January 2018-March 2018 Archives
Non-Headed: Patrick X90
Leave me to edit
I did't edit nothing nonsense. What are you talking about? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Patrick X90 (talk • contribs) 2018-01-04 09:58:47 (UTC) Please remember to sign your talk page messages with ~~~~.
- Can you leave to edit something? Why you change anything i edit? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Patrick X90 (talk • contribs) 2018-01-04T14:05:11 (UTC) Please remember to sign your talk page messages with ~~~~.
Hey man, why you editing everything what I am changing? You know what I'm talking 'bout. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Ensaay (talk • contribs) 2018-01-04 14:01:53 (UTC) Please remember to sign your talk page messages with ~~~~.
- I only added something to Carl Johnson and you automatically deleted it. Then I edited something (one letter) here and you automatically changed it. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Ensaay (talk • contribs) 2018-01-04T14:24:14 (UTC) Please remember to sign your talk page messages with ~~~~.
Vehicle Web Pages
our first proper page is up and live. Made changes to the colors and am trying to sort the spacing between each module, but can't seem to fix that, so it'll have to do. :) Monk Talk 21:58, January 7, 2018 (UTC)
How can I do it?
Hello. I saw this thing on a lot of profiles, and I like it. Example But I don't know how can I get it so... my question is: How can I get it? Ensaay (talk | contributions) 19:49, January 9, 2018 (UTC)
Wow! When I read your message, I nearly fell from my chair! XD
I'm definitely going to apply! Thanks so much!!
- Man, I'm so happy about this! Going to do what you said! ronalddmjunior (talk | contributions) 23:28, January 14, 2018 (UTC)
Technically you shouldn't have closed that without Bureaucratic approval, as closing requests earlier than 7 days is a bureaucratic decision. But I'll let you off. - Monk Talk 22:59, January 14, 2018 (UTC)
- Honestly, don't worry about it bud. It's happened now, forget about it, at least you know now :) Not gonna demote you for it :p Monk Talk 21:39, January 15, 2018 (UTC)
RE: Test for your new tools
I can't use any Patroller tools yet, and I don't know why :(
- If you look on the side of my name in my profile, it doesn't say that I'm a Patroller like the profile of GTAFan86, for example. ronalddmjunior (talk | contributions) 02:54, January 15, 2018 (UTC)
Diablos graffiti image
The image is named "Diablos Logo Graffiti.png" and I tough it was uncorrectly named (has spaces and doesn't tells what game is). Am I wrong? Or I used the wrong "Warning" template? Ronald (talk) 23:32, January 15, 2018 (UTC)
Regarding the "Bernard" aliasHave a look at this screenshot I captured earlier. The conversation between ULP and Rackman already ends at the third line, otherwise she wouldn't be referring to ULP as "him". Noirlime4L (talk) 20:00, January 16, 2018 (UTC)
What are your thoughts on a "Vehicles in [GTA Online DLC]"? I'm a bit dubious on it, however, it would kinda hold all the update vehicles together, considering updates are getting bigger, we're getting an average of 20+ vehicles in each update now. We have "Missions in [GTA Online DLC]" (well, some, yet to do the others), but not sure about what to do about vehicles.
Also, thought you might be interested in this. It's a work in progress but I'd like to include every HD universe website in there. Thought you might like to work on that, although some of the website pages need to be renamed according to this proposal from a while ago. There's a few I'm not sure how to handle (Bawsaq.com) but it needs to be done as I really don't like the .com titles :p it makes them harder to reach by name as well. Monk Talk 21:26, January 18, 2018 (UTC)
Me again. Have you any idea how to get templates (or anything else) to use images as backgrounds? for example, I want to make this use this image. As you can see from the history, I've tried using the background-image: (url) business but it doesn't seem to be having it. Also tried playing around with span and div classes in the css but can't get it to work either. I'd really like the template to use the bennys background as the row background image rather than a solid colour, so I can use it for the Benny's website list. This is way out of my field of knowledge, I've tried but can't get anything out of it. Could you take a look? Monk Talk 22:15, January 18, 2018 (UTC)
"Provide a credible source"
Look at my name maybe? Now from this point on, if I post or edit something make sure no one un does my edit, I am not a random shit posting idiot, if you do that I might just clear up the mess that the "beta releases" is.
