You don't need to worry with save points, the Bleeter website saves every single bleet throught the entire game. You can see bleets posted after the first mission, even after beating the campaign. - DLVIII Talk 00:24, May 1, 2015 (UTC)
- I like to check this sort of things, a lot of my edits here during my first months, was basically information from the in-game internet that so many people ignored, (dates, events, the aftermath in each mission page), love this little world that Rockstar created for the game. - DLVIII Talk 00:46, May 1, 2015 (UTC)
You should consider evolvng your moderation style to include examining edits for correctness before reverting them for a technicality. New users make mistakes, aren't familiar with advanced features, and commit many other forgivable offenses in the name of ensuring information correctness.
And for what it's worth, the link for the Cruiser in the table under Cycles on the vehicles page for GTA V/Online is incorrect without the disambiguation.
This guy continues to violate the Image Policy after being told not to do so. 13:21, May 2, 2015 (UTC)
Hey Smurfy. I find the name of this uploaded image very strange. Is this from your garage? The file name is this. () 14:53, May 2, 2015 (UTC)Smashbro8
- It's from his garage, if you look on his user page, you'll find it. Not sure if its modified or if its stock, or if its Story Mode or GTA Online, though. (talk) | (stalk) 17:37, May 2, 2015 (UTC)
- Okay. The reason I asked is because this user used your Nemesis and Sovereign images on their respective pages. His edits have been reverted by me and Monk. Keep an eye on him in case he uses anymore of your images for vehicle articles. () 04:14, May 4, 2015 (UTC)Smashbro8
I just want to mention you that the little neighborhood of Burton is, if we refer to the official map (in the GTA V Manuel), in Vinewood. Not in Rockford Hills...Also, when we take a look on Vespucci Official Boundary, we got an another problem...The standard Safehouse (In Red on the map) (0115 Bay City Avenue ) in the south of Vespucci it suppose to be in Vespucci if we refer to the official map... But all this little sector (In Pink on the map) (where we can find the standard apartment) is in other sources (like in-game, the Bradygames Guide and other articles of this Wiki) into the sector of La Puerta....It is the official map the problem ? Or it is the other sources ?
Sorry if I disturbing you for that but I am a cartographer and these little problems troubles me..
Thanks you in advance !
P.S. Sorry for the mistakes, the english is not my native language.
Heist Soundtrack issues
Hi. After a long hard think about adding the Heists Soundtracks, I thought I'd ask for your input. Basically, the current "formula" for mission soundtracks on this wiki goes as "Mission name/Soundtrack". The content of the page is the file of music. Each mission has its own unique soundtrack, even if two sound similar, they are most certainly not (there are a couple of exceptions). These soundtracks play specially for the specific mission - no other soundtrack will play on that mission.
Now, when it comes to GTA Online (Heists specifically), any soundtrack (or a variable of an amount) can play during the heists, but the first heist setup (Fleeca Job - Scope Out) has its own soundtrack, that always plays during that heist setup (just like missions in GTA V, per mentioned). All other heists and heist setups have a certain amount of soundtracks, that are randomly picked to play during them missions. So, the real problem is, how can I contain these tracks on the wiki? So far, the rule for heists is the same as the rule for Missions in GTA V (Heist name/Soundtrack). What can I do with the rest of the soundtracks if they can play on any heist? It cannot follow the rule of "Heist Name/Soundtrack" if it doesn't always play on the mission.
- Sorry, you seem to have got confused. I wasn't concerning the file names for these videos (they automatically name themselves as the video name on Youtube), I was on about whereabouts I should store these soundtracks, so far, I have put the files on a separate page which uses the "Mission Name/Soundtrack" style, so it links but distinguishes Itself from the main article. The Heist Soundtracks for GTA Online can't follow this system, as they all play randomly on the heists. So, how could I separate them from the article, without doing the Mission name/Soundtrack system? Should I do a separate page from the Heists Update page, named "Heists Update/Soundtrack", and store all heists soundtracks in there? (talk) | (stalk) 14:50, May 5, 2015 (UTC)
RE: Rockstar Social Club
ReplyNoticed? That's what i'm talking about. (talk/stalk/blog) 22:38, May 3, 2015 (UTC)
- Yeah but the old one is more clear, anyway, I uploaded a picture of the Vintage Pistol painted orange, I assume that Rain can replace it as soon as he take a picture of it. (talk/stalk/blog) 22:53, May 3, 2015 (UTC)
GTA V/Online Khamelion, Annihilator?
