- 1 Welcome
- 2 Images Licensing/Naming
- 3 Vandalism
- 4 Vandalism
- 5 Signature
- 6 RE:Screenshot GTA IV
- 7 RE: Niko Luis
- 8 RE: Image
- 9 Licensing
- 10 RE: Rename
- 11 RE: Image
- 12 Warning
- 13 RE:
- 14 Regarding minor changes to your Talk page introduction area
- 15 RE
- 16 Images
- 17 RE: Chat
- 18 RE: Happy birthday
- 19 Re: WikiGTA Watermarked Images
- 20 Regarding changes to your clock
- 21 Re: My Winter Clock
- 22 RE: Images
- 23 Re: Chat
- 24 RE: RfP
Request for Promotion
- 26 Re: Congratulation
- 27 Regarding your inactivity
- 28 How to create links with ordinary text
- 29 Re: Image Deleting
- 30 Re: Chat
- 31 Re: Re-naming a image
- 32 Regarding your question in Chat
- 33 Regarding an image
- 34 RE:Vote
- 35 Renaming Images
- 36 Re: Chat
- 37 Signature
- 38 Re: Suspicious
- 39 Assistant Needed
Hello, GTAFan86, and welcome to the GTA Wiki, the wiki about the Grand Theft Auto series that anyone can edit! Thank you for your contributions! We hope you will stick around the wiki and do even more!
Are you new to editing? Please visit Help:Editing and the Manual of Style to learn on how to edit on this wiki and other wikis you will come across, and the Help pages to know everything about Wikia.
Here are some links that you may find helpful:
If you need help or if you have any problems, ask me on my talk page, or you may contact our Staff. The Patrollers are highlighted in orange, the Administrators are highlighted in blue and the Bureaucrats are highlighted in green.
We hope you enjoy editing here, and look forward to seeing you around!
|We kindly ask all of our contributors to please properly name and/or license all images that you upload to the wiki. Image licensing and naming is part of our official Media Policy, and as such, it is asked of all users to respect the policy and add a proper name & license when uploading as described here.
The name can be modified in the bar right above the "add license" option when you are uploading it, and must match with the Media Policy (a table of correct names can be seen here).
What you should do now
Ignoring this message can lead to the file(s) you uploaded being deleted and possibly to a block if you continue to ignore the policy on subsequent uploads. For more information on licensing and copyright, see here.
|Although everyone is welcome to make constructive contributions here, at least one of your recent edits, such as the one you made to Template:ImageLicense, appears to be an act of vandalism, and has been reverted. If you continue to vandalize any pages, you will receive a block for an appropriate amount of time. Please refrain from doing so in the future. Thank you.|
- 1) please create headings for talk page messages.
- 2) Sign off messages.
- 3) you removed all the content from that specified template. That is vandalism. Please avoid this.
- You can also check out GTA Wiki:Vandalism for more information. LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 20:26, April 19, 2016 (UTC)
Go to your Preferences, under the signature heading, and choose "I want to use wikitext in my signature". Then you just create a new signature in "Custom Signature" (you can create a template or just type the code inside the box). When you're done, just click save at the bottom and you can see the result. Hope I helped. TGS96 talk stalk 14:51, April 22, 2016 (UTC)
- If you want something like mine, type/copy-paste this in the text box:
<font size="4" face="Tahoma"><b>[[User:GTAFan86|GTAFan86]]</b></font> <font face="Tahoma"><sup>[[User talk:GTAFan86|Talk]]</sup></font>
- Hi Monk Glad to see you :) thanks but i want also change my signature color GTAFanBoy86 (talk) 15:06, April 22, 2016 (UTC)
- Use this:
<font size="4" face="Tahoma" color="COLORNAME/COLORCODE"><b>[[User:GTAFan86|GTAFan86]]</b></font> <font face="Tahoma"><sup>[[User talk:GTAFan86|Talk]]</sup></font>
- I think i can't do this :( but thank you GTAFanBoy86 15:34, April 22, 2016 (UTC)
- Hey don't worry :)
- Go to your avatar at the top of the menu. Hover over it.
- Select "Preferences"
- Go to the "Signature" heading. It's the second section in the "My info" section (default).