Bellow this is everything you need to know about it, but make sure you will delete this section of the message after you read it and please, look up my name.
I have replied to your message on my page, and like I said don't think I am annoyed at you, you were just the best person to contact with the issue.
And while I didn't want the message to sound egotistical, you should understand that I am upset that three different people undo my edits before I even finish even though I am very passionate about this subject and work to eliminate any rumours regarding it. Rentedhitmanben (talk) 03:11, January 19, 2018 (UTC)
I think it is unfair to claim I am edit warring. Someone is incorrectly posting information and I am correcting it and have linked proper citations to back my claims in many of the edits. That's all.—Preceding unsigned comment added by Exalted Jordan (talk • contribs) 2018-01-19 09:05:00 Please remember to sign your talk page messages with ~~~~.
(same as on my page, you can later edit this or all of the post I would leave on yours or just let me know) Well, like I said it was not my intention, but you're right I should have read it twice before sending it, but do understand that I was trying to get a point accross while being extremely frustrated by the way your patrollers have been treating me, especially with an edit that they had no evidence for. Next time just ask (not you, you have, them), or just as Camillio has done later, just watch and wait, unlike the other fellow, whom just tried to be the hero of the day and reverted it, yet again. I don't expect immunity, but I think atleast I deserve trust, and unlike what I might have sounded like (for which again,sorry) I do not expect everyone to know me, especially here which as you know I am not active on wikia and that is why I have asked you to just give a heads up to the staff. Rentedhitmanben (talk) 00:02, January 20, 2018 (UTC)
Can I do it?
Just to let you know.
My edits are an act of vandalism? You’re an idiot. Go back to shagging your sheep. I’ve been playing all gta games longer than where your Mum had her first period
You is back n stuff?!? :D
Glad to see you again, duder ...personally been gone for ~3 years, and seems like most of the old guard have moved on ...but seeing you back-in-action was a welcome sight. P.S. Perfectly ok if you don't remember me; wasn't all that active back then, anyways.
To the point, I've pretty much picked up where I left off, mostly just testing some things in GTA V Story Mode, including Lester's Assassinations. The first one (The Hotel Assassination) I played around with quite a bit, and got results comparable to 3 years ago; guaranteed 50% return on the initial investment through Bawsaq, and a 75-125% return on the second investment on the LCN (Bilkinton). Thing is, you uploaded this picture back in 2014, and I'm at a loss.
