Trevor Philips is a character in the Grand Theft Auto series, appearing as one of the three protagonists of Grand Theft Auto V, along with Michael De Santa and Franklin Clinton, and appears as a main character in Grand Theft Auto Online. He is voiced by Steven Ogg.
Trevor is a career criminal and former bank robber with a complicated past, who later founded his own company, Trevor Philips Enterprises, operating with drug dealing and weapon smuggling in Blaine County. He is friends with Ron Jakowski and Wade Hebert, who work for his company, as well as the oldest and best friend of Michael, whom he believed to be dead for almost a decade after he faked his death to retire from the criminal life. Trevor is known to have a generally reckless and very aggressive behavior, but he is also very loyal and deeply respects all those close to him. Trevor's story focuses on how his actions have consequences on both himself and his friends, and him coming to terms with Michael's past actions. Trevor later also befriends the third protagonist, Franklin, becoming somewhat of a mentor figure to him.
What is known about Trevor's background comes from his own words. Trevor was born and raised in Canada, near the border with the United States, or, as he calls it, the "Canadian border region of America". In a conversation with Franklin while hanging out, he claims he "grew up in five states, two countries, fourteen different homes, eight fathers, three care homes, two correctional facilities, one beautiful, damaged flower of a mother" and has "served time, my country, your country and myself." Even as a child, he had a history of rage issues and violent impulses that ruined his attempts to fit into society (notably, it is implied that he, in a fit of rage, sodomized his hockey coach with a hockey stick and he implies in a conversation with Cletus that at some point he strangled a clarinet player with his own instrument). Trevor also mentions how he killed various animals and "drifters" even during the early years of his life.
Trevor's childhood itself was an unhappy one. His father was physically abusive towards him, as stated in Hang Ten, while his mother was emotionally abusive, overbearing, treated him with condescension and saw him as a "useless boy" who cared little about his mother. When he was a child, Trevor's father abandoned him in a shopping mall, which Trevor later burned down in retaliation. Trevor also had a brother named Ryan, whom Trevor was not fond of. Ryan died in an "accident" prior to 2013.
Trevor dropped out of school, which is the possible reason why he has a lack of some basic knowledge, such as the location of ancient Rome, which he thought was a part of America. He also reveals that he has problems with grammar and "improvises" when it comes to punctuation. It is possible that he had some formal education, as he mentions during police chases that he took a night class in criminal law (however, this could be sarcasm). Trevor has good mathematical skills, being able to accurately calculate the price of four tons of gold in a matter of seconds. When playing golf, Trevor says that he was the Canadian under-18 Champion and "almost turned pro". Later in his life, Trevor discovered that he had a talent for flying jets. He enlisted in the air force to fly fighter jets, but several days prior to completing his training and becoming a licensed pilot, Trevor was deemed mentally unstable by the "witch" in charge of psychological evaluations, thus resulting in Trevor's discharge and grounding for life. It was implied his discharge was due to his psychological relationship with his mother.
Early criminal life
After being discharged from the military, Trevor became a drifter and committed petty crimes along the border with no particular goal in mind. He never committed any serious crimes until he met Michael Townley in 1993, escorting cargo across the border. He was waiting on the runway to meet his employer and saw not one, but two dust trails coming up the road, despite the fact that he was told there would be only one person meeting them. Michael exited the first car while a man who Michael previously carjacked exited the other, yelling at them. Trevor shot off a flare gun he was carrying into the second man's eye, killing him. He and Michael both dumped the body into a lake afterwards. The flare was still burning from the inside of his head as they dropped him off, causing the pair to throw up. After the incident, Trevor and Michael became friends and started a criminal partnership together.
Trevor's first job involved robbing a place that cashed checks, however, he was caught because the clerk turned out to be someone who knew him, resulting in him serving four months of a six-month sentence. After Trevor was released, he and Michael committed many robberies all over the midwest, though Michael's recognizable quoting of lines from Solomon Richards's movies, and Trevor's habit to snap and murder people in broad daylight often kept them on the run. Over time, Michael developed a relationship with and married a stripper named Amanda, eventually having two kids, Tracey and Jimmy. This created some friction between the criminal pair, due to Michael spending more and more time with his new family and less with his criminal activities. Despite this, Trevor began to see himself as an uncle to the couple's children, even vowing to avenge Tracy should anyone 'wrong her'. Over the following years, Michael became more cautious as a criminal, because he saw himself having more to lose should he be imprisoned or killed, which led Trevor to believe Michael was going "soft". Some time later, Trevor met Brad Snider, who would often join Trevor and Michael and commit robberies together, along with a contact named Lester Crest and a few other associates. Michael and Brad did not trust or like each other, but Trevor got along with Brad to a certain degree. Trevor told Brad about his beliefs of Michael going "soft", to which Brad suggested that they cut off Michael and work only with each other. Trevor declined, believing he should stay loyal to Michael.
Trevor and Michael remained partners in crime until they undertook an ill-fated heist in 2004 alongside Brad and an unnamed getaway driver in Ludendorff, North Yankton. Secretly, Michael made an agreement with FIB agent Dave Norton to exit his life of crime and start over with his family in Los Santos. The plan involved the group robbing a cash depot, followed by them making their way to a rendevous point, where Dave would shoot Trevor and pretend to shoot Michael, who would then pretend to be buried at the Ludendorff Cemetery, before actually moving to Los Santos with his family. The heist initially ran relatively smoothly until Trevor killed a security guard holding Michael at gunpoint, the arrival of the police which the group had to fight through, barely managing to get to their getaway car. As they drove to the rendevous point, where they were told a helicopter was waiting for them, their driver was killed by the police and Michael was forced to take the wheel. Their plan was scuppered after their vehicle was struck by an oncoming train at a railroad crossing and destroyed. Michael insisted that they stick to the plan, and they began walking in search of the helicopter. They were then ambushed by Dave Norton, who fired at the trio, missing Trevor and fatally wounding Brad instead, before shooting again and "injuring" Michael. Trevor refused to leave his friends behind and attempted to fight off the police until a weary Michael told him to save himself, and Trevor reluctantly made his escape.
As a result of the failed heist, both Trevor and Michael wrongly believed one another to be dead. Trevor was not able to get access to his savings because of his identity being blown, but regardless managed to evade the police for several years and made a new life for himself in the rural town of Sandy Shores, San Andreas. There, he developed an addiction to crystal meth and founded a small criminal business empire with new-found partners Ron Jakowski — a paranoiac conspiracy theorist —, Wade Hebert — an inexperienced wanderer —, and Chef — a meth cook. The business, named Trevor Philips Enterprises, specialized in arms smuggling and the cooking and sales of crystal methamphetamine. During Trevor's time in Sandy Shores, he affiliated himself with the Aztecas gang, the redneck hillbilly O'Neil brothers and high-ranked members of The Lost MC, including the club's leader, Johnny Klebitz. However, their relationship was particularly strained, due to Trevor's tendency to occasionally have sex with Johnny's girlfriend, Ashley Butler, much to Johnny's chagrin.
Events of Grand Theft Auto Online
A few months prior to the events of Grand Theft Auto V, Ron contacts the GTA Online Protagonist, who has been ruining Trevor's businesses and other drug dealers, specifically after stealing an RV full of meth belonging to Trevor for a member of The Families, named Gerald. The player meets Trevor at his trailer in Sandy Shores and they settle the issue by having the player do jobs for Trevor Philips Industries, which mainly consist of stealing drugs from rival groups, such as The Lost MC, while killing the dealers.
Additionally, Trevor would also occasionally call the GTA Online Protagonist to take down rival planes, but this was removed from the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC platforms in the Freemode Events Update in September 2015, and later for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 platforms in December 2021.
Eventually, Trevor recruits the GTA Online Protagonist and several associates to a heist he had been planning. He tasks the players with stealing various drugs that he planned to sell from several groups, such as the Vagos, The Lost MC, and the Ballas.
After the crew completes all the setup missions, Trevor is at a warehouse, ready to move the product, but is informed that the gangs they stole from are coming back for their stolen goods. After Trevor and the crew hold off the gangs, they rush to the El Gordo Lighthouse. Trevor then gives the crew their money in advance and they leave.
Trevor stays at the lighthouse and waits for the contact to arrive. When he arrives, it is revealed that the contact is an undercover cop and the whole deal is a sting operation from the DOA. Trevor escapes by jumping off of a cliff into the ocean and swimming to safety. Later on, he angrily smashes his head against a tree before crying uncontrollably.
Events of Grand Theft Auto V
While having sex with Ashley, Trevor's attention is caught by a news report about the robbery of a jewelry store in Los Santos after a witness claimed one of the robbers quoted a movie phrase that was a favorite of Michael Townley's. Stunned, he grabs a beer and walks out his trailer to process it only to be confronted by Johnny for having sex with Ashley again. While trying to avoid a confrontation between himself and Johnny by simply walking away, Trevor is pushed to his breaking-point as Johnny continues to express his anger at Trevor. Trevor, no longer able to ignore Johnny's rage, starts making jokes about his meth addiction and mockingly invites him to have sex, joking that this is the reason for the friction between the two men. Johnny lays his guard down and tells Trevor that he still loves Ashley, to which Trevor responds by hugging and "consoling" Johnny before he finally snaps. Trevor suddenly grabs Johnny by the neck and throwing him to the ground, followed by smashing his beer bottle against Johnny's face and stomping repeatably on his head, killing him, as Wade, Ron, and Ashley watch in horror, before he storms away.