Is there a reason why the annihilator and the khamelion cant have " can only be obtained in single player by save editing"? Because the Stinger GT is only available in Gta Online just like the two vehicles mentioned above and there it does have that description that it can only be obtained by save editing in single player. (Check the Trivia Tab). Only i didnt put the description there so I thought il do the same with the Annihilator and the Khamelion since its true.OOO Karma NL (talk) 23:59, May 3, 2015 (UTC)
Can character infoboxes be filled with this sign (†) to show that a character is dead. As I noticed that one user had added the sign to this page, and I am unsure whether or not to undo his edit. I did not notice other infoboxes with this sign. MC (MyComputer) 13:58, May 4, 2015 (UTC)
- I think that all intersections can be listed in tables (as what some pages depicting GTA V highways have), so the infobox does not need to show all the intersections. I also had created a new template, though my apologies as I had made many changes to the page, since it's my first time doing this. Can you please look at my sandbox and the template page to check for mistakes, though the table showing all the intersections is incomplete.
- Also, some pages depicting a one-way road (mostly in Algonquin) may show the wrong information (For example Lorimar Street, as the first paragraph shows the road as an east-west street, but the second paragraph shows the road as a west-east street). I spotted this when I'm working on the template, and unless I remembered incorrectly, some pages depicted the wrong direction of the road. I will check all the one-way streets in Liberty City by playing the game, and I will make the necessary change, if there's any, tomorrow. MC (MyComputer) 10:23, May 10, 2015 (UTC)
I've got to admit that it's really irritating to see a text with the words "Based off" combined together, Monk found a few of these on the articles, should we add that to the MoS? AndreEagle17 23:27, May 6, 2015 (UTC)
Look at this great news!
I'm kidding. This, is bullshit. If this is just a temporary thing or something along those lines, then good I suppose. If not, we get the strong smell of bullshit coming our way! Mortsnarg (talk) 01:58, May 7, 2015 (UTC)
- So now what? If you mod the game you are banned from playing online and thats it? You can still play the single player? Because if the latter response is yes, then who cares? Almost everyone who bought this game for PC, bought for the mods alone, they don't give a shit about the online. If they have to choose between the mods and online, they will pick the mods in a heartbeat. If you think that this will discourage people to mod the game, you are dead fucking wrong, in fact, I think that this will motivate the mod community to mod the game even more, just to send Rockstar a message.- DLVIII Talk 04:00, May 7, 2015 (UTC)
I guess now we finally have all the symbols that we need for the infoboxes:
Hey. You have the PC version of GTAV, is the Director mode "part" of the Rockstar Editor? Only, the article for the Director Mode states it came with the PC version, that doesn't explain if it comes as part of it, or is just another PC exlcusive along with the R* Editor.
I finally managed to play the heists, I got a 2 day free trial from PS plus, I've only played The Fleeca Job so far ;p it was a bit frustrating as I wanted to be the driver, but I ended up being the hacker and driller, it took me a while to hack the system and drill the box, but I enjoyed it, I bought a Guardian and a Kuruma afterwards. As soon as I logged in, I though: "I gotta ask Sean to do a heist". If you can, let's do the Prison Break tomorrow :P AndreEagle17 19:05, May 10, 2015 (UTC)
Hey Sean, i'm just talking to Doc about the Bahama Mamas, i'll be straight; Do you know that the Bahama Mamas interior is actually only present in GTA Online? If so, the question is, how and why the interior is not in single player? It's the same map, but even with NoClip, the interior cannot be seen. AndreEagle17 21:02, May 12, 2015 (UTC)
RE : Resistance count in mission
Thank you, I just edited Death Metal (http://gta.wikia.com/Death_Metal), and it worked. Thanks !
Rockstar Account Block
Do you have a twitter account? Check the official Rockstar games account, they confirmed that RockstarPressUK is fake. AndreEagle17 20:55, May 13, 2015 (UTC)
- Yup, if they were hoaxers, they did pretty good. AndreEagle17 21:05, May 13, 2015 (UTC)
Kindly stop your flamboyant activities of spam-reverting everything if there are even the most tiniest of what you would personally percieve as "errors". If you deem something to be 'wrong', even remotely so that does not directly impede the rules of this Wiki, you need to DISCUSS before spam-reverting. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Coeco (talk • contribs) Please remember to sign your talk page messages with ~~~~.