If this is still possible, how?!? - best I could manage is a 126.43% return (bought @ 16.43/ea, sold @ 37.18/ea) ...if it's no longer possible, can I update it? - want me to upload a different picture so you can keep it or update file history? Dsurian (talk) 06:16, January 29, 2018 (UTC)
- So, to summarize; that picture was most likely taken pre-1.14, and likely shouldn't be removed, at the very least not until someone tests the PS3/X360 content, right? ...so, would it be alright with you if I add an additional picture stipulating this? - cuz, as of now, it kinda makes one think that those results are still within the realm of possibility ...which I seriously doubt, at least for the EnhEdi, which I assume likely represents the major of this wikia's traffic. Dsurian (talk) 15:37, February 1, 2018 (UTC)
I've gone ahead and recreated this. At the time of its deletion, there wasn't nearly as many GTA Online only vehicles as there are now, so I feel it's more relevant to split DLC Vehicles in GTA V and DLC Vehicles in GTA Online up - considering this is fixed content that can't be accessed in story mode. I'm not sure how to approach Exclusive Enhanced Version Vehicles in GTA V - I feel it's taking it a bit too far splitting that into V and Online, perhaps? Either way, recreating DLC Vehicles in GTA Online seemed very suitable considering I'm going to start creating categories to link DLC content together "Vehicles in GTA Online: Executives and Other Criminals", for example. Also going to start listing continuations as the Event they were added in, in the lead description; rather than "Added as part of continuation of the Update", it'll go along the lines of "Added as part of the x Event, continuation of the y Update". And to go with this, perhaps a category which separates DLC from Events; Event Vehicles in GTA Online sounds about right. Monk Talk 20:54, January 30, 2018 (UTC)
- I think all drip fed content should be order of release, while the initial batch of vehicles released immediately should be a-z. Didn't actually notice they were out of order but now you mention it, it bugs me :p
- Came up with a better lead. 'Added as part of the x update and released as part of the y event" seems to fit best. Monk Talk 23:37, January 30, 2018 (UTC)
Re: UK Spelling
Hi there :)
Regarding my recent edit, I think you're mistaken. If you go on the edit history, I wasn't changing the spelling from US to UK, I was fixing a typo. It previously said "Custommise" and I changed it to "Customise". I was just getting rid of the double M :) Sammyrock0087 (talk) 07:09, February 6, 2018 (UTC)
- No worries man, it was an easy mistake! I always try to be polite on wikia's whatever the situation. I understand that I don't edit much so my edits are probably under more scrutiny than a more valued member of the wiki, so it's understandable that you jumped the gun a bit :) Sammyrock0087 (talk) 13:41, February 6, 2018 (UTC)
wrong undo revision
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nai6dhFG3Fw this is proof of the helicopter tricks, why you mistaken Undo revision my " Confirm on PC" this http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Special_Vehicles_in_GTA_IV?diff=1050532 Trongducvtc (talk) 12:56, February 6, 2018 (UTC)
The O'Neil brothers. I didn't do it because they were hillibillies, I did it for the names and the amount of people there, whether they were hillibillies or not. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Kitehang (talk • contribs) 2018-02-07 04:25:20 Please remember to sign your talk page messages with ~~~~.
Repeat vandal report
Paul Bennet2 is vandalizing some pages again, can you do something about it?
Jobs in GTA Online
Check out the page. I think it's mostly sorted now. I'm going to go ahead and split the Freemodes article up. I strongly believe that Freemodes article will suitably contain some information about the freemode missions available. The Jobs in GTA Online article references Freemode at the bottom as a "See Also" but I'll also create a "Other types of Jobs" section which will also reference these freemode missions, as well as activities - talking of these, activities - ie, darts, arm wrestling...what else? Basically, the player can actually use the "Quick Job" to find/join/start an activity as well as a job. I'm not sure exactly what all the activities are. I'm guessing Tennis and Golf will also belong in there. I believe we have an article hosting these somewhere but unsure. If not, perhaps we need an Activities in GTA Online article? We should have an Activities in GTA V too. Unless there's already a counterpart. Not sure without an in-depth search.
On the Jobs in GTA Online article, I've added Heists and the Mobile Ops/SVW missions, but clearly stated these cannot be started from the pause menu, only from quick job or through job invites. Monk Talk 21:37, February 7, 2018 (UTC)
DLC Vehicles in GTA V
Neat, I found a way to get the bot to filter out the GTA Online only vehicles. Was a pretty cool trick. Now that I've categorised all the vehicles into their respective DLC Vehicle categories (Vehicles in GTA Online: Import/Export, for example), I basically told it to find every page in the Vehicles in GTA Online category, and filter out only those that fall into the Online DLC categories) so it would remove DLC Vehicles in GTA V from all Online-only vehicles. So yeah, the bot's working on that now.