Knowing that Johnny's gang will be outraged over their leader's callous murder, Trevor decides to wipe out The Lost M.C. and their meth business from Blaine County before they have a chance to exact revenge. He drives with Wade and Ron to a Lost hangout in Grapeseed where Terry Thorpe, Clay Simons, and other members of the Lost are. While driving, he has the option to run over Ashley as she cries over Johnny's body. After announcing and mocking Johnny's death, the members of The Lost retreat to their main gang hideout, to notify the rest of the gang. Trevor aggressively follows them there in his Canis Bodhi with Ron and Wade tagging along.
When they arrive, Trevor, alongside Ron and Wade, attacks the hideout. After wiping out most of the crew there, he orders Wade to find out where Michael Townley lives. In the meantime, Trevor and Ron do more work, including attacking the trailer of Aztecas leader Ortega, along with optionally killing him, and taking over an airfield run by The Lost MC, after they vandalize his trailer as revenge for him killing Johnny.
Trevor attempts to do business with the Chinese Triads, led by a man known as Wei Cheng, who wants a reliable partner to help expand his business operations in Blaine County. Wei sends his son, Tao Cheng, to Blaine County along with a translator to meet with Trevor, who attempts to show them his meth lab. During the tour, he is forced to hide the translator and Tao in a freezer and face gang members who want to kill Trevor for attacking/killing Ortega. Trevor manages to kill all the attackers, however this results in the Triads cancelling the potential deal with Trevor and choosing to do business with the rival O'Neil brothers gang, instead. Enraged after learning this, Trevor decides to kill the O'Neils. On the way to their ranch, Trevor receives a phone call from Elwood O'Neil who invites Trevor to talk at the so they can smooth the issue over, but Trevor declines the offer and lets Elwood know what he plans to do. A panicked Elwood tells his brothers and associates to protect the farm before leaving with two of his other brothers, Walton and Wynn, to meet with the Cheng family. Despite the O'Neils' efforts, Trevor attacks the O'Neil Ranch, slaughtering many of the brothers single-handedly and obliterating their farm by lighting a gas trail he made using a jerry can from their basement meth lab.
A short while later, Trevor receives news from Wade that two people named Michael Townley live in Los Santos, but neither match Trevor's description, as one is an old man and the other is in kindergarten. However, a man that matches Michael Townley's profile named "Michael De Santa" lives in Los Santos, has two children and is married to a woman named Amanda. Trevor recognizes his old partner's alias and decides to take a trip to Los Santos with Wade. Before leaving, he briefly visits The Lost MC's main hideout as a new chapter was recommissioned there to continue business. He destroys their camp entirely with sticky bombs, removing the group's presence from Sandy Shores once and for all. Afterwards, he arrives in the city and locates Wade's cousin Floyd's apartment, deciding to stay there, despite Floyd's protests.
Trevor then tracks down Michael to his home in the affluent district of Rockford Hills, surprising and shocking everyone in the house, who all believed Michael's word that Trevor was likely dead. When Trevor asks where Tracey is, Jimmy reveals that she is auditioning for Fame or Shame. Trevor and Michael rush to the Maze Bank Arena, knowing well that Tracey will humiliate herself with her terrible dancing on TV. The two disrupt the audition, where Tracey is just as surprised as the rest of her family to see Trevor. When the presenter of the show, Lazlow Jones, begins to make sexual advances towards Tracey during her dance, Trevor and Michael become angry and chase Lazlow to the Los Santos River, where Trevor humiliates the reality TV star by making him take off his pants and dance while Trevor films it on his mobile phone, before leaving.
After learning that Floyd works at the Port of Los Santos, Trevor forces Floyd to take him and Wade to the docks, disguised as dock workers to see if anything worth stealing is present. While they are there, Trevor learns that a private security force named Merryweather has a freighter ship containing secret cargo. Assuming the object is valuable, Trevor plans a heist to steal the cargo for himself with the help of Michael, whom Trevor feels that he "owes him one".
Before the planned robbery could go underway however, Trevor, along with Michael, are contacted by a highly-decorated yet highly-corrupt FIB agent named Steve Haines for assistance in extracting a prisoner being held by the IAA. Before the operation is underway, Michael introduces Trevor to his recently antiquated friend, a Families gang member named Franklin Clinton. Trevor assists in the operation by flying the chopper used for allowing Michael to rescue the prisoner from the building, which he promptly keeps for himself afterwards in lieu of payment.
Trevor later visits Franklin's neighborhood, telling Franklin and his friend Lamar that he is looking to make "friends". He accompanies the pair on a minor drug deal at Grove Street set up by a fellow gang member named Stretch. It goes relatively smoothly until Trevor intervenes. Attempting to take a sample of the cocaine brick they were going to purchase, he snaps the brick in half, revealing a key inside and that it was actually a piece of drywall. A gunfight breaks out, and the three have to fight through a group of oncoming Ballas. The LSPD arrive, so Lamar leads Franklin and Trevor down into the Los Santos River. Hijacking jet skis from a rapper's professional photo shoot, the trio escape via the river from the oncoming police.
Trevor is brought back to work for the FIB once more, this time to interrogate Ferdinand Kerimov, the Azerbaijani man he helped to rescue from the IAA. Trevor extracts information out of Kerimov by torturing him, while Steve Haines observes and asks the questions, before relaying the answers to Michael and Dave Norton, who are supposed to find and assassinate alleged Azerbaijani terrorist, Tahir Javan. After the job is done, Haines orders Trevor to kill Kerimov and dispose of his body before leaving. Instead of following Haines' orders, Trevor helps Kerimov escape by driving him to the Los Santos airport and telling him to run away in order to become an advocate against government sanctioned torture, despite the fact that Kerimov lives in Los Santos, has American citizenship, and has family living there as well.
Eventually, Trevor gets to put his heist into motion and manages to steal the target cargo with the help of Michael and Franklin. However, Michael and Trevor's old contact whom the former had recently been working with again, Lester Crest, arrives to discourage Trevor from taking the cargo, as it is in fact a superweapon that the U.S. government were planning to trade to the Chinese and will stop at nothing to recover it, especially if it is in the hands of a person like Trevor. Trevor initially refuses to give it up, but is forced to do so when Michael and Franklin agree it is not worth keeping due to its dangerous nature. Following the heist, Trevor receives a call from Elwood O'Neil, who threatens to kill Trevor for killing his brothers and destroying the O'Neil family ranch in Sandy Shores. Trevor ignores the threat and invites Elwood and what remains of his family to come and find him in Los Santos before hanging up the call.
Getting over the failed heist, Trevor continues to do jobs with Michael and Franklin, including robbing money from an armored car and helping to steal luxury vehicles for a billionaire named Devin Weston, the latter of which they are not paid for, greatly enraging them. Eventually Trevor takes a job with Michael that involves assassinating the cousin of Mexican mob leader, Martin Madrazo, for planning to testify against him in a court case, with Trevor being under the assumption Michael brought him on to help case Madrazo's house. When he mentions this, Michael informs him that they weren't going to rob Madrazo, which annoys Trevor. After Michael shoots down the plane that Madrazo's cousin was flying on, Trevor finds the crash site and kills the cousin, who survived the crash, and recovers the testimony. As Trevor drops them off at Madrazo's ranch, payment negations fall through and he witnesses Madrazo mistreating his wife, Patricia. Trevor, having developed an infatuation with her and being already in a poor mood over not getting to rob Madrazo, severs one of his ears and kidnaps Patricia, forcing himself and Michael to go into hiding at Trevor's Trailer. During this time, the pair are unable to enter Los Santos without being attacked by Madrazo's men.
Whilst in hiding, Trevor continues trying to run his business, assists Michael and Franklin in killing what's left of the O'Neils, and helps rob a bank in Paleto Bay in order to secure funding for another FIB job, which required him to help Michael and Dave Norton escape the Humane Labs and Research facility as they try to steal a neurotoxic chemical being developed there. Eventually, Michael repays Madrazo with an artifact he and Trevor stole from a Merryweather train, while a reluctant Trevor returns Patricia to her husband whom he threatens further violence should he ever mistreat his wife again. With his problems with Madrazo now taken care of, Trevor and Michael are once again able to safely enter Los Santos.
Upon Trevor's return to Floyd's apartment, he encounters Floyd's girlfriend Debra, who has returned home from a business trip overseas. Debra quickly becomes annoyed with Trevor's presence, demanding that he leave. Trevor drives Debra to her limits after suggesting that she caught crabs at the conference she attended and that they were "regular little fuck fests", and eventually breaks down crying and makes a mocking proposal to marry Debra and Floyd. An enraged Debra brandishes a gun at Trevor, and Floyd picks up a nearby knife after mustering some courage, to which Trevor tells them that they "are not very fucking nice". In the ensuing chaos, Floyd is shot in the head and Debra is stabbed to death. After leaving the apartment, a blood-stained Trevor encounters Wade who asks where Floyd is. Trevor lies to him and says that Debra and Floyd mysteriously "disappeared" and probably won't come back. Wade and Trevor then move into the Vanilla Unicorn strip club after "taking it over" by murdering the previous manager.
Trevor, Michael, Lester and Franklin then meet up at the strip club where they plan to rob the Union Depository. In order to do so, they survey the depository for any possible escape routes. Michael and Franklin observe by car, while Trevor and Lester observe by helicopter.
