Good day sir/madam, I have noticed that you have recently uploaded (File:GTA-V-Muscle-Vapid-Dominator-Left.jpg) this image]] of the Dominator. Since the image has not been posted to any articles, I have decided not to issue you with an official reminder of the Media Policy, but I wish to inform you that the way you have named that image does not correctly follow the Policy. Images of that nature should be named in this manner: ObjectName-GameName-DescriptionIfNecessary. In the case of your image, it should be named like this: "Dominator-GTAV-Left.jpg" (without the inverted commas). Thank you.
- And the same from me. I was actually about to post a "thank you for the positive contributions" message here to you yesterday just before you added the message to the A/Hours article talk page. It is appreciated. One thing I will point out in your work, you don't need to un-link redlinks whenever you see them. In many cases they are left there deliberately to remind us that the pages are needed. It is an integral functional part of a growing wiki. See Wanted Pages list for examples, some of which you have been striking off with your work. Smurfy: illuminate - communicate - spectate 23:14, October 31, 2018 (UTC)
- Ah, ok, I understand. I won't un-link anything else. Matrexpingvin (talk) 07:46, November 1, 2018 (UTC)
Hi there. The pages were recently reorganized by Camilo Flores into order of variants+type, rather than alphabetical order. However, since alphabetical order does make more sense in tabular form, I will not let your hard work go to waste. :) Monk ( Bureaucrat) Talk 19:45, December 20, 2018 (UTC)
- Thanks for the information, I understand and I'll leave the rest of those articles alone. Next time, I'll make sure I ask on the talk page/Discord when I'm in a dilemma whether or not I'm doing things correctly, but I should just stick to making event weeks for now haha. --Matrexpingvin (talk) 20:41, December 20, 2018 (UTC)
- Well, I've never run into a problem like this before, so I haven't a clue, really. Most of the images I uploaded here are from the Rockstar Newswire anyway, so go over there to download them if you can't here. --Matrexpingvin (talk) 22:56, December 26, 2018 (UTC)
Regarding marking edits as minor
Hello again. I have noticed that you are marking almost all your edits as minor, including the ones that make significant changes to the page concerned. While it is not against the Policy to do so, I would strongly advise that you only mark edits that are actually minor (i.e., making small grammatical changes, adding the "Clr" template and other small formatting changes, etc.), while even apparently small changes such as adding another word or sentence that changes the overall meaning of that sentence or paragraph should not be marked as minor. For example, changing the sentence "this is minor changes" to "this is a minor change" or "these are minor changes" is considered minor, as it only fixes the grammar of the sentence without changing the meaning, but changing "this is a minor change" to "this is a minor change with little consequence" is not considered minor, as it adds to the original sentence and potentially changes its meaning. For more information, please refer to Help:Minor edit. Please attempt to follow this guideline in the future. Thank you.
- I will admit, the "minor edit" button was always a grey area for me as I always ticked it when I didn't edit as much and/or just added information from other pages (3 arena variants, ...). Thanks for letting me know the proper way to do it and I'll stick to it. Matrexpingvin (talk) 06:29, January 22, 2019 (UTC)
- You are most welcome. By the way, I generally prefer responses to my messages to be left on my own Talk page so that I am notified by the system, but you may continue to post your replies on your Talk page if you wish, though I would advise you to leave a note saying so at the top of your Talk page if you do this so that other users know where to look for your replies.
- TAlim 1994 - Konan T-A Lim 林道安 (talk | contributions) 09:20, January 22, 2019 (UTC)
Good day. I am pleased to announce that you have passed your Request for Promotion and are now a Patroller with no probation period! As my first official Bureaucratic action, I have promoted you. Now that you are a Staff member, please select an artwork from the many available across the Grand Theft Auto series to use as a Staff picture. Also, you may choose a flag icon to represent your background or nationality. The flag does not need to be that of the country that you reside in: in my own case, I live in Australia, but my flag icon is that of Singapore, where most of my family are from and live. I will apply the flag of Slovenia for now, but you may change this if you wish.
Regarding tense used on event week pages
Good day. While I commend you for your good work on creating articles for event weeks, I would
strongly suggest that you use appropriate tense for articles concerning events that are current or have not yet happened. For example, an article for an event that has not yet occurred, but is scheduled to, should begin with "[event name] will be an event running from [start date] to [end date]" (or something similar), while a current event should use "is" instead of "was".
- I strongly discourage that. Having to keep on top of them is painful enough as it is, without having to remember to change the tense for an article that probably 0 people even read before the event was over. I can understand the shortcut he's taken and I don't really see a problem with it. Monk ( Bureaucrat) Talk 14:58, February 4, 2019 (UTC)
- You make a fair point, Monk. Very well: while I still suggest using the tense as described in my last message (though I no longer strongly suggest it), I will leave it to you to decide how to do it, and I will not object either way.