- Yeah, it's one of those cars that the manufacturer of the vehicle in-game kinda refers to what car it's intended to be based on, yet the face of the car is the key part that sticks out to everyone. I guess you kinda have to imaging how R* devs (and players) would be driving the vehicle - you only really see the back of your vehicle when you're driving around, so the back should always take some kind of priority. The FMJ is to-date one of the best examples of this. The front is heavy Aston Martin but everything from the hood all the way to the rear is completely Ford GT, and so the manufacturer takes that. Monk Talk 21:49, February 12, 2018 (UTC)
- The Savestra, meh, I've given up all hope on it. It's just everything Japanese. I see all sorts in it, there's even hints of European cars of the same era, too. It's a bit of a mishmash, similar to the Warrener. I think R* take advantage of these classic compact cars and throw a load at em. Monk Talk 22:52, February 12, 2018 (UTC)
- I get some Lancia Delta vibes from that headlight and grille arrangement. The lights aren't perfect but there's something about that grille that spells Lancia to me. It's possible you might be associating that typical inset twin headlight arrangement and grille with general 70s compact family and sports cars, although I agree I recognise it from something. From memory, there's quite a few that use generic styling, Ford's Falcon and Escort spring to mind, a few Mitsubishis and definitely Mazda and Nissan. 23:09, February 12, 2018 (UTC)
Weird Wiki Bugs
Don't suppose you have any idea what's causing this? It's happening a lot recently, and I have strong suspicions it's just just to do with the shitty VisualEditor. It's becoming really problematic. Templates seem to be forcing themselves to join following text or inline code (div/span tags for example), or become further apart from other templates (for example, stacking under construction and stub templates). I have no idea what's causing it, whether it's just another Fandom bug. If it is, I'm extremely angry, given that it'll probably never be fixed. I can't even be bothered addressing it myself given they still haven't fixed the infobox caption bug that I reported in October last year. I'm getting quite tired of Fandom failing to work on fixing bugs that they say they will work on:
- The infobox caption bug hasn't been fixed after about 6 months of it being reported.
- The patroller rights to rename files has been addressed thrice now since you joined the staff team and still hasn't been sorted.
- And now this, any bets on when it'll ever be fixed? Me neither.
- What's more, another bug I've just spotted involving links in infoboxes:
I used the second option. This visual editor stuff is completely useless and just clutters it all... Jeansowaty 12:36, February 20, 2018 (UTC)Jeansowaty
- I did, but everyone that came are either IAA or LSPD in FIB Grangers and FIB Buffalos. I never saw things like Ballers coming. However I did not took screenshots of them. —Preceding unsigned comment added by SUPER4geditTANK (talk • contribs) 2018-02-21T07:54:05 Please remember to sign your talk page messages with ~~~~.
Hao Street Races
Hey Smurf, 'Stranger & Freaks: Shift Work' doesn't need to be replayed to have the Ruiner spawn there. It will be there even for the first time the mission being played. Meraj11703121 (talk) 20:32, February 23, 2018 (UTC)
Yeah, definitely a red one during the race. I recall it being red, and it makes sense, looking at the script, it demands the car spawns with the "10th" color combination, but since the first one is counted as "0", everything is offset, meaning it's the 11th, which is the red color set. It's the same with all these NPC-modified cars, every colour, modification, wheel, etc, is offset by 1, making everything harder :p Monk Talk 21:49, February 23, 2018 (UTC)
Just thought I'd let you know a little social experiment I'm carrying out here. I know it's not the wisest of ideas, the results might not be that accurate, although it is a very high-demand subject so it might just be. Just want to know how many people are reaching that article and how they are doing so. Monk Talk 20:40, February 27, 2018 (UTC)
KiwiSmurf, I know I corrected the Kendl page because Carl CJ is like a typo or something.
OK, Thanks for the heads up.
Is it just me or does it feel a little thin on the ground? Me, you and Ronalddmjunior seem to be the only staff members making edits regularly, Sam and Ninja are safe and maybe Tom but everyone else seems to be....dead.... Strange. Monk Talk 20:19, March 4, 2018 (UTC)
Playboy X and the O'neil brothers
- I thought that killing Playboy was canon because that choice gets you another safehouse
- I was putting the names on the O'neils not because of them being rednecks, but because of how many people were there.
