|For the clothing company, see Tree|
|This article needs more images|
You can help by adding some relevant images or discussing changes on the talk page.
Trees are plants with a large stem or "trunk" that supports large limbs called branches that in turn have leaves. Trees have appeared in every GTA game since Grand Theft Auto 2. Trees are indestructible to the player and can not be destroyed nor damaged, except some roadside trees in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. In some GTA games such as GTA San Andreas, trees grow naturally in the wilderness. There are many different species of trees in the GTA games, ranging from the towering redwoods in GTA San Andreas to the stalky, leafy maple trees found predominantly throughout Grand Theft Auto IV.
Trees have the property to be unbreakable and nondestructive, compared with other elements in-game like certain signs or poles, they're considered solid objects and can't be modified or damaged in any way.
List of tree species found in the GTA series
- Coast Redwood (Sequoia semiviperens) (Found in GTA San Andreas & GTA V)
- Maple Tree (Acer sp.) (Found in GTA IV, GTA San Andreas)
- Oak Tree (Quercus sp. (Found in GTA IV, GTA San Andreas, GTA V)
- Palm Tree (Found in GTA San Andreas, GTA Vice City, GTA V)
- Sycamore Tree (Plantanus orientalis) (Found only in GTA IV)
- Pine Tree (Pinus sp.) (Found in GTA IV, GTA San Andreas)
- Joshua Tree (Yucca brevifolia) (Found in GTA San Andreas, GTA V)
- Giant Sequoia (Sequoiadendron giganteum) (Found only in GTA V)
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Grand Theft Auto V
- In the original PlayStation 2 release of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, a glitch with the draw distance causes the tall redwood trees to pop up too late, causing players to accidentally crash planes into them. This glitch was fixed in the PC and Xbox versions.
- ↑ \models\gta3.img\Ash1_hi
- ↑ \models\gta3.img\Elmtreegrn_hi
- ↑ \models\gta3.img\Elmdead_hi
- ↑ \models\gta3.img\Elmred_hi
- ↑ \models\gta3.img\sm_fir_tallgroup
- ↑ \models\gta3.img\pinetreeXX
- ↑ \x64i.rpf\levels\gta5\props\vegetation\v_trees.rpf\prop_tree_lficus_XX.ydr
- ↑ \x64i.rpf\levels\gta5\props\vegetation\v_trees.rpf\prop_tree_eucalip_01.ydr
- ↑ \x64i.rpf\levels\gta5\props\vegetation\v_trees.rpf\prop_tree_cypress_01.ydr
- ↑ \x64i.rpf\levels\gta5\props\vegetation\v_trees.rpf\prop_tree_cedar_XX.ydr
- ↑ \x64i.rpf\levels\gta5\props\vegetation\v_trees.rpf\prop_tree_eng_oak_XX.ydr
- ↑ \x64i.rpf\levels\gta5\props\vegetation\v_trees.rpf\prop_tree_maple_02.ydr
- ↑ \x64i.rpf\levels\gta5\props\vegetation\v_trees.rpf\prop_tree_maple_03.ydr
- ↑ \x64i.rpf\levels\gta5\props\vegetation\v_trees.rpf\prop_tree_olive_01.ydr
- ↑ \x64i.rpf\levels\gta5\props\vegetation\v_trees.rpf\prop_tree_jacada_XX.ydr
- ↑ \x64i.rpf\levels\gta5\props\vegetation\v_trees.rpf\prop_tree_birch_XX.ydr