January 2015 Archive
Hey dont be mad or anything and i know you cant edit till after jan 5th so i am asking you to take your time. The car cognoscenti is pronounced conyoscenthi or so and i could edit it but dont know the whole format of (pronounced con-yo-scenti) and even my grammar aint that good so could you do this once you get the chance. I am asking this cause the vehicle furore GT got something like that, Thank you.Shadow Polaris(Talk) 15:05, January 4, 2015 (UTC)
Hey Smurfy, non-staff members can also vote, I voted for you already, Sam did too, however, Dan (Messi1983), Tony 98 and Mikey Klebitz are inactive and McJeff only votes "no" so it's not that worthy xD
But don't worry, everybody will vote "yes", i'm 100% sure of that. (talk) 00:11, January 5, 2015 (UTC)
Oh, thanks for this, I never noticed! (talk) 00:46, January 5, 2015 (UTC)
Congrats on your new 'Patroller' promotion, nice work! :) (talk) 19:41, January 5, 2015 (UTC)
Fair enough. Thanks for letting me know.-- (talk) 08:54, January 6, 2015 (UTC)
Hey man. Didn't get back here on time to vote for the Request.
Congrats, you're the newest member of the Staff. I haven't been active as of late and therefore know not what you have done to deserve the Patroller rank, but if everybody voted "Yes" for your RFP, then I guess I'll take their vote for it.
If you need help, advice, etc. you already know this is where I'm at:
- Certainly you wouldn't, he was very different a long time ago, if I come to this point, than anybody can just tell me, but okay, I appreciate your honesty and Doc's honesty too, I know that I made mistakes discussing with Rain, but you know, he has gone too far and I didn't fell good with his departure, but it had to be done... Also, if I wasn't going to send a promotion request, than Monkeypolice188 would, and he would certainly get it. (talk) 22:48, January 7, 2015 (UTC)
- Why not? (talk) 22:52, January 7, 2015 (UTC)
- Well, WildBrick is not interested to apply the patroller position and 558 has a poorer grammar than me, i'll admit, they both are potential to be patrollers, WildBrick definitely do, I told him he could get to a patroller position, but he said "I'm not interested, maybe in the future", and also, Monkeypolice has helped the wiki greatly, he is not that bad, he ain't bad at all, Smashbro also recommended him to apply the position... Also, I will try my best if I get the patroller position, as I said to Leo, if I do anything wrong, please, tell me. (talk) 00:06, January 8, 2015 (UTC)
- Why not? (talk) 22:52, January 7, 2015 (UTC)
Eh, would love to apply but there are a few things that make me unable to;
- All 8 patroller spaces are filled (Well, Andre didn't get the promotion yet, but he fully deserves to be a patroller so it wouldn't be right just taking it from him)
- I am a V and Online section led-by at GTAForums. I could work in both places at the same time but I don't want to add too much work to do on me for now because...
- ...I have important exams in February and very important exams in June so I'd prefer to focus more on study rather than internet.
Maybe in June, maybe in a few weeks, maybe even in a few days. I'll apply someday but at the moment I don't have much time to do so.
Hey there. I changed something so that your name should start appearing orange soon, and I need you to pick a staff pic that is a piece of artwork from any GTA (use the other Staff images for help). LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 17:24, January 7, 2015 (UTC)
Well it's somehow hard not to notice your message with this large box in the bottom right corner. I'm giving myself a last chance not to leave GTA with the Heists Update; if it is terrible, then I'll say "Fuck you Rockstar". If you have messages for me, try my Community message wall instead.
