|For other uses, see Turismo (disambiguation).|
- "This is El Burro of the Diablos. You are new in Liberty, but already you are gaining a reputation on the streets. There is a street race starting by the Old School Hall near the Callahan Bridge. Get yourself some wheels and burst through all the checkpoints to win the prize."
- ―El Burro
Turismo is a mission in Grand Theft Auto III given to protagonist Claude by Diablos leader El Burro from a payphone in the Hepburn Heights area of Portland Island, Liberty City. The mission becomes available after completing Van Heist for Joey Leone.
This is one of the 3 repeatable missions the player will receive in the game, since even if the player has passed the final mission "The Exchange", if Claude goes back to Portland the phone will still ring and if he goes into the blue marker he will trigger the mission "Turismo".
Claude answers a payphone in Hepburn Heights. El Burro, the leader of the Diablos, introduces himself and says that Claude has already gotten a reputation in Liberty City. El Burro informs Claude of a street race about to take place in Chinatown, near the Callahan Bridge. El Burro wants Claude to prove his worth. Claude enters and wins the race after going through all eighteen checkpoints.
While the player can attempt this mission at any point during the game after the completion of Van Heist, it is easier to complete before Asuka's mission Sayonara Salvatore. This is because, the race goes through the Saint Mark's area twice, and in this area, members of the Leone Family armed with shotguns will shoot at Claude on sight. Only two or three shots from a shotgun are required to destroy a car, so the player will have to quickly find a replacement vehicle to continue the race, while still avoiding the Leone Family's gunfire.
If the player's car is destroyed at any point during the mission, the mission will not fail, instead, the player will need to find another car to continue the race with, as the mission will only end in failure if Claude dies, gets arrested or if he loses the race. Furthermore finding a car during the race that is fast enough to win will be tricky as fast cars are a rarity in Portland. However, just around the corner from the payphone, a Banshee is spawned in a showroom. Another way to obtain a fast car early on in the game is to do Vigilante missions, as faster cars like the Cheetah, Infernus, or Stinger can spawn.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Get a fast car and get to the starting grid
- Win the race
|PC Version||iPad Version|
- Before driving to the starting line, the three Cheetahs are completely invincible and don't show any damage at all. After starting the race they turn to normal.
- When approaching the starting grid, if the player crashes into one of the Cheetahs, the race countdown is skipped and replaced with the message "3, 2, 1, GO! GO! GO!". The race is immediately started. This can be used to the player's advantage: If the player gains speed while driving towards the starting line and scrapes against a racer's car, they can get a head start and easily win the race. A video of this can be seen here
- You can get the cheetah on this missions with several tricks, upon obtaining and placing on the garage it is known to be Fireproof, Bullet Proof and Explosion Proof. This is has Nearly all properties and can be Damage Proof to be AP ( All Proof).