After meeting up with Michael at his mansion, Trevor tries to convince Michael that they bust Brad out of prison and start robbing banks like they used to do years ago. Michael refuses, however, due to the fact that he has a family and wants to make movies, which irritates Trevor. Because of Michael's reluctance to talk about Brad and Trevor's suspicions about what actually happened in North Yankton and who was really buried in Michael's grave, Trevor deduces that Michael betrayed him and flies back to North Yankton with Michael in pursuit. Trevor arrives first at the graveyard and exhumes Michael Townley's grave. His suspicions are confirmed when he finds Brad's decaying corpse in Michael's place. After a stand-off at the grave, which Michael somewhat explains the deal that took place between him and Dave Norton. Trevor, feeling hurt and betrayed by Michael's revelation, flees when the duo is ambushed by Wei Cheng's Triads, who had followed Michael from the airport, hoping that he would lead them to Trevor. As Trevor flies back to San Andreas, he receives a phone call from Wei Cheng who threatens Trevor, claiming that he kidnapped Michael and that he will kill him if he does not surrender his business in Sandy Shores, mistaking Michael as Trevor's gay lover due to the fact that they lived together in his trailer for a period of time while Madrazo was after them. Trevor ignores the threat due to his newly ignited feud with Michael and tells Cheng to do as he pleases.
Much later, Trevor meets up with Franklin at his aunt's house in Strawberry. When Franklin asks him about Michael's whereabouts, Trevor becomes agitated as he reluctantly tells Franklin that Michael was kidnapped by the Triads before punching a nearby pedestrian and leaving. Franklin later rescues Michael.
Although he now considers Michael to be his enemy, Trevor, aware that he and Michael each need one another's help to pull off the Union Depository heist that he and Michael had been planning and dreaming about for ages and refusing to allow anyone but himself kill Michael (despite having previously abandoned him to Wei Cheng), assists him nevertheless after Michael is ambushed by the FIB, IAA, and Merryweather at the Kortz Center. After helping deal with an incident where Lamar is set up by Stretch to be captured by the Ballas, the heist is a success, as Trevor and the crew manage to escape with tons of gold worth millions.
After the heist, Franklin is given separate orders by Steve Haines and Devin Weston to kill one of his friends. Haines wants him to kill Trevor due to Trevor's unpredictable nature being a liability, while Weston wants him to kill Michael to get revenge for the the death of his lawyer and subsequent failure to murder Michael's family, for both of which Weston blames him. Franklin must choose to kill Michael, kill Trevor, or save them and team up with them both to kill all of their enemies.
The Third Way
Franklin contacts Lester and asks him for help on figuring out what to do. Although initially suggesting that Franklin kill both of them, Lester devises a plan to get rid of their enemies once and for all, by luring Haines' corrupt FIB allies and Weston's private Merryweather battalion to a foundry where the three protagonists plan to ambush and kill all of them, stripping both Haines and Weston of their brute force power.Trevor helps Franklin, Michael, and Lamar fight off Merryweather and the FIB, then kills Steve Haines at the Del Perro Pier before kidnapping Devin Weston from his mansion. After killing his guards, Trevor knocks out Devin and locks him in the trunk of his own car, before taking him to the foothills of Mount Chiliad. En route, Devin attempts to appease Trevor, offering him all he's ever wanted (a place of work for him and investment stocks for his corporation), but Trevor responds that all he's ever wanted is for Devin to drift in and out of consciousness as he is slowly disemboweled and that he is 'gold rich' from the Union Depository heist so Devin's efforts are futile. When Michael and Franklin meet up with him, they gloat and taunt Devin over his defeat and their victory against him, followed by the three protagonists pushing Devin's car, with Devin locked inside the trunk, over the cliff's edge and into the sea, where the car promptly explodes, killing Devin. Following this, the trio goes their separate ways but agree to remain friends.
Something SensibleFranklin and Trevor meet at the Paleto Oilfields where the former pulls a gun on the latter, claiming that he likes him but he's going to get them all killed in the end. Trevor flees in his truck with Franklin in hot pursuit, escalating into a full-speed chase around the fields. Eventually, Michael crashes into Trevor's truck, causing him to crash into a gas tanker, covering him in gasoline. As an injured Trevor climbs out of his car, he realizes that Michael and Franklin had teamed up to kill him, declaring them both "Judases" and offering them the opportunity to shoot him, having lost the will to live upon learning that two of his closest friends and few people that he trusted had turned on him. Either Franklin or Michael shoots the gas, which incinerates Trevor before the tanker explodes. Afterwards, Franklin and Michael will frequently reassure themselves and others who ask that Trevor was a dangerous maniac and that taking him out was the right choice.
The Time's ComeFranklin calls Trevor and asks for his help with killing Michael, but Trevor refuses, saying that he is "done with traitors" and telling Franklin they "deserve each other". After the Franklin kills Michael, Trevor emails Franklin asking if it was him who did it, to which Franklin denies. Trevor, however, does not believe him and cuts off all ties, telling him that Franklin was dead to him. If the pair meet in the street, he will accuse Franklin of being a snake and warns him to stay away. When Jimmy calls him, Trevor isn't sure what to say as he was never close to his own father, but that he sends his best to Amanda.
After the Events of Grand Theft Auto V
As mentioned by Ron Jakowski at the cutscene after purchasing the Hangar in the GTA Online: Smuggler's Run DLC, Trevor has "gone Vinewood" and became a "guru" and a "lifestyle coach" in 2017, confirming that Something Sensible is not the canonical ending in Grand Theft Auto V.
In the GTA Online: The Diamond Casino & Resort DLC mission "Casino - Loose Cheng", Tao Cheng is kidnapped by some biker gang when he was going to purchase crystal meth from a dealer contact he had previously met in Sandy Shores, as mentioned by Agatha Baker and the Translator. This implies that Trevor is still a meth dealer as of 2019. Later, in the mission "Casino - Strong Arm Tactics", when driving Tao and his translator to the Pacific Bluffs Country Club to meet up with Agatha Baker, Tao says "I almost got killed at this country club once already. Never again", referencing the events of The Third Way mission in Grand Theft Auto V, and confirming it as the canonical ending in GTA V.
While not directly mentioned or present, Trevor makes another appearance in GTA Online: The Cayo Perico Heist update via a salacious picture included in the Madrazo Files, during the finale cutscene of The Cayo Perico Heist, alongside Patricia Madrazo, confirming that they did have an affair together.
Although Trevor is not seen during the events of the Los Santos Tuners update, KDJ states during The Lost Contract that Chef works with "a real psycho crew", possibly referring to Trevor Philips Enterprises, meaning that the organization is still active as of 2021.
Trevor is once again mentioned in the The Contract by the F. Clinton and Partner's security guard, stating that a "crazy dude" dressed like a "hobo" barged into Franklin's office and claimed that he and Franklin used to work together. After the security guard told him that Franklin wasn't available, he tried to defecate on the office desk. He is also mentioned by Franklin Clinton himself, after Imani tracks down the GTA Online Protagonist's background and informed Franklin that they used to work with Trevor in 2013.
Murders Committed by Trevor Philips
Pre-Grand Theft Auto V
Characters murdered by Trevor Philips before the events of Grand Theft Auto V or during the Prologue.
- Jaspers - Murdered during a heist Trevor was part of for holding Michael at gunpoint.
- Daisy Bell - Murdered (implied only) in the quarry when she stopped at Sandy Shores to buy drugs with Wade and Kush-Chronic.
- Kush-Chronic - Murdered (implied only) in the quarry when he stopped at Sandy Shores to buy drugs with Wade and Daisy Bell.
Grand Theft Auto Online
Characters murdered by Trevor Philips in the storyline of Grand Theft Auto Online.
- Several members of the Ballas - Murdered for trying to steal his cocaine supply.
Grand Theft Auto V
Characters murdered by Trevor Philips in the storyline of Grand Theft Auto V.
- Johnny Klebitz - Murdered for confronting Trevor.
- Terry Thorpe - Killed for being a member of The Lost MC. 
- Clay Simons - Killed for being a member of The Lost MC. 
- Ortega - Either murdered to strike a blow to the Aztecas, or killed when attacking Trevor's meth lab.
- Ernie O'Neil - Murdered for aligning with the Triads.
- Earl O'Neil - Murdered for aligning with the Triads.
- Dale O'Neil - Murdered for aligning with the Triads.
- Doyle O'Neil - Murdered for aligning with the Triads.
- Ned O'Neil - Murdered for aligning with the Triads.
- Don O'Neil - Murdered for aligning with the Triads.
- Daryl O'Neil - Murdered for aligning with the Triads.
- Dan O'Neil - Murdered for aligning with the Triads.
- Javier Madrazo - Murdered on orders from Martin Madrazo.
- Leon - Murdered in order to take over Vanilla Unicorn.
- Steve Haines - Murdered for trying to have Michael and Trevor killed.
- Devin Weston - Murdered for attempting to have Michael and his family killed and cheating himself, Michael, Franklin, and Lamar out of a payday .
Strangers and Freaks Murders
Characters murdered by Trevor Philips during the Strangers and Freaks missions.
- Joe - Murdered on orders from Manuel, for arresting anyone who looks like an immigrant.
- Josef - Murdered on orders from Manuel, for arresting anyone who looks like an immigrant.
Characters optionally murdered by Trevor Philips, depending on the player's choice.
- Josh Bernstein - Can be killed during the Strangers and Freaks mission Breach of Contract.
- Mark Fostenburg - Can be killed during the Strangers and Freaks mission Vinewood Souvenirs - Mark.
- Al Di Napoli - Can be killed during the Strangers and Freaks mission Vinewood Souvenirs - The Last Act.
- Ashley Butler - Can be killed during Mr. Philips.
- Ralph Ostrowski - Can be killed or captured during the Bail Bond mission Bail Jumper 1: Ralph Ostrowski.
- Larry Tupper - Can be killed or captured during the Bail Bond mission Bail Jumper 2: Larry Tupper.
- Glenn Scoville - Can be killed or captured during the Bail Bond mission Bail Jumper 3: Glenn Scoville.
- Curtis Weaver - Can be killed or captured during the Bail Bond mission Bail Jumper 4: Curtis Weaver.