Thought you might like to know about this! Also take a look at the article itself, I've added a few new pics of mission types as "job image"-like pictures, as well as some variations of NPC cars and recreations of the actual Cargo cars :) Monk Talk 21:44, March 9, 2018 (UTC)
- Yeah, as you can tell from the scripting section of my sandbox, things are getting really intense here haha. Working out things by patterns and matching things to pictures and videos to work out what each of the paramters in the vehicle cargo script mean, since it doesn't look anything like what all the other scripting stuff looks like (see Moving Target for an idea of that). Working out things slowly, almost there but keep forgetting about really specific stuff (now working out which param controls underglow colors, plate style, etc,) that cars can have.
- It'd be great if we could get the galleries all filled up with a fully detailed walkthrough like some V mission articles (Legal Trouble for example). I've noticed that, for example, each of the car meets has the exact same cars, which are unique to each set (Power station always has redish virgo, gold buccaneer, unlike others). It's things like this that make the articles super awesome and interesting to read - if something exists in game, it should always be mentioned, afterall. Monk Talk 22:09, March 9, 2018 (UTC)
Why did you reverse my edit? I own GTA1 and have tested using iamgarypenn cheat (Enable more M rated language, text only) and this mission is one of the ones that get changed with the cheat. Is swearing not allowed? If so, could I censor the words slightly while still using the actual word (like writing f*ck or f**k). Not intending any hate or harassment, just curious. I'm new, though the wiki says that it "Is not censored. Profanity in articles should be done only in an encyclopedic manor", and I am referencing profanity as a side effect of the cheat. —Preceding unsigned comment added by PixelGun4Life! (talk • contribs) 2018-03-14 20:16:00 Please remember to sign your talk page messages with ~~~~.
You've threatened me with a block claiming i'm "edit-warring" when it is the first time I've ever edited that page? Also my edits are not "false" they are in fact correct. Maybe actually look before you go straight to threats? What a useless admin you are. PurpleFlyingV (talk) 22:17, March 17, 2018 (UTC)
I understand now why you were very quick to undo my edit both times; indeed, the 6000 and every other GM A-platform car was a gibberish of slight restyles (as well as an absurd amount of sad, sad 4 cylinder and V6 drivetrains).
The car/photo you probably found with the 6000 was the 82'-84' model (https://static.cargurus.com/images/site/2007/12/08/18/29/1984_pontiac_6000-pic-59382-1600x1200.jpeg), which is mostly the same between the base 6000 model and the "luxury" 6000LE model, neither of which look anything like the Deluxo.
After that, the trim levels and front redesigns get messier, though I think I can find which is closest to the Deluxo's front. Starting in mid-1983, a "sport" model was offered, the 6000 STE, that looked like this: https://topworldauto.com/photos/4d/7d/1983-pontiac-6000ste-sedan-part-of-the-19831987-pontiac-6000ste-line_3fbcf.jpg. Still not quite the Deluxo. This style lasted through, as far as I can tell, the 1987 model year.
And then, in mid 1984, Pontiac decided to carry the 6000 STE style (mostly) to the base 6000 (https://static.cargurus.com/images/site/2013/03/11/14/59/1984_pontiac_6000-pic-7771193117662748052-1600x1200.jpeg) and the 6000LE (http://zonderpump.com/images/pontiac-60005.jpg), and left them like that through 1987.
And then, for the 1988 model year, now that composite (replaceable bulb) headlights were legal, the three trims got restyled, the base 6000 (http://www.carsandracingstuff.com/library/6/6000_11.jpg), by now not-so-luxurious 6000LE (https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6b/5e/87/6b5e87fe2284b96955e79dc290665f47.jpg), and sporty 6000 STE (https://i.ytimg.com/vi/bpnY_tiRFos/maxresdefault.jpg).
