Claude drops by Asuka Kasen's condo, and she introduces him to her brother Kenji. Asuka informs Claude that the FBI establishes a surveillance operation around the city. The player is required to track down and eliminate three groups of surveillance crews waiting at different spots within 6 minutes and 30 seconds, but may deal with them at any order. They include:
- Two men on a small island in the Belleville Park lake.
- Two men in a black Rumpo van in Bedford Point.
- Six men armed with M16s on the balconies of a skyscraper opposite Kenji's Casino in Torrington.
Firing or getting too close to the targets, will result in them firing back at Claude if he is in their sights. Once all targets are killed, the mission is passed.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Take out the three groups of spies.
- The Rumpo used by the FBI in this mission has a unique jet black color. It cannot be seen as a normal vehicle on the streets, and matches other vehicles used by the FBI in both GTA III and Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories. It can be obtained by killing two gunmen inside via firing at the vehicle and luring them out to kill, then the van can be kept on the player's own without failing the mission. A video of this can be seen here.
- If Claude drives or walks below the building in Torrington, the FBI agents will start shooting at Claude, but will not be able to hit him due to the steep angle. A video of this can be seen here.
- In the PS2 version of the game, Asuka talks about Mafia and the subtitles match with what she says. In the PC version Asuka talks about the FBI and the subtitles don't match. A video of this can be seen here. This was corrected in the Definitive Edition.
- After completing this mission, map icons for Pay 'n' Spray garages and Ammu-Nation shops no longer appear on the radar, so it is advised that players make a mental note of their locations for future use.