The University of San Andreas, Los Santos (ULSA) is a university located between Richman Street and Picture Perfect Drive in Richman, Los Santos. ULSA is based on the real life University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) and appears in Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.
The university consists of a small campus set in northern Los Santos and an annex located on Marathon Avenue in Morningwood. There are two unnamed buildings at the campus' main entrance which are likely either classrooms or administrative offices. Stylistically, one of these buildings is based on UCLA's Powell Library, while the other is based on UCLA's Kaplan Hall. There is a Training Center, based on UCLA's Acosta Athletic Training Complex, next to another unnamed building that is architecturally similar to UCLA's basketball arena, the Pauley Pavilion, before its 2012 renovation. The campus also features a track-and-field complex, based on UCLA's Drake Stadium.
During the day time, a bell can be heard marking the start and end of class times and students as well as staff members can be seen walking around the campus. Security Guards can also be seen patrolling the campus or assigned designated areas to ensure the safety of the staff and students.
Prominent Appearances in Missions
Grand Theft Auto Online
- Organization Work
- Executive Search - Possible hideout area where a VIP or CEO must survive in for 10 minutes.
- Freemode Events
- Kill List or Kill List Competitive may start here. A Valkyrie will spawn on the sports course. 2 to 4 players can participate.
- The Diamond Casino Heist - Silent & Sneaky: Heist Prep: EMP Device - The EMP may spawn at one of several locations around the campus.
- Isiah Friedlander graduated from the university with a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing in 1984.
- Molly Schultz has a Msc in Corporate Raiding from ULSA.
- Monkey Mosaic - east of the track
- ULSA was first mentioned in the Grand Theft Auto IV series in a rant by talk-show host John Smith of the show "Conspire" on the WKTT Radio. Smith claims that Nazi scientists developing population control techniques ended up at the University of San Andreas, Los Santos after the Second World War. The program is heard in the DLCs (The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony).
- In Sue Murry's San Andreas Election Campaign video, the university's training center was used as a school called Los Santos Elementary.
- According to Lester Crest's dialoge during Heist Prep: EMP Device, he had in the past applied for a computer science professorship with ULSA, but was denied. As revenge, he hacked into their staff server and left a backdoor "so wide a drunken freshman could stumble through it".
- The Latin motto pictured on the university seal "quisque comoedus est resumo ad nauseam" roughly translates to "Every comedian is renewed forever".