- There should be "Existing signature:" and "Custom signature:". In the "Custom signature" bar, copy and paste the code I gave you up there. (Reminder :P)
- Under this bar is a tick-box, reading "I want to use wikitext in my signature". Please tick this box if it isn't ticked already.
- Finally, go to the very bottom of the page, and click the "Save" button.
RE:Screenshot GTA IV
Hey GTAFan86, sorry to say that I neither own a copy of GTA IV nor PS3 so I cannot help you, but there are various videos on Youtube related these things or you can contact other staffers too.--10:52, April 25, 2016 (UTC)
RE: Niko Luis
Mate, you don't need to request a deletion for an image just because you licensed it wrong. All you do it go to the file, click edit, go into "Source", and paste the license template, eg:
}} mark templates; they are code for templates.
|You have been warned for violating the policy. If you repeat your actions, you will be issued with a block.|
• Given reason: Violating the Media Policy
The image you uploaded should be named as "GTAFan86-Signature" not "MySignature". -- 07:23, May 8, 2016 (UTC)
I have contacted Cam, he will rename it soon :D.-- 07:30, May 8, 2016 (UTC)
Regarding minor changes to your Talk page introduction area
Good day Mustafa. I hope that you do not mind, but I made a few minor changes to the introduction area (where the image of Niko, Johnny and Luis and your clock appear). If you do not like the changes, feel free to revert them.
Monk blocked him. Thanks for reporting :D --10:42, May 10, 2016 (UTC)
Hello. I had to delete a number of Chinatown Wars Liberty City map images that you have uploaded. These images had the "WikiGTA" watermark on them so we cannot use any images like this as it violates the "no copying other wikis" rule. Please do not re-upload these images unless you find a non-watermarked version.
Files in question:
RE: Happy birthday
Re: WikiGTA Watermarked Images
Okay. I was just concerned about the watermarks because usually, that means that a website or a person claims ownership that image. Although the media policy doesn't state anything about images with watermarks, we need permission to use their images and to source their website. I guess because the watermarks was placed across the image, it was best to remove them.
Regarding changes to your clock
Good day Mustafa, I have fixed some coding bugs that you inadvertently introduced to your clock template when you were trying to alter it. Also, are you sure that you want your clock background to be white instead of red? If so, I will change the colour of the text in the coloured area so that it can be seen.
- What exactly is wrong with your clock? It looks fine to me.
- UPDATE: I have change the text color of your clock to black.
Re: My Winter Clock
Your Turkey Winter Time clock is correctly configured, and there is nothing more that you need to do. You seem to be getting used to the coding now; good job.
They're licenced and named correctly, but I think the views you have are the "front quarter" views, not the front.
If you want to re-upload them I can delete the originals once you've done. Sam Talk 10:44, May 17, 2016 (UTC)
Apologies, I am about to leave shortly, and in fact I am already late as I send this message. I will talk to you next time. I will send you a picture of myself then as well.
- Thank you. Have a good day.
- TAlim 1994 - Konan T-A Lim (talk | contributions) 09:18, May 18, 2016 (UTC)
Request for Promotion My Request for Promotion has been restarted as an Administrator election on the Community Noticeboard, as "That Ferrari Guy" wishes to compete with me for the position of Administrator. Please vote and/or comment again if you have already done so. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Thank you for the congratulations. I will be changing my Staff template to "Administrator" shortly.
Regarding your inactivity
Good day Mustafa, I have not seen you editing here for some time. May I ask why you have not been active this month (June)?
- I see. It is good to see you back. May I ask where you went for your vacation?
- TAlim 1994 - Konan T-A Lim 林道安 (talk | contributions) 00:34, July 5, 2016 (UTC)
Good day Mustafa. With regards to your Chat question about how to create links with plain text, enter two open square brackets ([[), the link name, a pipe symbol (|), the text to be displayed, then two close square brackets (]]).
[[User:GTAFan86|your User page]]
creates a link to your User page with the text "your User page".
For external links, enter one open square bracket ([), the link URL, a space, the text to be displayed, then one close square bracket (]).
creates a link to YouTube's main page with the text "YouTube".
Re: Image Deleting
Apologies, I was away when you asked me to join the Chat.