Oh and it's bonne chance. 08:25, January 8, 2015 (UTC)
I saw you discussing with Camilo about the Rubber gun, I wanted to say that this gun could be a paintball gun as well, why not? But I just didn't add this information to the article, because it's too much of a speculation. (talk) 12:15, January 8, 2015 (UTC)
Don't warn him again, i'm reporting him right now. (talk) 22:25, January 8, 2015 (UTC)
If we can add a license to other user's pictures, then it's okay, you did that to Poppy Mitchel's arrest picture, then I added a license to this picture and this other picture too, as they look good. (talk) 01:44, January 9, 2015 (UTC)
- Good idea, i'll do it when something like this happens, like I did to Mortsnarg, telling him friendly how to add a picture, despite the fact that he's in this wiki since 2013 I think, in the case of that Pigalle picture, I don't need to warn the author (DonVecta) as it was added a long time ago and the picture is named properly, but if he adds a picture without a license, i'll give him a friendly warning. (talk) 02:02, January 9, 2015 (UTC)
- You teached me that, it was a few weeks ago when I uploaded the Shark sculpture image, i'm glad you teached me that, I usually do this when I upload more than two pictures. (talk) 02:19, January 9, 2015 (UTC)
Hey man. I need help. Remember my Trevor's face idling video?So,I see that you're posting pictures,and you told that you can't snap content for 2 weeks.Are you back now?Do Michael,Trevor and Franklin please,that would be real nice from you. LeoBykov (talk) 15:32, January 9, 2015 (UTC)
Hey, you mentioned how you could do with people telling you if a vehicle page is missing an interior FPS Image, well, there isn't one on the Fire Truck or Sadler page, and only a useless one on the Police Interceptor page, if you could add the FPS image to these that would be great, thanks :) (talk) 17:11, January 9, 2015 (UTC)
Also, when you get a chance, could you get a better Police Stinger image for the infobox on that page, the picture seems to be too dark on the right side of the car. it is quite hard to see without having to move and tilt your head! (talk) 17:34, January 9, 2015 (UTC)
Well, I don't know what's happening to the talk page when I edit it :/. Anyway, I did want to ask you since you are good at vehicles if you believe the fighter jet in the Heists Update trailer is the Hydra. I keep looking at its pictures versus the Lazer's, and to me, they look a little too similar to Lazers. I believe they are Lazers with new camoflauge coloring. I don't see any differences. () 20:17, January 9, 2015 (UTC)Smashbro8
Okay thanks so much! I now see the differences. However, I still think we should not add too many pics or info of the Hydra on its page, because it is still unconfirmed. Assumptions can be wrong sometimes. () 21:02, January 9, 2015 (UTC)Smashbro8
Thanks, i will try to find more, as i did see a few missing a while ago, but i forgot them :(. Ill keep looking! (talk) 20:24, January 9, 2015 (UTC)
BTW, Ive added a police riot interior view that is 'temporary' until you get yours (yours will be better, probably), just to keep your mind at rest :) (talk) 22:08, January 9, 2015 (UTC)
Rhino Tank FPS
Even though the Rhino tank doesn't have a realistic 'first person view', i still think it would be worth documenting the Turret view, which Rockstar actually call the tank's first peron view (i know how it really isnt, but it still needs to be on the page). (talk) 12:06, January 10, 2015 (UTC)
Not sure why you have reverted the updates made on the Kuruma page, I've deleted the picture with "Kuruma" on the back with Lester because it's about the car, not about the word on how to spell it.
A good way would be to just use the current table design we use, and add the info designated in the stats table on the webstite into our wiki tables. Thats quite hard to explain, but the info in the stats box is good enough to go on the tables here on the wiki. Just put it on the vehicle pages for each one. Sorry if that doesn't make much sense, i typed it really fast... :) (talk) 22:01, January 11, 2015 (UTC)
If you are referring to the Dumper page I just edited, that template was already put there by someone else and I just fixed the grammar.
Why did you remove all the categories on the Blista Compact article? (talk) 22:08, January 12, 2015 (UTC)
I've driven back and forth about 5-10 times past Higgins Helitours and the Frogger does not spawn at all. Maybe its glitched, but possibly patched for me, even though its not true. And buying a helicopter for myself is way too pricey, so unless I'd get to $2M and afford a heli, I spent it on a third property for additional vehicles. I'm at rank 228, so unless that's the case, the Frogger fails to spawn for me, no matter how many times I drove around in order for it to spawn. 22:19, January 12, 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks. In the meantime, I'll just find a way to raise money so I can get myself a chopper for High Priority Case. 02:27, January 13, 2015 (UTC)
- Its possible with Pegasus. Otherwise, its pretty much a glitch for that that doesn't allow the Frogger to be spawned at all. 02:54, January 13, 2015 (UTC)
- Couldn't know the difference as I just woke up. As for High Priority Case, well, good luck with that. 12:39, January 16, 2015 (UTC)
- Its possible with Pegasus. Otherwise, its pretty much a glitch for that that doesn't allow the Frogger to be spawned at all. 02:54, January 13, 2015 (UTC)
God be praised. I found someone who doesn't hate the Prius, I don't hate it either, it's ugly, but not that bad, well I like the Chevy Volt and the Nissan Leaf more than the Prius, but it's still desirable, in GTA, the Dilettante is desirable with good handling, but very low durability, the Surge is better.