- TAlim 1994 - Konan T-A Lim 林道安 (talk | contributions) 12:56, February 7, 2019 (UTC)
Man, are you fucking kidding me? Why are you deleting edits about Premier?
You're so blind, you don't notice the similarities between these cars.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opel_Astra#/media/File:Opel_Astra_Classic_1.4_Twinport.jpg —Preceding unsigned comment added by ХайпанутыйДжо (talk • contribs) Please remember to sign your talk page messages with ~~~~.
Hey, Matrex! how did you convert the videos to gifs about the GTA V events in less than 10MB? i want to do this, but exceeds the MB limit. For example i want to convert this video of the Speed Week event in Spanish to put in this same article in the spanish GTA wiki like you do in the English wiki. ¿Anyone how to reduce the weight of megabytes to upload that gif?
Here's a comparison about my MB and your MB
- Hello! I use a site called Ezgif to convert videos to GIFs. After the conversion, there is an "optimize" button below the converted file. You can then choose how you want to reduce file size; I just use the standard one it selects (compression). Matrexpingvin (talk) 07:50, March 24, 2019 (UTC)
Sabre Turbo trivia change
Why did you remove my edit to the Sabre Turbo's trivia section? That was a perfectly valid piece to add and i'm quite upset you removed it. Can you explain your reasoning as to why you did? ExodusBF4 (talk) 05:59, May 8, 2019 (UTC)ExodusBF4
Alright, is it fine if i undo the deletion he made, but remove the part about me speculating if the rear headlights are a throwback? I think that should be included in the trivia, but i am fine with removing the speculation part (it does look silly now that i think about it)
Why did you deleted the contribution of the Invisible wall? Really vague? I mean, I don't understand why this contribution has been removed instead of rewrited, if the post has several gramatic errors (my natural language is Spanish). And I don't know if this is a hitbox problem (I don't know either what you would say). The thing it's that I am confused because a staff member has removed some new information that will help with the wiki in question, because in truth, this is a glitch/bug. Thanks for reading. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Addri Trainer (talk • contribs) Please remember to sign your talk page messages with ~~~~.
- That is a hitbox error, not a glitch per se. There are many examples of this in the game, for example, there is a big hitbox problem on Elysian Island, where the road appears significantly lower than its hitbox, making the car seem like it is floating. These aren't notable glitches. Matrexpingvin (talk) 08:54, May 21, 2019 (UTC)
- No, I don't think a hitbox error should be there either. Matrexpingvin (talk) 06:56, May 30, 2019 (UTC)
You didn't even give a reason as to why my edits are being undone. I'm sick of this, fuck you. I'll take my leave and go. I'm not going to try and contribute to a wiki full of butthurt mods who don't understand that i'm making good edits.
- Goodbye :) Matrexpingvin (talk) 17:42, May 25, 2019 (UTC)
Matrexpingvin, I'm referring to this Spill Magic logo: https://www.google.com/search?q=spill+magic+logo&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwibmfq2gNXiAhXlUN8KHT1KBBYQ_AUIECgB&biw=1536&bih=745&dpr=1.25#imgdii=XVCcq_AgU4RjXM:&imgrc=juj8xrsJKGzgSM: --TheCarson116 (talk) 13:58, June 6, 2019 (UTC)
- Hmm, ok, that one is more similar than the one I was looking at. You can add it to the page again, but maybe put it at the end of the "Description", where Daz is already mentioned as another possible influence. Matrexpingvin (talk) 14:19, June 6, 2019 (UTC)
RUNE Cheburek edit
You edited the RUNE page wrong. The Cheburek is actually based off of the VAZ-2101/Lada 1200. It even says it on the Cheburek page that it closely resembles the VAZ-2101/Lada 1200. So if you don't want me to fix it than u fix it.
- Nowhere on the Cheburek page does it say that it closely resembles the VAZ 2101. Matrexpingvin (talk) 13:59, June 23, 2019 (UTC)
- CHECK! It says on the cheburek page but relevant to the Lada line of cars is closer to the VAZ-2101 but with minor changes such as more detailed taillights and a rear mounted licence plate light instead of a bumper mounted light. —Preceding unsigned comment added by LitGamer416 (talk • contribs) Please remember to sign your talk page messages with ~~~~.