Not speculation, it's an actual fact, the reason why the Technical and Insurgent pick-up aren't available for garages it's because of the turret, garages weren't made to allow the player to use a weapon, if players could take weapons on a garage, they would destroy vehicles, thus making the game glitch. AndreEagle17 03:12, May 15, 2015 (UTC)
- The reason is still the same; Technical and Insurgent Pick-up can't be stored in any garage because of the turrets, what else could it be? It's not fair nor right to use a mounted gun inside a garage and destroy any vehicle. AndreEagle17 03:42, May 15, 2015 (UTC)
I tried to remove some of the FPV requirements on your user page, since they have been added already, but you seem to have protected your user page, so here's a list of the ones already in existance for you:
- Insurgent SUV
- Regular Stinger
- Velkum 5-Seater
Nice one Smurfynz. How did you separate the infobox from the following info? Maybe I would fix a similar issue with my userpage (the tables are a bit annoying with the following info and just put a huge space between them :P ). Dispatch Data Files 23:49, May 19, 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks for that. BTW, is an excellent idea to add a map for the Locations, as you said. Keep up the good work. Dispatch Data Files 00:04, May 20, 2015 (UTC)
- Sure, I'l do the cleanup. Thanks again for helping me rename the page. MC (MyComputer) 10:45, May 21, 2015 (UTC)
RE: Heads Up
I'll think about it.
Changes & improvements are always nice but the current infoboxes are good so far. I don't think I will want to mess up yet another thing for desktop users - the new layout looks like a poorly squashed 800x600 thanks to this stupid mobile phenomenon messing up most of the webpages. I would rather have better experience on desktop rather than better experience on mobile.
Unless the design is platform-neutral (does not mess up neither mobile or desktop and still looks good at the same time) I don't think I will want to join in, but as I said I'll think about it - will let you know either after designs are proposed/shown or tomorrow.
- Okay, I'll join in - I won't be as active though, got a lot of stuff to do IRL at the moment.
Yeah, a monobook support would be nice. I tried copying the setup the Polish GTA Wiki has, except with the background being the same color as the Wikia layout on here (so that the infobox borders are visible there) and the text color being white & links yellow (because background color). For some reason though the changes wouldn't show up when I tried it on other wiki - the most I got was half of the sidebar, rest seems to be getting overwritten by something from the old monobook version and I can't figure out what's doing it. I'll gladly switch to monobook once a nice theme is made for it. 21:04, May 24, 2015 (UTC)
Table of vehicles
A user gave us an idea in the chat earlier, which would benefit people who don't know vehicle names. He suggest we have a large grid with pictures of cars, then their name and appropriate links, each separated by the grid. He suggested we do individual articles (Or intergrate them into relavant category articles), each grid containing vehicles in each game.
There's a few problems:
PROBLEM: cross over where a vehicle appears in multiple games - SOLUTION: Put the image of the vehicle in it's appropriate game, then we have the same vehicle appearing in each game it appears in, but with images to define what it looked like.
'PROBLEM: For GTAV, this grid would be giant, and would cover across multiple pages, it would also look horrible on mobile - 'SOLUTION: Well, no solution :(
So what do you think?
- Absolutely great idea. I'm currently working on one design, but I'm hopeless with Wikitext. 11:54, May 26, 2015 (UTC)
- I have started a table 2.0 , which currently shows the basic layout. Take a look, see what you think. I have chosen a "vehicle -category-description" layout, the description part would benefit the lazy side of readers, who don't want to visit each separate main article, instead, they can flick down the page and quickly get a basic idea of the car. 15:12, May 26, 2015 (UTC)
Michelle (GTA IV) Links
Look at the long line of pages that link to this page. Noticed this quite a few times already. Looks like nobody had cleaned these up after the merge with Karen Daniels, huh? Do you need me to work on this? MC (MyComputer) 10:00, May 26, 2015 (UTC)
- Okay, I get it. Also, I had redirected the page to Karen Daniels already. By the way, is there a need to clean up redirects to prevent this? MC (MyComputer) 12:21, May 26, 2015 (UTC)
- I'll try to clean this tomorrow then, if I got time. MC (MyComputer) 13:01, May 26, 2015 (UTC)
- I had completed cleaning up both the links and the redirects. If you spot anything that needs cleanup, you can always inform me. :) MC (MyComputer) 04:37, May 28, 2015 (UTC)
Dubsta 2 on PC Online
Hello, my edit for the Dubsta 2 has been reverted twice already. The first time by a 'patroller' was fair because the edit was unclear, however this time there could be no mistaking the details, and you removed it. The article on this website says it commonly spawns on Hilcrest Avanue and I've found them on the console version there easily. However on the PC version, I have not seen one, I have not spoken to anyone who has seen one. Friends, forumers, and redditors all claim the Dubsta 2 does not spawn on PC under normal circumstances and so far my own experience seems to support that. Even while driving the Dubsta 2 I've aquired with the method I detailed (which was removed) I have not seen them appear anywhere in the game.
