Hello, Spazmat, and welcome to the GTA Wiki, the wiki about the Grand Theft Auto series that anyone can edit! Thank you for your contributions! We hope you will stick around the wiki and do even more!
Are you new to editing? Please visit Help:Editing and the Manual of Style to learn on how to edit on this wiki and other wikis you will come across, and the Help pages to know everything about Wikia.
Here are some links that you may find helpful:
If you need help or if you have any problems, ask me on my talk page, or you may contact our Staff. The Patrollers are highlighted in orange, the Administrators are highlighted in blue and the Bureaucrats are highlighted in green.
We hope you enjoy editing here, and look forward to seeing you around!
Design Gallery MoS
Although you seem to comply with the Policy, we have a special Manual of Style regarding Current Design Galleries. Please read this and make sure to follow these steps before uploading any more image to a Design Gallery. Thank you. TGS96 talk stalk 12:02, March 5, 2016 (UTC)
|We kindly ask all of our contributors to please properly name and/or license all images that you upload to the wiki. Image licensing and naming is part of our official Media Policy, and as such, it is asked of all users to respect the policy and add a proper name & license when uploading as described here.
The name can be modified in the bar right above the "add license" option when you are uploading it, and must match with the Media Policy (a table of correct names can be seen here).
What you should do now
Ignoring this message can lead to the file(s) you uploaded being deleted and possibly to a block if you continue to ignore the policy on subsequent uploads. For more information on licensing and copyright, see here.
Good to see you tried to comply with the MoS this time, however you forgot to add licenses to your images.
Also, as the MoS clearly states, "Try getting the camera as close to the vehicle as possible, leaving minimal amounts of excess image around the vehicle (but avoid cropping and leaving just the vehicle)", you're only failing in this respect. You sure you're using Rockstar Editor? TGS96 talk stalk 02:17, March 6, 2016 (UTC)
- Your images are fairly good, you just have to get the camera as close as possible. Regarding the HD Images, you may want to talk to Monk or WildBrick, as they are the "vehicle images specialists" around here xD TGS96 talk stalk 04:40, March 6, 2016 (UTC)
- I don't think they need replacing. If they really needed it, they wouldn't do the job, but they do. Leave them. Monk Talk 06:02, March 8, 2016 (UTC)
- I don't have the Franken Stange anyways, and I don't really know of anything to spawn it in. Spazmat (talk) 05:52, March 9, 2016 (UTC)
Good work with the last request. Here are some other vehicles that need replacing to follow the MoS:
- Blazer Lifeguard
- Minivan - Leave Front, rear and dashboard views; replace the others.
- Surfer (Beater and Standard variants)
- One thing, how can you tell the difference between clear weather and smog? I've had times I wasn't sure wether it was smog or not, but from what I know the smog changes the color of nearby objects and lighting. Is there an easy way to tell? Spazmat (talk) 05:55, March 10, 2016 (UTC)
Which platform do you take those pics from? I think you could just screenshoot them directly rather than using the snapmatic feature. This way you can have original PNG images and conserve most of the quality. TGS96 talk stalk 04:37, March 12, 2016 (UTC)
Basically, I put together all the views in clips that were about 2 seconds each, into a project in the R* editor, then I exported it at highest bitrate. Then I opened the exported video with Sony Vegas and took out each frame as JPG's with the view I needed, which should be at full quality. I haven't used snapmatic on any of the shots, it's always been exported from R* editor. For the dashboard and cropped detail views, I used GIMP to put them together or paste directly from printscreen. Spazmat (talk) 05:21, March 12, 2016 (UTC)
- I see. I thought you were still using snapmatic, but now I realised that your pics are 1920x1080, instead of 960x540. Sorry for that. TGS96 talk stalk 05:31, March 12, 2016 (UTC)