TLaD weapon changes and Infernus
I was wondering, is it ok for me to add some things about the various weapons in The Lost and Dammed? I feel like those pages could use some more info on how they preform. Also, the Infernus (GTA IV version). I noticed it is completley immune to small arms fire to the front of the vehicle/ trunk area. I've also tested that out on the other front-engine sports cars, and they are all share that same quality. No matter how many bullets you fire at that front area of the cars, nothing happens to the car's health or engine. I fired several thousand rounds from all kinds of guns at the Bullet GT and the Infernus, and no fire, no smoke, nothing. Just the bullet hole decals. Is it ok if i put that in the triva section of those vehicles? I think that would be a helpful addition to those pages, but i have a feeling you'll say no. Also, i can point out the obvious that explosives do hurt the cars, regardless of where they are shot. So, shooting the front area bay of the Infernus with the Explosive Shotgun from TBoGT, or the Advanced Sniper still will destroy them, but they are totally immune to all other weapons from the front. I even decided to see exactly how far back on both cars i could shoot before it would affect them, which is a little before the rear tires. But any area of the car, and they are fine.
- Regarding the weapons: if the information you plan to add is informative, I don't see any problems with adding anything. When it comes to trivia, we tend to be more strict, but as you've clearly done research, I don't see a problem with adding that to the trivia section, if you explain in detail. Don't point out that explosives hurt the vehicles, however, as that falls under "sky is blue" trivia. Matrexpingvin (talk) 05:46, June 24, 2019 (UTC)
APC damage test for GTA IV
Alright, i just did an entirley new test. The last one was more just assumptions, as i didn't do it with every gun. So, i just spent the last hour or so, testing out how many shots it would take at the APC's engine bay from EVERY gun i could use. I took precise, aimed shots up close at the engine bay and manually counted out how many shots it took, and here are my results. I also tested out all the vehicle weapons as well. Obviously, i couldn't use the guns from TLaD, but i used every other gun avalible. For the Buzzard and Annihilator miniguns, i couldn't count each shot, so i just took an online timer and counted how many seconds it would take to set the APC on fire. I didn't keep shooting with anything at the fire sign of fire. As for the Molotovs, i threw a single one at the APC's engine bay, and it only took that one after about 7 seconds to set the APC on fire. Here are the results, copy pasted from Notepad. When i say "X till fire", till fire is how many shots it took, with X being shots:
Pistol- 140 till fire
Combat Pistol- 90 till fire
.44- 56 till fire
Micro SMG- 170 till fire
SMG- 170 till fire
Assault SMG- 140 till fire
Gold SMG- 140 till fire
Pump Shotgun- 16 till fire
Combat Shotgun- 20 till fire
Automatic Shotgun Regular- 9 till fire
Automatic Shotgun Explosive- 6 till fire
Assault Rifle- 120 till fire
Carbine Rifle- 120 till fire
Advanced MG- 230 till fire
Sniper Rilfe- 50 till fire
Combat Sniper- 50 till fire
Advanced Sniper- 50 till fire
OTHER WEAPONS/ THROWN/ EXPLOSIVES
Rocket Launcher- 2 till fire
Grenade Launcher- 2 till fire
Sticky Bombs- 2 till fire
Grenades- 2 till fire
Molotovs- 1 till fire
Explosive sniper bullets, via cheat code- 2 for all three snipers
APC Cannon- 10 till fire
Buzzard Miniguns- 2 seconds of firing
Buzzard Rockets- 2 rockets
Annhilator Miniguns- 3 seconds of firing
I hope this info clears up any confusion my edits to the APC page might have caused. Also, i orginally listed the real names of the guns, but you might not know what those guns are, so i changed them all to the in-game names, not the real gun names.
Why did you revert the strikethroughs i made on my posts? I'm allowed to do that.
- Why did you even do that? You had no reason to just strike through everything you've ever written on my talk page. Matrexpingvin (talk) 09:50, June 28, 2019 (UTC)
- He has every right to undo your changes. Not only because it's disruptive, but also because it's his talk page, not yours. SlashM,C 17:13, June 28, 2019 (UTC)
- Oh, you did it again, nice. I've reverted them, but I've left the strikethrough you put on the APC edits message a few days back, as you've apologised for your behaviour, and for calling me a butthurt mod :(. But in all seriousness, I don't understand the strikethroughs; for example, you had done, as you've said, an hour's worth of research to test how much damage an APC can take, just to strike everything through a few days later. Matrexpingvin (talk) 18:00, June 28, 2019 (UTC)
Look, my posts on ANY pages are annoying, useless shit. I don't like seeing my work here, and i regret even posting it. And Slash, how is it "disruptive"? I don't plan on leaving any more messages on ANY user pages for the rest of time, so why can't you just let them be striked through and be done with it? My messages not just your page, but any pages don't serve a purpose. They don't have a reason to be here. Just...let me have them stay striked through, and move on. Ok? I'm not trying to start shit with anybody here. I have my personal reasons for why i striked them through. Can't you respect that? —Preceding unsigned comment added by ExodusBF4 (talk • contribs) Please remember to sign your talk page messages with ~~~~.