But the least desirable car in the game is in fact the Regina, man this car is like a turtle, it looks attractive but it takes us very long to reach from Davis to Vinewood hills, i'd rather go on foot until a better car shows up. (talk) 23:20, January 12, 2015 (UTC)
- It's okay, Smashbro told me that, I just never heard that before. (talk) 23:37, January 12, 2015 (UTC)
Seems about right. By the way, why did you put all that span stuff in the hiperlinks? I keep seeing that in some pages and it always botters me, because it seems that it doesn't make any difference in the page. 558050 Talk 23:21 January 12, 2015 (UTC)
- Yeah. I still find a lot of span here, specially in old pages. You should have seem the Missions in GTA Chinatown Wars page, Jesus, that one almost made me cry. 558050 Talk 23:39 January 12, 2015 (UTC)
Solomon Richards quote
I've been on that page before time and time again and I just felt that the quote used at the end of The Ballad of Rocco was a more fitting quote to Solomon Richards character and described him and his business in a much broader scope instead of a smaller more mission specific one. The quote that was originally on there wasn't necassarily bad, but the one that I found in the Ballad of Rocco has a lot more meaning to the character rather than the mission. Mortsnarg (talk) 23:55, January 13, 2015 (UTC)
American english vs. Brittish english
The same goes with "Hood" or "Bonnet", I had to talk to Sam about that once, both are right, but it depends on where you live, me for an examble, I always say "Trunk" and "Hood" instead of "Boot" and "Bonnet". (talk) 00:22, January 14, 2015 (UTC)
- Another problem I had with brittish english was their accent, some words sounds different, I couldn't understand a few words (and some words are better to understand in Brittish english) (talk) 00:38, January 14, 2015 (UTC)
I agreed with him now, now I know the reason for keeping separete pages, Subway for stations, tracks and everything else, Car for the train itself. (talk) 21:36, January 14, 2015 (UTC)
I did.... I'm not sure that you read the whole piece of trivia. It was addressing the speculation surrounding it and why it doesn't work. The similarities are there, but they aren't prominent enough to make it so Andreas and Andreas Sanchez are the same person. The reason I put the piece of trivia there was to debunk that theory that was popularized by GTASeriesVideos and possibly mislead folks into thinking that. Mortsnarg (talk) 03:49, January 15, 2015 (UTC)
Yes, but I've seen people on this wiki that seem to still think this. On the Andreas Sanchez page there's a person that is asking the very question because of the video that GTASeriesVideos posted and the multiple similarities between the two. If you don't like a piece of trivia that goes in depth about then just a passing mention so people don't start posting actual speculation repeatedly about this. Mortsnarg (talk) 04:47, January 15, 2015 (UTC)
It's alright. I'm still learning what is and isn't necassary on the wiki and how to prevent an edit war. I'm trying and I have certainly made progress since several months back as to what to put on the wiki. Thanks for the response. Mortsnarg (talk) 06:33, January 15, 2015 (UTC)
Based on/Based off
I never used that term "based off", can I even find this in the english dictionary? I'll help you removing this from articles if I see any of these cases. (talk) 12:23, January 15, 2015 (UTC)
Hey Smurfynz, could you get a better picture of the Dinka Blista Compact (for the infobox), when you get a chance? (talk) 19:47, January 15, 2015 (UTC)
Forgive me if this looks stupid but... "Despite his hot temper" is right? (talk) 20:25, January 15, 2015 (UTC)