- MC Clip - Can be killed by either Franklin or Trevor during Hood Safari. It is unknown if this is canon or not as he afterwards posts on Bleeter regardless of the player's actions, however, if killed, the news will state that he died.
- Underbelly Of Paradise Cameraman - Can be killed during The Third Way.
Characters optionally murdered by Trevor Philips in Grand Theft Auto V, although not intended to be killed. These characters are still alive regardless of the player's choice, and some of them physically appears in the post-2013 events of Grand Theft Auto Online.
- Patrick McReary - Can be killed during his random event or taken to the Altruist Cult. Confirmed non-canon, as he is still alive in 2019.
- The Lost Girl - Can be killed during her random event. Confirmed non-canon, as she is still alive in 2018.
- Lacey Jonas - Can be killed during her random event or taken to the Altruist Cult. Confirmed non-canon, as she is still alive in 2018.
Crimes Committed by Trevor Philips
This is a list of all crimes committed by Trevor in GTA Online and GTA V, as well as crimes that the player may commit while playing as Trevor in the latter game.
- The robbery of a cash depot in North Yankton.
- Hiring the GTA Online Protagonist to steal The Lost MC's meth.
- Hiring the GTA Online Protagonist to steal coke from the Los Santos Vagos.
- Hiring the GTA Online Protagonist to steal a Buzzard from Merryweather at the Sandy Shores Airfield and use it to destroy two Merryweather outposts.
- Hiring the GTA Online Protagonist to steal a truck of narcotics from The Lost and deliver it to his buyer.
- Hiring the GTA Online Protagonist to steal a truck full of meth from The Lost and deliver it to the gas station in Sandy Shores.
- Hiring the GTA Online Protagonist to attack The Lost's meth lab in Great Chaparral and then steal their drugs from the Raton Canyon.
- Hiring the GTA Online Protagonist to protect his meth lab from the LSPD and retrieve his equipment from there before it gets confiscated.
- Hiring the GTA Online Protagonist to steal a shipment of diamonds.
- Engaging in a major drug deal, hiring the GTA Online Protagonist to steal the drugs from various gangs so that he would have what to sell, and attacking his client when he is revealed to be an undercover police officer and the whole deal a sting operation from DOA.
- Killing Johnny Klebbitz for confronting him, along with numerous other members of The Lost MC in order to take over their meth business in Blaine County.
- Killing more members of The Lost in retaliation for vandalizing his trailer and in order to take over their arms dealing business as well.
- Killing the Aztecas attacking his meth laboratory.
- Destroying the O'Neil Brothers' farm and meth lab, and killing most of the O'Neil Brothers, in retaliation for the Triads choosing to start a partnership with them instead of him.
- Destroying the The Lost's trailer park.
- Chasing and threatening Lazlow Jones alongside Michael, so that the latter's daughter Tracey would appear on Fame on Shame without being humiliated.
- Helping Michael and Franklin kidnap Mr. K from the IAA building, under orders from Steve Haines.
- Torturing Mr. K to make him reveal the location of a target, under orders from Haines.
- Taking part in a drug deal on Grove Street alongside Lamar and Franklin, and killing numerous Ballas to escape after the deal is revealed to be a trap set by Stretch.
- The robbery of a high-tech device from Merryweather (only to be then forced to return it).
- Stealing two cars for Devin Weston alongside Franklin and Michael by disguising as a police officer.
- Helping Franklin steal a Z-Type for Weston by locating its owner using a special camera in a helicopter.
- The robbery of an armored car containing agency funds, under orders from Steve Haines.
- Killing Martin Madrazo's cousin in order to retrieve some files for him, and kidnapping Madrazo's wife Patricia.
- Boarding a Merryweather cargo plane and killing all the mercenaries aboard in an attempt to steal their weapons.
- Killing the remaining O'Neil Brothers in the woods, with help from Michael and Franklin.
- The robbery of a Merryweather train transporting valuable items.
- The robbery of the Paleto Bay bank.
- Taking part in the raid on a research facility to steal a deadly virus.
- Killing Floyd Herbert and Debra (possibly) and taking over Vanilla Unicorn by force, killing its owner.
- Delivering all the stolen cars to Devin Weston alongside Lamar and Franklin, escaping from the LSPD in the process.
- Killing several FIB and IAA agents and Merryweather mercenaries in order to rescue Michael and Dave Norton from a Mexican standoff.
- Killing numerous Ballas alongside Franklin and Michael to rescue Lamar.
- The robbery of Union Depository.
- Killing numerous Merryweather mercenaries and FIB agents alongside Franklin and Michael during an ambush at a foundry, killing Steve Haines, kidnapping Devin Weston, and helping Franklin and Michael kill him by pushing the car he was locked in off a cliff.
Other Crimes Committed (player-determinant)
- Grand Theft Auto
- Resisting Arrest
- Mass Homicide
- Violating Gun Control laws
- Dangerous Driving
- Driving under the Influence
Trevor has been described as a difficult person to deal with: extreme, impetuous, vengeful, psychopathic, unhinged, unpredictable, untamed, infamous, homicidal, and prone to violent outbursts and destructive rampages. He does everything in a sociopathic and relentless manner, (much different from Michael). Although Trevor is like this, he is honest about it and will never show hypocrisy. He has his own charm along with his own principles. However, Dan Houser has confirmed that Trevor "may not be all he seems" and is still "too horrible" to be a hero of any kind. He is also quite insecure about being born in Canada, and takes offense to people mocking his accent. Almost all of his Rampages are caused by Trevor flying into rage over being mocked over his Canadian accent. During a mission, Ron asks Trevor about his business dealings in Canada, resulting in Trevor getting defensive and demands for Ron to clarify. Ron hastily corrects himself by asking about Trevor's business dealings in North Yankton "along the Canadian border", defusing a possible violent outburst from Trevor, thus showing his insecurity for being Canadian. Also, while hanging out with Michael and Franklin, Michael will sometimes remark "You're not even American." during a conversation. Somewhat enraged, Trevor will reply "I am! Fuck you!" and Michael will respond with "Whatever you say, eh." mocking Trevor's accent. This further shows his insecurity about being Canadian.
|Grand Theft Auto series protagonists by Universe|
Trevor's mere presence always puts others on edge due to his extremely short temper and unpredictable, impulsive behaviour. Ron, who is one of Trevor's friends and an unlikely one at that, is constantly terrified of him and frequently tries to appease Trevor whenever he can, especially if he is close to getting angry. Michael is also wary of him when they reunite, stepping in front of his son to protect him. Despite Ron's fear and Trevor's psychopathic behaviour, they do seem to show a level of trust to each other as Trevor usually tasks Ron to do a few missions for him such as blowing up the Lost MC fuel tank and helping him drop off cargo via a plane, as well as running Trevor Philips Enterprises in his absence. Wade, another friend, is equally scared of Trevor. Though Trevor torments and punches Wade often, this bullying extends to Wade's cousin, Floyd, as well. Even strangers who have seen very little of him can be put off by his presence, shown when he instantly put Fabien on edge despite not even knowing him in the opening cutscene for the mission "Fame or Shame". In the Merryweather Heist, he gets angry quickly when his score is compromised. In the offshore ending, he gets so angry that he rams his face onto a wooden board and repeatedly smashes his face on it. His personality is stated to be partly based on that of legendary English prisoner Charles Bronson, also known as "the most violent prisoner in Britain". He is a man known for his sudden violent outbursts which have earned him fame.
Out the three protagonists, Trevor can be said to be a true psychopath, as he easily kills with no remorse, has the typical parental issues (abandoned by his father and sensitive about his mother), is a pyromaniac, frequently abducts people and takes them to the Altruist Cult (the cult in question is implied to be made up of cannibalistic killers of which Trevor seems to be aware of) which he calls his "friends in the mountains" and has the habit of making sadistic jokes about his victims. For example, Trevor makes a joke about the piece of Johnny Klebitz's brain left under his boot after he killed him, and telling Elwood O'Neil over the phone that Elwood had "too many brothers" and that they needed "culling". When Trevor kills Johnny, he demands that Johnny get up to face him, apparently unaware that he killed him. It is extremely unlikely that he cared though due to his plans to get rid of The Lost and how enraged he was with Johnny. In contrast with this behaviour however, is his protectiveness of Michael's family and his apparent grief when he thought Michael was dead, which shows a level of emotion not common in most sociopaths as they usually have little to no positive emotions for other people. In addition to this he refused to leave Michael in the prologue, while he was on the ground after being shot. Trevor seems to only care about the people very close to him and he can be truly loyal to them, which specifically includes his mother, Patricia Madrazo, Maude, Michael, and later on even Franklin and Lamar. Brad's death affected him harshly, leaving him to blame Michael for what happened nine years ago back in North Yankton.
In contrast with his heavily sociopathic behaviour, he has shown many times how needy he is for love and care. He tells Michael repeatedly how much he mourned him, to the point that he got a memorial tattoo with Michael's name on it. As he was being confronted by Floyd and Debra, he told them how much he wanted to be with them. His relationship with Patricia was also a display of true love and, in his words, he enjoyed a lot the time spent with her.
Despite his weak relationship with Amanda and having a strained friendship with Michael, Trevor surprisingly cares for Jimmy and Tracey, viewing them as surrogate niece and nephew. Evidence of his caring is chasing Lazlow Jones when he does a sexual pose against Tracey as she performs a stripper-like dance and forcing him to take off his pants and dance in his underwear. Also, he will not allow Jimmy to drink alcohol when hanging out with him. Despite this, Trevor will insult Jimmy and Tracey when he encounters them outside of missions.