And if that wasn't enough, in 1988, they introduced a new "fake-sporty" (all of the show, but without the powerful engine) 6000 S/E (https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d9/fa/48/d9fa48170ae64594437ea76d1b46f798.jpg) If any single one of these looks like the Deluxo, it's this, the 1988-1991 Pontiac 6000 S/E.
They eventually discontinued the base 6000 and the 6000 STE for the 1990 model year, and resdesigned the 6000LE as a base model (https://static.cargurus.com/images/site/2009/02/03/19/03/1991_pontiac_6000-pic-43516-640x480.jpeg) but the S/E remained until the last year for the 6000, 1991.
So, if you want to admit the similarity to the 6000, it'd specifically be the 6000 S/E. I frankly don't see the Isuzu in there - I mean, yeah, the body of the car isn't a boxy sedan like the 6000, but the body is taken from a Delorean anyway. If we're talking the grille and front in particular, it's from the 6000, hands down; the only thing it has like the Isuzu is the wedge shape and the fact the headlights are rectangular, which is true of almost any 80s car.
And yes, the front of the 6000 is wedge shaped, if you couldn't tell: http://momentcar.com/images/pontiac-6000-1988-1.jpg
GTA Online Continuity
I'm confused on what year GTA Online is supposed to take place. I assumed Agent 14 broke the forth fall when he said it's 2017. The reason why I think this the case because the only time this was brought up and he only said it to GTA Online protagonist. When it's stated that GTA O moved along in real time, then why does the game-world behaves like it's 2013. While I feel it shouldn't be the case as this creates a plot hole. So what are your thoughts? User:OnionsNeggs (talk) 5:45 PM 3/21/2018
I have put the informarion into the page
I have added information about the Cheburek into the Russia page and also the car was know in some western markets as the Lada Riva. --Owen 21:53, March 21, 2018 (UTC)
I think the reason why Rockstar did this is because it opens for more creative freedom without the burden of having to be set in a fixed point in time. I just hope that GTA Online 2 (GTA 6 Multiplayer) is set after the single-player, not vice-versa. Because if Rockstar feels more comfortable setting the game in real time, then it's for the best. Now that I think about it, I think Gunrunning - The Doomsday Heist is like those expansion packs that continue the story. While personally I feel that the content in these DLC should be in a separate game altogether, I digress.
Also on a side note. I just noticed that the doomsday heist, the IAA are foiling a plot for nuclear destruction. Yet, the IAA themselves planned to unleash a virus to get funding from the government. Is it just me, or does this seem a bit hypocritical. To be fair, GTA 5 does have other hypocrites. (e.g. Joseph) 3/21/2018 11:29 PM User:OnionsNeggs (talk)
Like it so far. I'm not sure if other cars with liveries have so many references, though, so I think this will just be an exception for Hotring Sabre. Although the Cunning Stunts liveries are all references, albeit there's only two available for each car. Many of the liveries for cars like Nero Custom and FMJ seem to be entirely made up, although there are a couple of real life influences. Monk Talk 12:07, March 24, 2018 (UTC)
Can You find LSPD Stainer based cruisers on patrol in Downtown Los Santos? I think I remember coming across them one time when I was playing on last gen. In fact, I think the LSPD article once mentioned that the police officers can be found using them on patrol in Downtown. What are your thoughts on this? (User:MegasXLOHYEAH) (talk) 3/30/2018 1:28 PM
Hey, I'm just curious as to why you deleted the "Also Unavailable" section of Director Mode. I thought it was a pretty informational section letting someone know what pedestrians aren't avalible. Myelle (talk) 22:07, March 30, 2018 (UTC)
Hey, as you can tell I'm new here regarding images. Anyway could you re-upload my last image the correct way and I can make those edits to Officer Jernigan. I thought it looked pretty professional to have both her models there? Myelle (talk) 04:07, March 31, 2018 (UTC)