- Some time ago, all the "metioned" appearances were removed, but if you say so... (talk) 20:36, January 15, 2015 (UTC)
I swear i'll try my best :) (talk) 21:05, January 15, 2015 (UTC)
A user called KingNightmare just created a spam page. I'm signing off so you may want to keep an eye on him and add any needed warnings, just so we don't have an overnight spammer. Leo68 (talk) 05:13, January 16, 2015 (UTC)
I don't know about you, but in Minor Turbulence I clearly stated the crashed Cargo Plane was OFF THE COAST of Fort Zancudo. The one Trevor crashed is nowhere near the Army base, like the Alamo Sea. It kept getting removed because it was the same plane model that was used for Minor Turbulence, just rustier and more deteriorated. User:Nitroglycerine
RE: Image Policy Howto
Not bad. It covers all the essential steps to following the image policy. Perhaps there could be a section that explains the process of uploading images for mobile users? I usually browse this site on an iPad, and every picture is automatically known as "image.jpg". I just rename them at the screen where it says a file of the same name exists. Carl Johnson Jr. (talk) 04:21, January 17, 2015 (UTC)
I just realised that the process is the exact same, except that mobile users are unable to name their own files when saving them, only when uploading. But otherwise, here you go. Carl Johnson Jr. (talk) 17:20, January 18, 2015 (UTC)
I didn't see anything else to add to it, however, it is a great manual for new users to quickly learn and understand the image policy and how to license images. Great job! () 16:50, January 17, 2015 (UTC)Smashbro8
That page will help a lot of new users, it helps them even more than the Image Policy main page, this should be added to the community noticeboard and to your userpage as well. (talk) 17:27, January 17, 2015 (UTC)
RE: Image policy howto
If a clean Voodoo picture was added because there is no clean Voodoo in GTA V, so I could add a picture of the GTA IV Sentinel to the Sentinel infobox, right? A perfect example of GTA IV and GTA V picture infobox is the Faggio, it has two pictures in the infobox, one from GTA IV and another from GTA V, so, should I add a picture of the GTA IV Sentinel and the Bobcat SWB to their respective infobox or not? (talk) 23:23, January 17, 2015 (UTC)
- But the Sentinel looks a lot different for me... I mean, the GTA IV Sentinel is a coupé, while the GTA V version is a convertible, also, the Bobcat XL is a variant of the standard Bobcat, additionally, the Bobcat SWB was going to be in GTA V.
- Another thing that is rather odd is that the Rebel article has the clean and beater versions in its infobox. (talk) 23:37, January 17, 2015 (UTC)
- You can revert my Bobcat edits if you want, i'll remove the beater Rebel from the infobox as you suggested. (talk) 23:54, January 17, 2015 (UTC)
You could be right there. Looking back, Nein's edits seemed to follow a similar pattern, with nationalities being changed and "insults" being posted, as when he posted the "Tommy is dead" post he added a "and you're next" towards someone. I can't imagine he'll be unblocked for long after his ban expires. SJWalker (talk) 23:51, January 17, 2015 (UTC)
Hey, i sent in for promotion, could you put a vote in? Thanks :) (talk) 14:07, January 18, 2015 (UTC)
You predicted right, Thomas802 is leaving too, I was talking to Smashbro8 during the previous days that we need a major cleanup on the staff, one of the main users I was talking about was Tony 1998, who is almost never editing, VaultBoy will clean all this mess, starting tomorrow. (talk) 22:10, January 18, 2015 (UTC)
RE: Well damn!
