|This article or section refers to "enhanced version" content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is absent on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
- "Ever wake up and know it was going to be one of those days? Well this time it's not just a sinking feeling - you really are plunging hundreds of feet into the Pacific. Up to four teams compete on a rapidly shrinking arena. Take someone out and they restart in the red zone, with only a few seconds before they're just another drop in the ocean. Last team standing wins."
- ―In-game description
- "The brand new Trap Door mode is the latest blood sport to sweep Los Santos, where teams strapped with an arsenal of weaponry compete on a rapidly shrinking floating platform high above the Pacific. Every kill banishes your enemies to respawn in the dreaded red zone – a purgatory area that only gives you scant seconds to escape back to the mainland before the rug is pulled out from under you and your fatal plummet begins."
- ―Rockstar Games Newswire description.
The large platforms are divided into multiple sections. At the start of a round, a section will turn red and become the "red zone", and will disappear after 30 seconds. Then, another section will turn red and the process repeats. A 30-second timer is present at the top center of the screen, notifying players when the platform will vanish.
Every time a player is killed, they will respawn in the red zone. If they do not make it off the platform in time, they will fall into the ocean, eliminating them - this is the only way a player can be eliminated. There are pickups scattered around the platforms, such as Carbine Rifles, Assault Shotguns, Sniper Rifles, and Body Armor, which can aid players in eliminating the enemy.
The only team that still has members on the platforms wins the round.
There are seven Trap Door missions in GTA Online, each taking place in a different location, which are as follows:
|Trap Door I takes place above the Alamo Sea.|
|Trap Door II takes place near Vespucci Beach.|
|Trap Door III takes place near Terminal.|
|Trap Door IV takes place near Elysian Island.|
|Trap Door V takes place near Procopio Beach.|
|Trap Door VI takes place near the San Chianski Mountain Range.|
|Trap Door VII takes place near Palomino Highlands.|
- Trap Door I on Social Club
- Trap Door II on Social Club
- Trap Door III on Social Club
- Trap Door IV on Social Club
- Trap Door V on Social Club
- Trap Door VI on Social Club
- Trap Door VII on Social Club