- Apologies again, I went offline shortly after I read your second message asking me to join the Chat, as it was around 1:00 AM here in Sydney at the time and I was very tired, to the point of not wishing to join the Chat or even reply to your message. I will talk to you next time. Once again, my apologies.
- TAlim 1994 - Konan T-A Lim 林道安 (talk | contributions) 03:49, July 25, 2016 (UTC)
Re: Re-naming a image
The image has been renamed to "Debra-GTAV-HangTen.jpg", as it is a more clear description. Thank you for notifying me. However, if you wish for a faster image name correction, use the Rename page, as it is often checked by Administrators and Bureaucrats.
- The job is done. Thank you for notifying me.
- TAlim 1994 - Konan T-A Lim 林道安 (talk | contributions) 17:20, July 30, 2016 (UTC)
Regarding your question in Chat
Good day Mustafa. Regarding your earlier Chat question to Monk, which was never answered, "besides", in the context (manner) used in the Chat, basically means "other than (this)". For example: "I do not like vulgar jokes. Besides, I do not like bad language".
- You are most welcome.
- TAlim 1994 - Konan T-A Lim 林道安 (talk | contributions) 17:34, August 2, 2016 (UTC)
Regarding an image
Good day Mustafa, I am not sure whether you can assist me with this, but can you tell me whether this image is from Lifeinvader or Bleeter? I fear that I may have made a mistake in the naming of this image, as I am not certain of the layout of either website.
- It's from Lifeinvader - layout and colors match. 10:10, August 3, 2016 (UTC)
- I thought so. I actually assumed that it was from Bleeter initially, but decided to preempt (predict or guess) what I expected the answer to be by renaming the image and related page information beforehand. Thank you to both you and Rain for the assistance.
- TAlim 1994 - Konan T-A Lim 林道安 (talk | contributions) 10:56, August 3, 2016 (UTC)
Thanks for the vote and congratulations in advance for becoming a patroller :D --11:20, August 4, 2016 (UTC)
- Unfortunately you need to be an admin to be able to rename images without leaving redirects. I know, this is pretty annoying to have to contact sysops to cleanup the redirects left during the moving processes. 22:09, August 4, 2016 (UTC)
- Not leaving a redirect is actually classified as deleting a page - you are renaming, yes, but you are also deleting the original file, moving a file without a redirect isn't actually moving the file, it's just creating a new page with the same file, and deleting the old one. That said, I don't think I will bother contacting Wikia, as I personally have no problem with spare redirects; if we use the Rename page as it is, we could add all the file renames to there, and Sysops can delete the redirects.
- Your point is noted Monk. If you are fine with the renaming system for Patrollers as it is, then leave it as it is. However, as discussed in Chat, are you intending to allow Patrollers to edit protected pages (or have you already done so)?
- TAlim 1994 - Konan T-A Lim 林道安 (talk | contributions) 11:01, August 5, 2016 (UTC)
- Good to hear. That will certainly improve the ability of Patrollers to manage the wiki.
- TAlim 1994 - Konan T-A Lim 林道安 (talk | contributions) 11:31, August 5, 2016 (UTC)
Not at the moment. Apologies.
- I will do so. Thank you for your understanding.
- TAlim 1994 - Konan T-A Lim 林道安 (talk | contributions) 11:19, August 5, 2016 (UTC)
<font size="4" face="Tahoma"><b>[[User:GTAFan86|GTAFan86]]</b></font> <font face="Tahoma"><sup>[[User talk:GTAFan868|GTA86Fan]]</sup></font>
Post this in your Signature Preferences. Hover over your avatar at the top right, select "My preferences" and navigate to "Signature". Be sure to tick "I want to use wikitext in my signature" underneath the box (where you post said code).
Hey GTAFan86, I saw you created this template so if you can spare the time, could you please add this template in all mission pages in GTA SA? I will be editing the pages as well, but from those pages that don't have the Radar Icons, so please edit yours from those that have Radar Icons already. I will also upload the remaining Radar Icons soon.-- 11:39, August 14, 2016 (UTC)
- UPDATE: I have added all the Radar Icons in that template. I'll start my work from tomorrow afternoon.-- 11:53, August 14, 2016 (UTC)