- It is disruptive because we'd actually like to archive valid talk page messages. It doesn't matter if you think that your messages "serve no purpose". This is Matrexpingvin's page and he can delete your strike-throughs all he wants. Now, I don't know why you are getting so pissy about having a couple of your edits reverted - myself and Matrexpingvin also had some of our edits reverted in the past. Don't take it to heart, man. It's not a big deal. SlashM,C 08:13, June 29, 2019 (UTC)
I'm getting "pissy" becuase i don't want my articles here. It's already bad enough i even posted them, but i can strike them through. Nothing i have ever done here is "valid", let alone important enough for archiving. Why the hell would anybody on this entire website ever need to archive what i posted? There is none! And yes, it IS a big deal to me. If i want my posts on talk pages striked through, i should be allowed to do that. And frankly, this isn't even your page! ExodusBF4 (talk) 10:08, June 29, 2019 (UTC)ExodusBF4
Excuse me but you sent me a message saying that i have uploaded content with lack of policy information, i don't remember what, can you please give me a list of what should i change so i could fix my mistake? Thanks Captain Braggy (talk) 10:31, July 1, 2019 (UTC)Captain Braggy
Emperor (car) Edits
You tried to insert that information three times, which is why I gave you a warning for Edit Warring. That being said, your edit was filled with unprofessional writing (such as old muscle v8) and the last part falls under What Didn't Happen. Inserting the information again will bring you another warning. Matrexpingvin (talk) 07:27, July 3, 2019 (UTC)
Help for screenshot
- While I think GTA IV is a great game, I haven't played it in years, so I haven't a clue how to take screenshots, if you can. Maybe try with an external program; what system do you play on? Matrexpingvin (talk) 11:29, July 11, 2019 (UTC)
- Well, if you have Steam, you can use that to take screenshots with F12. Alternatively, if you have an Nvidia graphics card, you can use Shadowplay to do so. Matrexpingvin (talk) 11:36, July 12, 2019 (UTC)
Thank you for the notice about my incorrect file name. I made sure to read the media policy and will make sure to follow its required naming patter next time- i apologize for any inconvenience i may might caused.
Penguin-Pal (talk) 14:35, July 13, 2019 (UTC)
Matrexpingvin, what the heck do you mean by "What didn't happen"?. Seems to me like once again I post what I think is a relevant piece of trivia, (in this case as far as I can tell it is due to the font basically being the exact same as NASA's logo) only for it to of course get undone for no dang reason. Besides, if there's something wrong with an edit I made, don't undo it, simply edit it to correct what I did wrong. TheCarson116 (talk) 14:07, July 14, 2019 (UTC)
- Comparisons between in-game objects/companies/logos and real-life companies is accepted in the "Description" section of the articles, but Taylair is an airline and NASA is responsible for space programs; they're not in the same line of business, and Taylair isn't based on NASA. Therefore, noting that the font is similar is unnecessary. Matrexpingvin (talk) 14:45, July 14, 2019 (UTC)
- Don't worry, the message on your talk page is not a warning, but rather just a reminder for future uploads. A warning would be given if a user continued to upload files with incorrect names, but this won't be necessary in your case as I've seen you had already renamed one of your images to (almost) the correct name - GTAO should be the last part. Matrexpingvin (talk) 08:30, July 15, 2019 (UTC)
Hello, may I ask what was wrong with my recent Brucie edit in the trivia section? I'm not mad or anything, I'm just curious as to what I could do to improve in the future. Pour me a glass, bub. (talk) 21:13, July 26, 2019 (UTC)
- What tasks does the protagonist complete for him? The protagonist is just a customer for his product, and he probably has other customers. They never actually met in person. Matrexpingvin (talk) 22:52, July 26, 2019 (UTC)
Sorry about that forgot t turn caps of when the edit was started.--Owen 17:41, July 31, 2019 (UTC)
- Not quite sure which edit you're talking about, but ok. Matrexpingvin (talk) 19:21, July 31, 2019 (UTC)
Why did you remove my edit for? Igcd says the Faction in gta iv and gta v is a 84 Buick Regal. I wanted to make the fictional cars have a specific year, make and model that is based on.