Trevor also seems to sometimes dwell on respect. When Wade calls Ashley a "bitch", Trevor asks him if he thinks it's clever to disrespect women. He also often tells some of his friends to show some respect to himself, and sometimes even others. In the mission Trevor Philips Industries, despite Chef worrying about the arrival of the Aztecas at the meth lab, Trevor still orders him to show manners to Tao Cheng and his translator who want to see the meth lab operation, calling them as their "guests". When Wade is covered in sewage, Wade's cousin suggests to call the heist off, but Trevor responds by telling him to respect Wade for what he went through and so he should carry on with the heist.
Despite his heartless behaviour, Trevor possesses an awareness for guilt. This is seen in the Strangers and Freaks mission Minute Man Blues in which Manuel; one of the innocent men captured by Trevor and the Civil Border Patrol members Joe and Josef on suspicion of being an illegal immigrant in the previous mission An American Welcome, stands up to Trevor fearlessly despite the latter pointing a gun at him, and claims he and his family have migrated to America since more than 200 years ago, saying that he is more American than Trevor is. He criticizes Trevor for disregarding civil rights with "Trevor's friends", who are harassing innocent legal immigrants and, in Trevor's case, in return for money. He adds that, unlike the Civil Border Patrol; he will not give Trevor a single cent for helping him to stop the Civil Border Patrol. Fueled by this and Trevor having already felt the Civil Border Patrol's actions were indeed illegal, he storms into a rage and hunts down and puts an end to the Civil Border Patrol once and for all. Also, when Trevor runs over a main character, he will often scream "No!" in panic, although he may instead blame the person for being in his way in an unconcerned way.
Trevor uses threats of sexual violence to show his dominance over other men, as well as enjoying making them uncomfortable. Many of his sarcastic remarks have been misinterpreted as sincere statements by players. He seems to take it a step further with Floyd, as there are many things that suggest a sexual relationship. Notably, if the player switches to Trevor during his stay at Floyd’s condo, sometimes Trevor can be seen looking over Floyd as he lays in the fetal position wearing women's clothing, uttering an apology to Debra while sobbing. However this could just be Trevor showing his dominance by humiliating Floyd. Also, if the player chooses to catch Ralph Ostrowski, Trevor implies that he sexually abused men while in prison. It should be noted that this behaviour is only present when in the presence of weak people such as Ron, Wade, Floyd, and a meth addicted Johnny Klebitz.
By the other hand, he respects and encourages bravery on his friends and partners in crime. During job preparations, he often tends to taunt and call out anyone who shows a sign of doubt, fear or weakness, and when they get back angrily at him, Trevor applauds and approves their reaction as a way to man them up.
In direct contrast to his erratic and chaotic nature, Trevor also appears to be highly intelligent and somewhat cultured. Although seemingly lacking of refined tastes, Trevor speaks in the most eloquent manner out of all three protagonists, utilizing elaborate and complex vocabulary as well as displaying a surprisingly dry wit. It must be noted that having studied 4 years at a military academy, Trevor is the only GTA protagonist to date with a college degree, possibly explaining his use of complex vocabulary and hinting at a sophisticated nature that he might or might not be intentionally masking. Trevor is incredibly focused and professional on the jobs at hand, displaying a surprising capacity for calculation and planning, even under duress and in highly chaotic situations. He can follow the plans strictly and also he has proven to have great ideas for big jobs and lead them successfully, These include stealing the drug stashes belonging to many dangerous groups and stealing a multi-million secret weapon from a heavily armed security group. However, these operations were failures since they lacked a prior careful inspection and were performed hastily (one being a police sting, the other putting the crew in extreme danger worldwide).
Trevor has shown some hints that he feels genuine sexual attraction towards men too, besides his normal sexual dominant behaviour towards weaker men. He showed certain interests in the "stag do running man" random encounter. While picking up a couple of hitchhikers, the very inebriated couple begins to have sex as Trevor drives the vehicle. He offers to join in and perform fellatio on the boyfriend. In the mission I Fought The Law, Trevor touches the private parts of one of the guys as he's dressed as a police man. During a drinking outing with Franklin, he admits he has previously performed fellatio on men (I'd rather suck a dick than smoke weed... and trust me, I've done both!). In another conversation during an outing with Michael and Franklin at the same time, he admits he's bisexual after Franklin asked him whether he's gay or not.
Trevor is shown to be disgusted by racism, misogyny, as well as self-righteous and hypocritical attitudes which he considers "fake". He criticizes the Minute Men and the LSPD for their racist behaviour, reprimands Wade for his remarks toward Ashley, and threatens Martin for mistreating Patricia. After torturing Ferdinand Kerimov, he mocks the FIB's use of torture as a means of interrogation, claiming it is only a method of showing dominance and that the government fails to admit this. In one of his character switch scenes, he can even be throwing a Lost MC member off a bridge for being a bigot.
While it is never stated in-game, Trevor shows textbook signs of Intermittent Explosive Disorder; a mental condition which includes episodes of impulsive behaviour that could result in serious damage to anyone and anything around them, aggression grossly disproportionate to what provoked it, and episodic violence that cannot be categorized with any other existing mental and physical medical condition.
Trevor also appears to suffer from Coulrophobia, since in Grass Roots mission for Barry, dialogue suggests that Trevor once was or still is scared of clowns, saying such things as "I'm a big boy now" and "you can't hurt me anymore" (paraphrasing). He might also ask the clowns "Are there any more sex offenders out there!?" This implies that as a child Trevor was sexually assaulted by a clown when he was young thus causing his fear of clowns. Additionally, when you get Lamar, Franklin, and Trevor to hang out together off mission, Franklin will mention he's sitting next to "Two Clowns" (Trevor and Lamar) Trevor then starts to get a little worried asking "Clown? Where?!" which may prove he is still scared of clowns.
- Michael: "The fuck is wrong with you?"
- Trevor: "Oh, I got abandonment issues. I see a shrink once a week."
- ―Michael and Trevor in By the Book.
Although very rarely seen in game, Trevor appears to be secretly ashamed and a bit scared of his personality. When hanging out with both Michael and Franklin simultaneously, Trevor might reveal in an ashamed tone that he doesn't want his mother to see him like this. If Trevor hangs out with Lamar enough times, he will admit to Lamar that sometimes he realizes how he's thinking (fixation on violence, horrible brutalities etc.) and gets scared of himself. If Trevor huffs gas on his trailer porch, he may sometimes mutter that he feels suicidal. This could hint that all the reckless stunts Trevor commits (such as flying a Duster inside a cargo plane while getting shot at with an RPG) might be subconscious attempts of getting killed. When drunk with Franklin, Trevor talks about being lonely and asks Franklin to hold him. When Franklin replies with jokes, Trevor starts crying; "Why are you joking!? I said I'm lonely!".
While Trevor is often controlling, loud, and willing to hurt anyone who he perceives as a threat in some way, whether physically or mentally, he is terrified by his mother. Upon meeting her in his trailer in the mission Mrs. Philips, he speaks incoherent sentences, is unable to answer questions and runs off to do the job she assigns to him without questioning it.
Trevor is also extremely talented at mathematics. According to Wade, Trevor is "really good with numbers" and can solve even the most difficult of math problems in his head in a matter of seconds without much (if any) hesitation, as seen in the Depository heist.
Relationships With Other Characters
- Michael De Santa - Trevor and Michael grew a likeness for one another after they began to rob several banks back in the day. But somewhere in that time, both men had a falling out which led to a rift in their friendship. At one point in the game, the two had a standoff in North Yankton after Trevor found out the truth. Wei Cheng's henchmen arrived, so Trevor escaped and left Michael to fight them off, but only for him to be captured by more goons. Trevor mostly puts Michael on the spot, calling him a "snake" or "worthless wretch" because he claims Michael stabbed him in the back. Even though they're not on the right page at times, they're able to get along at other times during the main storyline and when they're hanging out. After Franklin rescues Michael from Wei Cheng's goons, Michael can be selected and run into Trevor on the street (vice versa). Should this happen, there will be a hostile conversation between the two about their friendship. Trevor seems to have a strange bond with Michael as shown by the fact that Trevor tolerates some of his betrayals and occasional references to Trevor's Canadian roots, whereas anyone else is usually killed for far less. When both men survive after "The third way" option, Trevor seemingly forgives Michael as he labels him a friend after they kill Devin. When they hang out afterwards Michael apologizes to Trevor for what he did to him and Brad and even offers to give Trevor his cut of the money from the Big Score. Trevor declines the offer but he accepts Michael's apology. When they're both drunk Trevor will say that Brad was a bit of a dick at times. When they hang out again, he will also apologize to Michael for reacting the way he did at North Yankton and allowing the Triad to capture him which Michael will also forgive him for.
- Ron Jakowski - Ron is Trevor's best friend, and since Trevor can't have many friends for many reasons, (including the area that both men live in), he is the closest friend besides Michael. Despite this, Ron is always paranoid and terrified to spend time with Trevor. Despite Ron often being on the end of Trevor's temper, Trevor often places high levels of trust in Ron, such as allowing Ron to run TP Enterprises in Trevor's absence. When introducing Ron to Michael, Trevor describes Ron as a "good guy, very loyal" and after Ron sources getaway vehicles for the duo in Derailed, Trevor describes Ron as "dependable".
- Franklin Clinton - Trevor is introduced to Franklin by Michael. They seem to be very good partners and later good friends after a while. Franklin seems to be one of the very few people who doesn't feel intimidated by Trevor's rage fits. In fact, he usually manages to cool him down in a collected manner. In the optional ending that involves killing Trevor, he protests that he's been nothing but straight and true with him. In the ending where Franklin kills Michael, he would cut off ties with him and claim that he's dead to him. Should all three protagonists survive, Trevor will tell Franklin that he's "proud" of him when they hang out.
