Shigeharu (talk) 11:22, June 2, 2020 (UTC)
It is highly unlikely that a category page would ever need to be a member of itself. It could be an issue with a template used on the page, or it could just be an error. Go ahead and remove it and if there was a particular valid reason for it existing, a staff member will be able to review it.
I've noticed in a couple of your grammar fixes you have made spelling changes from English to US English. Please avoid doing this. Refer to the Manuals of Style sections relating to language usage. Thanks. Smurfy: illuminate - communicate - spectate 23:11, June 3, 2020 (UTC)
- Thanks. Also, in regards to the English: I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was doing that. I'm not as familiar with the other English versions; I'll try to brush up on it so I don't make the mistake again.~Tora (To4oo4) (talk) 13:03, June 4, 2020 (UTC)