Gta iv faction
Gta v faction
- IGCD. Matrexpingvin (talk) 19:53, July 31, 2019 (UTC)
Clay Simons' Status
- Done. Matrexpingvin (talk) 10:41, August 2, 2019 (UTC)
Dialogues in GTA V page blocked
Deleted The Diamond Casino & Resort missions pages
Why did you delete pages that have something to do with The Diamond Casino & Resort missions, for example, you deleted a page called "Casino - Strong Arm Tactics" all because of housekeeping.Andrew Do 20:34, August 4, 2019 (UTC)
- Those articles had almost no content on them, not even a proper infobox; therefore they were not made in accordance with the Manual of Style. The two Casino Mission pages that exist should be taken as an example of how mission pages should generally be made. Matrexpingvin (talk) 22:00, August 4, 2019 (UTC)
Edit Warring Warning
Hi, I got issued a block warning for editing "The State of North Yankton" But the only things the I have edited today was "Police Riot" HPIZAWESOM~(Drake 22:12, August 5, 2019 (UTC)HPIZAWESOME
Why revert the infobox image I added to this page? I felt it to be a better image due to brighter lighting. If it's the image name, I just changed it to comply with site policy. Ghost Leader (talk) 11:46, August 13, 2019 (UTC)
- Since you renamed the image, you can put it in the infobox. Matrexpingvin (talk) 11:55, August 13, 2019 (UTC)
Can I ask why you undid my last edit to my userpage? I renamed the image in question to comply with site policy, there was no further need for image/licensing template to remain. Ghost Leader (talk) 19:52, August 16, 2019 (UTC)
- Don't remove any talk-page messages. Matrexpingvin (talk) 23:07, August 16, 2019 (UTC)
Page preview thingy
Hey man, whenever I hover over a non-external link, this like page preview thing pops up. Is this something you guys implemented, or is this a forced Fandom thing or something? It is really buggy and delayed, sometimes blocking other links and content on pages. Would be great if that would get turned off if possible... Pizzahut16 (talk) 20:07, August 25, 2019 (UTC)
- Hmm, I'm not quite sure what that would be. Whenever I hover over a link, no preview or anything pops up. Matrexpingvin (talk) 22:46, August 25, 2019 (UTC)
Incorrectly Licensed Image
I saw that you added a message to my page saying that one of my image uploads is not compliant but it doesn't specify the reason.
- I changed the licence, but thank you for changing the capitalisation as well. Matrexpingvin (talk) 20:28, September 4, 2019 (UTC)
Re: Tailgater Edit
Apologies, I've learned now to not use Wikia while on mobile with Grammarly keyboard active, since that seems to fuck everything up... I was trying to remove this door ajar trivia since every (modern) car has that in the game when they have the lights on, so it's not specific to certain vehicles. The same door ajar trivia was on the Granger page, but you guys seem to let it slide when I removed that some time ago, so I thought it was okay to do that here too. Again, apologies
- Well, you can do that, but I was wondering what was going on with the messed up sentences after your edit was made. Just making sure. Matrexpingvin (talk) 20:28, September 4, 2019 (UTC)
I don't support child abuse because it's very wrong. I want to note children don't appear in GTA because it's obviously a rated M game. In Friends Reunited mission, a kindergarten named Michael is mentioned only but never appears in game. Turzy310 (talk) 04:12, September 7, 2019 (UTC)
- There are other games where children appear dying in, and the games are not rated higher than M. I personally don't find children and adults getting killed in games that different - death is death. Matrexpingvin (talk) 08:24, September 7, 2019 (UTC)
Deleting my adds
Why the fuck has you deleted my image adds on several pages??? The images was taken by myself and not broke any MEDIA POLICY!!. If some of the pictures was wrongly sectioned you could just change that instead.
- If you can't be bothered to read the messages on your talk page, I certainly won't waste my time responding here. Matrexpingvin (talk) 08:24, September 7, 2019 (UTC)
Imponent Rage Costume
- Hmm, I had plans to get a high-quality image through the Rockstar Editor, but I have to admit I've forgotten to do so. The second one seems fine to put on the page in the meantime until I get it, but has it been cropped? Anyway, I'll rename and license it (as it doesn't follow the Media Policy), and then you can add it to a gallery at the bottom. Matrexpingvin (talk) 07:32, September 19, 2019 (UTC)
- Info on beta vehicles in those games can be found on these three pages. Matrexpingvin (talk) 16:06, September 20, 2019 (UTC)
I'll avoid edit warring on the impound garage page regarding "vehicles with low suspension" but I encourage you to ask any fellow staff member who speaks proper English on here so that they can tell you your edits are a grammar error on your part. Nonstopmaximum (talk) 12:28, September 22, 2019 (UTC)