If you have evidence to the contrary I've love to see it, but thus far public opinion seems to be that the vehicle is extraordinarily rare and only spawns under strict circumstances. Mr. Someguy (talk) 11:54, May 26, 2015 (UTC)
- Yes, it only spawns under very specific conditions. I've tried detailing those conditions but my attempts are just reverted, leaving no information on how to get the vehicle on PC. On console, the vehicle spawns on Hilcrest Avanue and the article mentions this, but the article does not mention that these spawns are removed on PC, and my attempts to update it have been removed. As it is, the article leads people to believe the Dubsta 2 still spawns on Hilcrest Avanue on PC, and it's very misleading in that way. I do not want to fight you or anything, I just don't want the article for such a rare vehicle to have incorrect information for one platform, especially when the correct information is easily found by searching on Google.
- Mr. Someguy (talk) 20:46, May 26, 2015 (UTC)
Prologue - Hidden Secret
Hi, i am Farhan, want to ask you about your change in Prologue mission. I just want to add some hidden information that the contact in phone is added (with isaac number to noir effect) while you replay this mission, after solving murder mystery, despite that Isaac corpse was never been found. Thats a useful information for next gen version of GTA V, to use the noir effect maybe. Can you review it, maybe if i have a wrong grammar, or something. Thanks
Backlot City Pics
Hey Sean, can you get some pics of the movie studio for the Backlot City and Richards Majestic Productions pages when you have the time? Both pages really need some pics. - DLVIII Talk 18:11, May 26, 2015 (UTC)
Thanks for the info. Since the infobox and the description shows two different prices, it doesn't make sense at the time I saw that while looking for the price. Again, thanks. Dispatch Data Files 02:43, May 28, 2015 (UTC)
Re: Peyote plants edit
Thank you for informing me of your changes, I will go back to the page in question and fix your unintended changes, unless you have already done so. For the record, I was obviously mistaken regarding the meaning of the first column in that list, and I apologise for that. Also, I have never actually played the Story Mode of Grand Theft Auto V (aside from the Prologue on the enhanced version), so I was not aware of the shark infestation in that part of San Andreas. I also intend to add in the reson for the necessity of a boat to get to the island in the description.
UPDATE: I have made the aforementioned changes; feel free to check. 
- Users have left after he came there, I wasn't there so he probably did something, but i'll unban him so you can keep an eye on him. AndreEagle17 00:51, May 29, 2015 (UTC)
Anyway, I had to ban two users yesterday because of spam, infinite block, is that too harsh? AndreEagle17 00:53, May 29, 2015 (UTC)
I added some stuff there but it's still incomplete, sorry for the rush, I was a bit busy. AndreEagle17 02:56, May 29, 2015 (UTC)
Hey Sean, I was getting some of the templates for Liberty City and I found out that theres two different navboxes about the same thing, this one and this other one. Can you delete the latter one please? I this the name of the first one fits the wikia style the we have been following. Thanks? - DLVIII Talk 01:34, May 31, 2015 (UTC)
Public Service Infobox
Hi. For hospitals, do you think it's better to use this infobox or template? I think it's better to use the latter, since it can be used for police station, fire stations, and more, instead of the former only used for hospitals. If you want to compare, look at Schottler Medical Center and Lancet-Hospital Center MC (MyComputer) 05:18, May 31, 2015 (UTC)
Alright, I'll put some practice into source mode and classic editors. Also, sorry for the awaited reply and a bit of inactivity. I recently got hired at a job and I've been working long hours and focusing on school because finals are next week.