I know my timing could've been better. But hopefully this place can have a staff revamp now. Vaulty got promoted to b'crat, and it looks like Leo will be made admin, so hopefully it won't be too noticeable. I'm sad to leave, but I can't give enough time to this place anymore. Best of luck with everything. Tom Talk 22:16, January 18, 2015 (UTC)
Hi, Smurfynz. It's been a while that I want do to a major cleanup in the Random Characters page, this current layout is so bland and boring. So I wanted to do the same thing that I did in the Random Events page, and use tables to describe each of the encounters, so far I only made the Brian Meech table in my sandbox. I want to use a different set of colors for each game (ex: red and black for TLAD, pink and purple for TBoGT, etc) and I'm still learning how to make this custom tables. Any tips or sugestions? 558050 (talk) 13:10, January 19, 2015 (UTC)
- I have been trying to use the style of color in the mission templates:
Re: Easter Eggs
Yes. I've looked over most of the map for this Breaking Bad easter egg and I've asked others if they've seen it and they never said that they had and I never found it. If there was some photographic evdence or a precise location mentioned, that would be excellent. That isn't to say that there aren't any other Breaking Bad easter eggs throughout the world (such as the character "Cook ", the mission Meth'd Up , the design of the Journey , a website referencing an RV that you could cook meth in and on the same website, a teeth grille that besides the platnium, looks a lot like Tuco Salmanca's) Doue to the size of the page, I figured these easter eggs had been covered. If the page didn't, I'm sorry and I can put them down. I'm also sorry that I didn't put the reason why downto begin with, that mistake's on me. Mortsnarg (talk) 18:44, January 19, 2015 (UTC)
You are right about the admins, I had to talk to you about that, you know, Dodo is very inactive in general, but he can fix some CSS/JS mistakes, however, he is not the only one capable of doing this, and yes, we need one of them to stay here as an admin, since Thomas and Mikey are demoted, Carl Johnson Jr. should take the next position when one of them is demoted. (talk) 21:59, January 19, 2015 (UTC)
Request for Promotion
So based on your recent edit, all info found in the game files is "leaked" and should not be listed on the wiki. as it has not been released by Rockstar. ----007a83 (Talk|Contribs) 11:19, January 20, 2015 (UTC)
This toll resumes the day when I had to keep removing manually the vandalism of a user called "Putamadreuser", I literally had to ask rain to do a rollback in the Tramps article. (talk) 11:54, January 20, 2015 (UTC)
Ahh yes, i spotted there is actually supposed to be a gap, but i got a bit carried away. sorry!, can you sort it out from now, as i am lost for what to do. Silly me, (talk) 20:48, January 20, 2015 (UTC)
how do you make a redirect, just so i know for the future... (talk) 20:56, January 20, 2015 (UTC)
No problem, sorry to carry it on, i should have noticed the space. Oh well, its sorted now, thank god. :) (talk) 21:23, January 20, 2015 (UTC)
Ahh, thanks. :-) (talk) 21:57, January 20, 2015 (UTC)
We need to organize with type of job (R* and Verified) are fit for each of the pages. I thougt about puting like this:
- Capture = Only R* oficial jobs.
- Content Creator = Only Verified jobs.
- Raid, GTA, Contend and Hold = R* oficial jobs and verified jobs.
What do you think?
Marked for Deletion
Personally i didnt take the image, i found it on the Dutch GTA Wiki. I think it is located in Burton, not too sure, sorry :(. (talk) 21:47, January 21, 2015 (UTC)
- You can find the logo on Palomino Avenue in Little Seoul, beside Hwan Café (near Ammu-Nation). DocVinewood (talk) 22:14, January 21, 2015 (UTC)
- Well you're fast, you found out already ;p DocVinewood (talk) 22:19, January 21, 2015 (UTC)
It was directed at everybody. I didn't read your intentions no where, it wasn't a jab at you.
I explained now, didn't I? The posts I left are pretty self-explaining.
Anyway, don't sweat it. This would've happened sometime.
NG Vehicle Images
Well as long as the additional vehicle images are added because a lot of stock car images were from the Social Club.
I saw you were eager to make admin. Unfortunately, you'll need to wait until at least May, as you need to have been Patroller for a minimum of four months. I can't see why you can't have it by the end of the summer. Leo68 (talk) 23:58, January 21, 2015 (UTC)
Tom must have changed because that's what I knew from applying on the weekend. I'm on mobile so post the user's log page on my message wall. It should be after the blog section I think. Leo68 (talk) 05:24, January 22, 2015 (UTC)
That is definitely an oversight, because Chef says during the mission that "The aztecas are coming to the lab", also, both Trevor and Ron say that Ortega is the leader of the aztecas, and he attacks the lab with the others during Trevor Philips Industries if the player spares his life. Just check any video of the mission if you don't believe me. DLVIIIL Talk 02:01, January 22, 2015 (UTC)
- Really? That does not sound resonable. We know that is most likely an oversight and that they are all supose to be Aztecas, so are we gonna keep that the Vagos also appear in the mission just because it was not patched? Could we just leave a note in the trivia section explaying this? I don't think that they are gonna patch this after all this time. DLVIIIL Talk 02:11, January 22, 2015 (UTC)
- Can we leave a small note beside the name of the mission in the vagos page then? Like:
- Trevor Philips Industries (probably oversight)
- My problem with this idea is that, what happened today could keep happening every single time that a new user visit the Vagos page, he will look in the mission appearences section, see the name of this mission and imediately delete the link, because he does not know about the oversight. What do you think? DLVIIIL Talk 02:31, January 22, 2015 (UTC)
Re: Duke O'Death Blower
Ah right, I missed that. You're right, no need for repetition. I'll scrap it now.-- (talk) 08:43, January 22, 2015 (UTC)
I am nearing 32 but still in my prime haha :) Most of the users on here are teenagers and I sometimes feel like I am a school teacher babysitting teenagers on here. But even some of the teenagers on here are mature. Messi1983 (talk) 09:51, January 23, 2015 (UTC)
It will be done. However.. it appears it was deleted considering how I cannot seem to locate it.. --Dragonballgtgoku
Wait. I found it but it's part of my user page rather than being a template. --Dragonballgtgoku.