- Wade Hebert - Wade appears to be good friends with Trevor and have been since they met the year before the events of the game. Wade is so loyal to Trevor that he has no problem following his direction. Wade's stupidity and child-like personality causes him to occasionally screw up his tasks, which understandably gets on Trevor's nerves. In spite of Trevor being annoyed by Wade, he does generally care about him since he is useful for his business plans. Trevor also sees potential in Wade, as evidenced by the time when they met and Trevor caused Wade's friends Kush-Chronic and Daisy Bell to "disappear", while he spared Wade himself.
- Floyd Hebert - Floyd appears to be terrified of Trevor. He's forced by Trevor to help him in his crimes, under menace of having his home and furniture trashed. In the mission Hang Ten, he finally decides to stand up to Trevor, along with his girlfriend Debra, demanding him to leave their condo. After a great discussion, Debra draws a gun against Trevor and Floyd draws a knife to defend himself, making Trevor kill both of them off-screen. Despite this, deep down Trevor may have actually cared for Floyd seen for when he mentioned to Wade about bringing Floyd up from his low self-esteem, getting out his own penis to rest Floyd's insecurity about his own (though maybe for different reasons than care), and his concerned facial expression when Debra calls him "crap" shortly before their murder.
- Mrs. Philips - Trevor's mother is only seen during the Strangers and Freaks mission Mrs. Philips. Before the events of the game she was a stripper/prostitute, as seen in hers and Trevor's comments (he states this sometimes when having a private dance). She was also an inmate and became disappointed in Trevor because he never wrote or visited her. She asks if Trevor found a woman yet and does not let him answer the question. She asks if he's gay, because she has no problem with it. After the mission, she disappears and Trevor is seen crying on the floor. She is highly respected by Trevor, and he gets highly insulted should anyone mention anything about her, even if the comment was positive. She is also the only known person Trevor is afraid of.
- Patricia Madrazo - Upon meeting her while visiting her husband's house, Trevor displayed interest in her. When Martin refuses to pay him, Trevor kidnapped Patricia and held her hostage at his trailer in Sandy Shores. As time goes on, Patricia is no longer tied up and is seen cooking meals for Trevor, which leads Michael to suggest both have contracted Stockholm syndrome. Trevor soon becomes protective of Patricia, and admits that he loves her and vice versa. When he is forced to return her to Martin, he does so tearfully and promises to rip off Martin's other ear if Trevor finds out he has been mistreating Patricia yet again. For the rest of the game, Patricia will secretly call Trevor on occasion. During the Cayo Perico Heist which takes place in 2020, their relationship is shown to be very intimate as they took pictures during their intercourse.
- Lamar Davis - Lamar first met Trevor during the mission Hood Safari. During this time, Lamar repeatedly asked Franklin who Trevor was but soon grew to like him, nicknaming him "Crazy White Dude" due to Trevor's behavior, and even telling Franklin to learn from his being "cold". He will also warmly greet Trevor when meeting him during Lamar Down.
- GTA Online Protagonist - As stated above, the GTA Online Protagonist first fell under Trevor's radar when they unwittingly steal an RV used by Trevor as a meth lab for Gerald. Upon realizing he could not intimidate them, Trevor forces the Protagonist to pull several jobs for him in order to pay back the debt he feels they owed him, eventually retaining their services in order to set up a drug shipment. Trevor's relationship with the GTA Online Protagonist is surprisingly civil as he likely sees them as someone who is similar to him: a lost soul willing to commit whatever crime no matter how dirty as long as they're adequately paid for their services.
- Steve Haines - Trevor first meets corrupt FIB agent Steve Haines during a job to extract Ferdinand Kerimov from the IAA headquarters and took an immediate dislike of him. Haines forces him, Michael De Santa, and Franklin Clinton into his operations and to torture Kerimov into retrieving information onto assassinating a suspected terrorist called Tahir Javan. He also gets the protagonists into performing several heists for him, such as hijacking a security van containing IAA money from drug deals; robbing a corrupt bank in Paleto Bay in order to obtain funds to raiding an IAA compound and steal an experimental neurotoxin that was going to be used by the IAA to launch terrorist attacks and receive funds from the government as well as breaking into the FIB building to steal compromising information about Haines. However, more and more suspicion from the Bureau falls on Haines, causing him to become extremely paranoid. He, along with agent Andreas Sanchez, confronts Michael and agent Dave Norton at the Kortz Center and attempts to have them framed and arrested to cover his involvement in the raid. After an ambush consisting IAA, Merryweather and rival FIB forces, Haines escapes, leaving Michael and Norton to die, however they manage to shoot their way out, with the assistance of Trevor, who wants Michael in for the "Big Score" - robbing the Union Depository. After the shootout, an infuriated Haines wishes to have Trevor killed, along with Michael and Franklin, Norton convinces him to have only Trevor killed as Franklin and Michael are easier to control. Haines tasks Franklin with killing Trevor. If "Deathwish" is chosen, the protagonists team up and take down Haines' corrupt FIB unit and Weston's private Merryweather battalion at a foundry after which Michael and Franklin kill Ballas gangster Stretch and Chinese gangster Wei Cheng, while Trevor very much wanted to personally track down Haines, after he exclaimed that he wanted to kill him since the moment he met him. Haines is shooting an episode of his show on a ferris wheel at Del Perro Pier, and while he is talking in front of the cameraman, Trevor takes out a sniper rifle (or any other weapon, based on the player's choice) and shoots Haines, killing him.
- Devin Weston - Trevor meets eccentric billionaire Devin Weston for the first time during a meeting with Steve Haines. He first offers Michael an opportunity to produce a film with Michael's idol - movie producer Solomon Richards and also offers Franklin and Trevor a deal to steal five rare cars, which Weston will sell to government officials in China and then will pay them. However, Devin soon refuses to pay Michael, along with Trevor and Franklin for their jobs and after Michael accidentally gets his lawyer killed, Devin sends a platoon of Merryweather men to kill his family. However, Michael manages to save his family. This incident leads Devin to hire Franklin to murder Michael. If "Deathwish" is chosen, Trevor, Michael and Franklin take out Haines' corrupt FIB unit and Weston's Merryweather battalion at a foundry, after which they kill Haines, Stretch and Wei Cheng. After killing Haines, Trevor kidnaps Devin from his mansion and shoves him inside the trunk of one of his classic cars and drives him to a cliff, located at the foothills of Mount Chiliad and waits for Michael and Franklin. Michael and Franklin later show up and the three protagonists taunt a beaten Devin for their victory, before pushing the car (with him still inside the trunk of the car) off the cliff. The car repeatedly crashes into several rocks along the way, until it finally hits the ground of the ocean and explodes, killing Weston.
Trevor is of athletic build and is 6' 1¼" (1.86 m) tall and weighs 206 lbs (93 kg). He has brown eyes and receding dark brown hair.
He also has several cuts on his face along with several tattoos including one along his neck featuring a dotted line and the words "CUT HERE," and a memorial tattoo for Michael on his shoulder, as well as a flying bird behind his ear, blazing skull on his left hand and the words "FUCK YOU" across his knuckles. Trevor has a visible scar on his abdomen from what looks to be a knife wound. Trevor also has numerous sores or boils over his lower stomach and back, likely from his drug addictions.
Trevor's default outfit is a plain and dirty white V-neck, ripped up dirty blue jeans or sweat pants and a pair of brown boots. He is seen in one screenshot with a different outfit on - a jean jacket with a half buttoned up shirt along with a white undershirt and a pair of blue jeans. Also, in some screenshots, during the second Grand Theft Auto V trailer and wearing his default outfit, he is seen wearing a calculator watch on his left wrist.
During the Prologue mission, which took place 9 years before the game's events, Trevor sports a different appearance. He isn't bald (although his hairline has started to retreat and there's a small bald spot on the back of his head), has a mullet covering his entire back of the neck, and sports a mustache. These facial features can be purchased at Barbers around Los Santos, although Trevor will still look bald with the mullet, like all his hair options. He also lacks his "CUT HERE" tattoo.
He seems fond of buying cheap clothing from Binco and the Discount Shop, while he shows total disdain for buying clothes from Ponsonby's. Some characters also mention that he is an extremely untidy and messy person when it comes to clothes and hygiene. When Michael and Trevor reunite, Michael claims Trevor "[stinks] like piss" and has blood under his fingernails. During the Paleto Score Setup, Michael calls Trevor a "proto-hipster" because his clothes are never clean and never fit. Also, Lamar Davis claims that Trevor has a "smell of ass on the distance of three meters."
Skills and attributes
Because he is a former military aviation pilot, he is skilled in both combat and piloting aircraft like helicopters. In the mission Three's Company, Trevor was the one that flew the team to the skyscraper they needed to get their target out of. In the aftermath, as the team was pursued by law enforcement helicopters, he proved to be an able pilot under pressure.
Trevor is also the master of greed, ambition, and insanity (along with Michael and Franklin), and is seen in many GTA V screenshots performing many challenging (and some illegal) stunts. Some of those stunts include base jumping, jet-skiing, murdering, property destruction, arson, jumping out from moving vehicles and getting chased by the cops.
Wade also said that Trevor is "good with numbers", implying that he has good mathematical skills. This is confirmed during small talk with a bank executive during the Subtle approach to the final heist; upon being told the number of gold bricks they are stealing and the size of each one, Trevor rattles off the exact amount of gold they have before the executive can finish entering the above information into his calculator. Trevor also has an excellent perception and intuition, being the only one to figure out that the brick of coke Franklin and Lamar were buying from the Ballas at Grove Street was actually drywall.