I know. I am saying that someone changed it from being a signature template to part of my user page. --Dragonballgtgoku
Done m8. Should be fixed Dragonballgtgoku «Talk Page» 00:26, January 24, 2015 (UTC)
RE: RfP Votes
I haven't voted on any other requests yet so I won't vote on this one either.
Well, we shouldn't switch languages like we did, you're not wrong, but you know, we brazilians just do it, makes conversations easier xD no problem with that man. (talk) 12:29, January 27, 2015 (UTC)
I added a link to your tutorial to the Image License warning. You may speak with Dan to see if you can merge your page with the Image Policy page itself.12:54, January 27, 2015 (UTC)
Voted no. I explained the situation at the bottom of the page. I'm not sure a vote suggesting standard users being able to become admins before patroller is needed. It's a bit of a no-brainer. I apologize if there was any confusion, you'll see the explanation on the Community Noticeboard. Leo68 (talk) 04:42, January 28, 2015 (UTC)
Glad to see i'm not the only one uploading videos of GTA V :) Right now i'm uploading a video of how to get the Titan, anyway, may I add you on the PSN? My current account is AninhaEagle16 (formerly my sister's account) (talk) 13:06, January 30, 2015 (UTC)
- Done! (talk) 22:19, January 30, 2015 (UTC)
Just out of interest, what kind of images are you collecting and categorizing? I am also collecting some new images, and would like to know what you are collecting so we don't collide. :) (talk) 21:46, January 30, 2015 (UTC)
Ahh, thats fine then, i'm looking into adding new pages about businesses in Sandy Shores i have seen, as well as more images of vehicle spawning at specific locations. (talk) 22:01, January 30, 2015 (UTC)
Alrighty then, i'll see if I can find the picture showing him and the family. (talk) 23:58, January 30, 2015 (UTC)
- Also, don't you find it weird that Franklin understand this dog but he doesn't understand Chop? (talk) 00:08, January 31, 2015 (UTC)
New Infobox Vehicle Images
I hope you don't mind, but i am thinking of changing some of the infobox images on vehicles. Some don't look too good, but i have been a bit of an idiot and have only collect the front quarters, so the rear quarter images will be different colour schemes :(. (talk) 16:33, January 31, 2015 (UTC)
Ahhh right, thanks for that, i haven't got to use the kraken yet, but i saw images of its interior. And the Cutter doesnt have an interior??? Thats wierd. (talk) 21:53, January 31, 2015 (UTC)
Ahh, i see, we need someoone who can mod this in, so we can tell if it has an interior, i doubt it, as if the mission can't let you select FPS, it won't be available out of mission, as it is unobtainable out of the mission, making it useless to use... (talk) 22:25, January 31, 2015 (UTC)
Good idea, you could also just peak inside the Cutter, i know you cant enter it, but surely, is there an interior seen from the outside of it? (talk) 22:33, January 31, 2015 (UTC)
That's good, just trying to' fail' the mission and get in FPS, if not, you have those images at least. (talk) 22:42, January 31, 2015 (UTC)
Dam, oh well, we have the exterior view of FPS images at least :). (talk) 23:12, January 31, 2015 (UTC)