He also proved to be a good strategist and planner. He alone pulled a successful heist on Merryweather Security Consulting, and he's been able to keep his relatively small organization peaking up in the drug and arms dealing against other bigger and more dangerous groups like the Aztecas, The Lost or the Marabunta Grande.
He also proved to be a powerful hand-to-hand combatant, usually knocking down people with a single punch in several cutscenes. He's strong enough to lift and throw people off ledges in several of his switch scenes.
Trevor's special ability is Invulnerability. While active, Trevor can take an excessive amount of damage without dying as well as a special melee attack that he can perform. By enhancing this skill, you increase its maximum storage capacity, which directly affects its duration. Trevor's Special skill lasts for 30 seconds when the Stat Bar for Special skill has been maxed out. While in the ability, he can survive hits from trains, Rhino tank cannon shots and being mauled by a mountain lion.
Grand Theft Auto V
For the list of Trevor Philips's mission appearances, see Trevor Philips/Appearances.
Grand Theft Auto Online
- Romance Isn't Dead
- Lost My Mind (Boss)
- Turbine Carbine
- Crystal Clear Out (Boss)
- Out of Harmony (Boss)
- Satellite Communications (Boss)
- Method in the Madness (Boss)
- Chopper Tail (Boss)
- Diamonds are for Trevor (Boss)
- Chop Chop (Boss)
- Potshot (Boss)
- Close Action (Boss)
- Series A - Coke (Boss)
- Series A - Trash Truck (Boss)
- Series A - Bikers (Boss)
- Series A - Weed (Boss)
- Series A - Steal Meth (Boss)
- Series A Funding (Boss)
Trevor has had very positive responses from many fans of GTA V and professional video game critics about his "fuck off!" personality, and extreme behavior. Trevor's grand appearance during the GI demo, is considered an unforgettable one and sets up the character nicely, (the camera is zoomed in on Trevor's face but then zooms out to show him sitting on the toilet fighting constipation while yelling the famous quote, "I need a fucking midwife for this thing!").
Dan Houser's Description of Trevor
"Trevor appeared to us pretty much out of nowhere as the embodiment of another side of criminality – of freedom, and of doing what you want. If Michael was meant to be the idea of some version of criminal control – or some sort of bourgeois criminal who tries to go straight and gets sucked back in – what about the guy who didn't do that? What about the opposite guy? What about the guy who just says ‘fuck off’ every moment, is relentless, doesn't want to stop taking drugs, doesn't want to stop partying, doesn't want to be told 'no' by anyone, and just completely revels in chaos?"
"Trevor was the other side of the GTA coin, I suppose. He's the person who's driven purely by desire, resentment, no thought for tomorrow whatsoever, completely id rather than ego-driven. Constant partying, constant madness. The only thing he doesn't want to do is stop. He wants to keep going and ride it all to the end. Won't take an insult from anybody. Kills without remorse, like a true psychopath, but very sentimental for the right reasons when it suits him. That seemed like another side of the kind of GTA coin or the GTA world, but very rarely as the protagonist. That seemed an interesting guy to have as a protagonist. Very unlike anyone we've had in a game before. If you began to develop him and Michael and their previous relationships... We wanted this feeling where you start off thinking one's good and the other's awful. Then you get spun the other way. Then you get spun back the first way, until you can't decide."
- "Now normally, I have that whole 'beggars can't be choosers, take anything you can when it comes to love' attitude. But, when the love takes the form of someone shitting on my business, I'm not fucking interested. What's your problem, huh? Why aren't you scared of me?" - Trevor during his first meeting with a male GTA Online Protagonist.
- "Well, why we don't just ask him then, huh? Hey, hey, cowboy, do you mind that I fucked your old lady? Sorry, what was that? What? No, no? You don't mind? Oh, because you're a dead man, and the only sentient part of you left is this little bit of brain in the gristle on the end of my boot? Well, thank you very much, cowboy." - Trevor to Terry and Clay after Johnny's death.
- "Now go, I need to meditate. Or masturbate. Or both..." - Trevor talking with Ron.
- "I hear a little bird tellin' me that they have a bit of a problem, since one of them is going to have to be surgically removed from the skull of the other. Fuck you guys and fuck them!" - Trevor after discovering that the O'Neil Brothers took his contract.
- "I don't know what I want. It's a bit, well, like pornography or a perfect turd, I can't quite describe it, but I'll know it when I see it." - Trevor talking with Floyd.
- "Massage me, motherfucker!" - Trevor to Floyd.
- "Hey, by any chance did you catch crabs at that conference? I hear those conferences are regular little fuck fests, eh." - Trevor to Debra.
- "Exactly. Everyone's so hung up on appearances in LS, you start to forget who you are. And if you ain't who you are, who the fuck are you?" - Trevor to Ron in Minor Turbulence.
- "This is my life's work. I mean, since I was a little kid I-I dreamt big, y'know? I've always wanted to be an international drug dealer and... weapons trader, alright? So I'm begging you, let's make this happen." - Trevor to Tao Cheng and his translator in Crystal Maze.
- "I think the only thing that didn't go as PLANNED was me showing up on your doorstep ten years later, Mikey! I mourned YOU!" - Trevor upon uncovering the truth about Brad in Bury the Hatchet.
- "You're looking at it rationally - there are people who are useful to you, and people who ain't, and the people who ain't got to go. Me. I'm not rational. I don't care if you're useful or not. I feel like taking you out, Devo, so that's what I'm doing." - Trevor to Devin Weston before killing him.
- "I think I would recognize my own underwear, now give them back!" - Trevor to a random bodybuilder on Vespucci Beach.
- "Never eat Indian people!" - Trevor after vomiting in a public fountain.
- "Well, loyalty is important. Let me put it that way... loyalty is important. I mean, that's the only code you need. Loyalty is the code. Kill strangers. Protect friends. Eat enemies." - Trevor to Franklin, while hanging out.
- "I'm not scared of you anymore! I'm a big boy now!" - Trevor to Clowns in Grass Roots - Trevor.
- "Look, this is all I've got, alright? I've had a tough upbringing! My daddy was not nice to me! Okay? Look, Debra, I love you, and I love you too, Floyd! Why can't we all just be together, huh?! You can have Mondays through Thursdays, you can have the weekends, alright?! I know that's not normal, but in this crazy, crazy world, is normal so good?! Huh?! Look, Debra! Floyd! Will you marry me?!" - Trevor to Floyd and Debra.
- "Ron! Ron! I'm back...And bring me my coffee or I'm gonna cut your arm off!" - Trevor during Minor Turbulence
- "And they damaged my stuff. They smash up my home. Damage my soul. Look at this... This, this, this, this statue here of Impotent Rage. This fucking meant more to me than Johnny K meant to anyone! And they smashed it! Those pathetic, midlife crisis, hog-riding, shaven-headed, fruity leather-chap-wearing fucking assholes!" - Trevor expressing his anger during Nervous Ron mission.
Grand Theft Auto V
Grand Theft Auto Online
- Trevor's dedication to his mother and the fact that he can wear dresses may be a reference to Norman Bates from Alfred Hitchcock's 1960 horror film Psycho.
- According to the Rush Casting Call, Trevor's early name was Simon. Interestingly, Steven Ogg also portrayed a character named Simon in The Walking Dead.
- Trevor's initial backstory was that he grew up in the rural American backwoods. However, when Canadian actor Steven Ogg was hired to voice the character, the producers decided to work Ogg's thick Canadian accent into the character. As a result, Trevor's origins were changed and the character was now purported to have grown up "near the Canadian border". Trevor's Canadian origins are something of an in-joke throughout the game, as numerous characters express anti-Canadian sentiment.
- While Michael De Santa and Franklin Clinton have the ability to kindly greet people when the player presses right on the control pad, Trevor on the opposite hand can only taunt people, leading them to either run away or fight him.
- Trevor can trigger unique responses from pedestrians by passing by them. Most of them are of a fearful nature commenting on his looks and hygiene. He can still receive these responses even if the player controls Michael or Franklin and hangs out with Trevor, in which Trevor can respond back with insults.
- In Trevor's trailer, there is a flag on the wall with the emblem of a special forces unit called the Special Airborne Unit with the Latin motto 'Confide Nemini'. This could have been the unit that he was training in before his discharge. Trevor can also buy a Lonewolf jacket from SubUrban which has the same logo on the back.
- Trevor gives several hints across the game that he enjoys older women. In the mission Hood Safari, if Trevor uses the Seashark that the stunt woman is tied in, he says "that's why I prefer older women" when she starts to scream. In the Strangers and Freaks mission Vinewood Souvenirs - The Last Act, he says to Al Di Napoli that "older women should be appreciated, like a fine cheese". Patricia Madrazo, the only woman in the game apart from his mother that he really likes and respect, is clearly older than him; she is later stated by Trevor to be 57. Mary-Ann Quinn is younger than him, but still pushing 40, and he develops an instant attraction to her; he does the same to Molly Schultz as well. On the other hand, Trevor can optionally set up booty calls with Ursula, a random character who is much younger than he is, as well as strippers from the Vanilla Unicorn who likewise are in their twenties.
- He sometimes refers to his company's name as "Trevor Philips Industries" and "Trevor Philips Enterprises". Rarely, he can be heard saying "TP Conglomerate" like in the mission Scouting the Port.
- Trevor's favorite radio stations are Channel X and Los Santos Rock Radio. This can be assumed because during the mission "Crystal Maze", upon hearing Non-Stop-Pop FM playing, he exclaims that "the music's all wrong" and switches to Channel X which he says is "more like it", and Los Santos Rock Radio plays on the radio in his trailer, Floyd's Apartment, and his liquor store/meth lab.
- Judging from in-game animation, he also likes Rebel Radio.
- Switching to Trevor from another character is a crapshoot. While Michael and Franklin will usually be involved in mundane tasks or simply driving around, Trevor is often in the midst of some unusual activities, from asking a homeless man if he would like a handjob to waking up drunk in a dress at the peak of Mount Gordo. One frequent scenario is being chased by the police; this further disables switching characters until the wanted level is dealt with.
- In GTA Online, if playing as a female character, Trevor will get angry because he claims the character's ruining his business without calling, writing or sending an "Inappropriate selfie of your tits". He will then tell the character that he loves her.
- The only time Trevor ever mentions his deceased brother Ryan is when talking to a man dressed as a zombie on Vinewood Boulevard in which he comments "You remind me of my brother Ryan.".
- This also makes him the only Grand Theft Auto V protagonist to have a known sibling.
- Trevor sleeps for the longest time of all the 3 characters. When saving the game as Trevor, the game skips ahead 12 hours. Franklin sleeps for 8, while Michael sleeps for 6. One of the withdrawal symptoms of methamphetamine is sleepiness and fatigue which may explain why he sleeps the longest.
- Trevor is the only protagonist not to be involved in all of the heists throughout out the storyline. He is not involved in The Jewel Store Job, since he had yet to be unlocked as a playable character, and isn't involved in the The Bureau Raid, due to his feud with Michael.
- If the player visits the in-game website PsychicShoutout and speaks with Miss Marcy as Trevor, he will hold his own penis and ask her what he is holding in his hand. She will describe his penis as small, frayed with over use and special for him, making Trevor impressed that she guessed right. Miss Marcy will then ask Trevor if his mother is proud of him, which immediately makes Trevor very angry at her for mentioning his mother, he asks what she knows about his mother and if she is alive or coming through Miss Marcy. Miss Marcy then ends the conversation.
- Trevor is the only protagonist who can never enter Los Santos International Airport without obtaining a wanted level, as he is unable to purchase a hangar there, because he owns one (two if the McKenzie Field Hangar is purchased) in Blaine County.
- Sometimes, the LSPD can be heard taunting Trevor personally over the loudspeaker, shouting things like "Get down right now, Trevor!". This implies that he has had enough run-ins with the LSPD for them to know him personally.
- Ironically, despite being the most violent of the trio and the most willing to take risks, Trevor fulfills the "less" dangerous role in 3 of the 4 heists in which he is present. In The Merryweather Heist (Freighter option) he stays behind with the mini-submarine while Michael and Franklin fight the soldiers. In Blitz Play he stays back and provides cover while again, Franklin and Michael fight the police officers and in The Big Score (obvious approach) he flies the chopper to transport the gold while Michael simulates a robbery in the Union Depository and Franklin actually steals the gold. This could be because of his potent distrust in Michael, fearing that he could be betrayed once more by his former partner if he didn't have eyes on him at all times. However, it could simply be due to him being the most-skilled pilot of the group, as he was military-trained.
- In "Blitz Play", he says "As long as I am not on the ground when the shit goes down.".
- Sometimes, when visiting Sandy Shores as Franklin or Michael, he can appear in his yard drunk, drinking alcohol and throwing Grenades. If the player switches to Trevor while he is doing this, the grenades will disappear and he will have sobered up.
- The police will not react to him, even if he kills a sheriff. Also, Trevor will not stop throwing grenades, even if the player is in the way. Interestingly, his grenades will knock cars and trucks around, as the grenades are scripted to land in the same place.
- During friendship activities with Franklin, Trevor reveals that if he wasn't expelled from school, he may have had a profession in the arts, such as a singer or an artist. He claims that he has something "very big" to tell the world, but doesn't quite know what it is.
- Trevor has a spade tattoo on his right forearm and a dagger tattoo on his left hand on his artworks, despite not having them in the final game. It is possible to buy two dagger tattoos in the game, one for each forearm. The dagger on his right forearm in the game is the one that's pictured on his left one in the artwork, and the dagger on his left forearm in the game has a dragon around it.
- Trevor's personality is likely based on the character Waingro from the movie Heat.
- Only one of Trevor's default tattoos can be removed: "R.I.P Michael". This was most likely done so that players could remove/replace the tattoo once Trevor discovered that Michael was still alive, and after Trevor found out about Brad's death in Bury the Hatchet, the player would make the "Betraying Scroll" tattoo on his left chest.
- One of Trevor's screenshots below shows him wearing a green bandanna. However, Trevor never acquires the mask in actual gameplay, and bandannas can only be worn by Franklin.
- Trevor's signature color is orange.
- The selection of the protagonist's signature colors may also be a reflection of the character's personalities and/or their individual story arcs. Orange is the color of amusement and madness, reflecting Trevor's chaotic and eccentric lifestyle, his destructive habits and his persistent dark humor.
- Trevor can wear Patricia Madrazo's clothes, they are found in his wardrobe. They could be a symbol of remembrance to him of Patricia or suggest he likes wearing women's clothing, as he can also wear dresses.
- Unlike Michael and Franklin, at the social club overview page, Trevor's business card amusingly states "None of your business card".
- Despite being scared of clowns, Trevor can get a large tattoo of a clown on his torso with some text reading "Sleep Tight!".
- If Trevor comes into close proximity of any The Lost M.C. members, they will immediately turn hostile towards him. This is particularly an issue when driving past Hookies where gang members often hang out and they're often also seen driving away from the restaurant as Trevor approaches.
- Trevor is offended when people mock him for being Canadian, but he commonly teases others who have accents. This is seen when Mrs. Thornhill says Car park as opposed to the American term Parking lot and "lorry" for the semi-truck in "Vinewood Souvenirs - Al Di Napoli", to which Trevor puts on a high-pitched English accent and repeats Car park and when he talks with Wei Cheng, when he mocks his Chinese accent.
- It is possible to see Trevor's genitals when he is wearing a dress, making it the second instance in Grand Theft Auto history that genitalia are exposed, after Thomas Stubbs III during the cutscene of "Politics" in The Lost and Damned. They are also briefly seen in the opening cutscene of "Scouting the Port", as well as being able to be seen in "By the Book" if the player starts the mission as Michael.
- When following him as Franklin or Michael, he will headbutt whoever is controlled by the player.
- This is in contrast to Michael and Franklin, when following them as controlling another protagonist, Michael or Franklin (depends on who is being followed) will punch whoever is being controlled.
- There are several instances where Trevor's death is foreshadowed, by others and even himself. All of which reference the alternate ending mission Something Sensible in some way.
- In one of his dialogues when talking to a random pedestrian, or when driving a vehicle and flipping off a random driver, he may say "Why hasn't someone sensible shot you yet?".
- During the mission By the Book, if Trevor chooses not to inject Kerimov with the adrenaline shot after he loses consciousness from being tortured, a unique "Mission Failed" cutscene will play where Steve Haines will notice that Kerimov had died, and after a brief argument with Trevor, he will end the confrontation saying "Because soon, I'll put an end to your little charade..." before leaving. This is a hint towards Steve's view of Trevor as a liability and thus was the reason he ordered Franklin to kill him, deeming him as being too "uncontrollable" and "insane".
- In GTA Online, during the Heist setup mission Series A - Steal Meth, Trevor will warn the player after stealing the Tanker that the Meth juice inside is really flammable, and to try and not let the O'Neil Brothers shoot it too much. He then brushes off this danger with the sarcastic remark "But, hey, it's your flaming carcass, not mine.".
- If Trevor meets Franklin before The Merryweather Heist, Franklin will become hostile and shoot Trevor, and vice versa.
- If Trevor meets Franklin after The Time's Come, Trevor will refer to Franklin as a "traitor", and threaten him.
- When viewing Trevor's "Mullet" hairstyle in the mirror, his bald spot has more hair on top, similar to how he wore his hair in 2004.
- According to himself, he was dead for five minutes after putting an axe into a power cable.
- Despite that Trevor sends contact missions and makes calls/texts through the GTA Online Protagonist's phone, he is the only character that is never added to the player's contacts list from the phone.
- Trevor is the least likely to change clothes automatically when switching characters, showing his little regard for hygiene or cleanliness.
- Trevor holds the position as the only GTA protagonist to have canonically killed another protagonist, as he murdered Johnny Klebitz of The Lost and Damned.
- Trevor is the protagonist who encounters most other protagonists in the series, with 4 (Michael De Santa, Johnny Klebitz, Franklin Clinton, and GTA Online Protagonist)
- Unique to Trevor, he expresses anger when calling a phone number only to hear the "busy" tone, yelling quotes such as "bullshit!" or "well I'll be fucked!". These quotes are the same as when the player runs out of ammunition for a weapon, or when an angry NPC is trying to attack him while he is in a vehicle.
- Confirmed to be alive in 2017 by Ron Jakowski at the cutscene after purchasing the Hangar in the GTA Online: Smuggler's Run DLC.
The Third Way is confirmed to be the canon ending in a dialogue from the mission Casino - Strong Arm Tactics. It is also highly implied that he is still dealing methamphetamine in 2019 in a dialogue from the mission Casino - Loose Cheng It is likely that Chef is still working with Trevor as of 2021, implied by Moodymann in The Lost Contract.
- “My cousin used to work on a carnival.”— Trevor taking a ride on the roller coaster.
- Gold Medal requirement for Mr. Philips mission confirmed canon in GTA Online: Bikers.
- GameInformer December issue.
- - Info from POLYGON about Trevor,
- - Info from Guardian.
-  - Info from a translated interview with Dan Houser.
-  - Another translated interview with Dan Houser.