— Tracey De Santa in Complications.
Tracey De Santa, formerly Tracey Townley, is a character in the Grand Theft Auto series who appears as a main character in Grand Theft Auto V, and makes a minor appearance on the Fame or Shame TV Show in Grand Theft Auto Online.
In 1991, Tracey was born to Michael and Amanda De Santa. In 1993, she became an older sister when her brother Jimmy De Santa was born. While Michael was leading a career in bank robbing, Tracey and her family lived in a trailer park somewhere in the Midwest. Tracey and Jimmy became acquainted with Michael's partner-in-crime, Trevor Philips, who promised to hurt anyone who ever wronged Tracey, when she sat in his lap at one point. In 2004, Michael, fearing for his family's safety and wanting to start over, faked his death during a failed robbery in Ludendorff, North Yankton, and moved his family to Los Santos. During this time, her relationship with her family became strained due to her parents disapproving of her choice of lifestyle (including less than stellar boyfriends and several attempts to make porn) and Jimmy's frequent attempts to demean her.
Events of Grand Theft Auto V
— Tracey to Michael.
Afterwards, while Michael tries to relax by the pool, he put on earbuds playing music to drown out the sound of Tracey arguing with Amanda about how her then boyfriend, Gary Scales, can't sleepover that night because Amanda thinks that he's a "bum", and accuses him of being homeless. Tracey angrily denies this, screaming that he just doesn't have anywhere else to stay. However, she breaks up with him on the same day, as seen on her Lifeinvader.
Later, after Michael and Jimmy finish a bike race to the Del Perro Pier, Jimmy informs Michael that Tracey was out meeting some guys from the porn industry in a yacht near the pier. Michael then swims to the yacht and finds Tracey in the middle of a mini-party, dancing on a table while several of the producers watch. He disrupts the party and tells Tracey to leave with him after throwing one of the producers overboard, despite Tracey's protests. Michael steals a Seashark to take him and Tracey ashore, but they are chased by Blake and Freddy, two of the producers. Eventually, after either losing or killing the pursuers, Michael leaves Tracey with Jimmy at the beach.
Later, as she tries to watch Fame or Shame, Michael enters the room to watch Jay Norris's speech at the Vinewood Bowl. Tracey doesn't want to change the channel, forcing Michael to angrily shoo her off the couch and out of the room.
Later, Tracey auditions for Fame or Shame without telling her parents, but Michael and the recently arrived Trevor find out from Jimmy. When they learn Tracey was auditioning as a dancer, Michael and Trevor, knowing Tracey will embarrass herself due to her lack of dancing skills, head to the Maze Bank Arena, where the audition is being held. When they arrive, Tracey is being introduced to the judges by the host, Lazlow. Tracey performs an erotic dance and Lazlow joins in, enraging both Michael and Trevor. They interrupt the audition and chase Lazlow from the Arena. Afterwards, Tracey calls Michael and berates him for "ruining her life". She seems to move out, as her room appears empty.
Leaving her father
— Tracey in a call to Michael after the mission Did Somebody Say Yoga?
After Michael gets into a fight with Amanda's yoga instructor, Fabien LaRouche, Amanda and Jimmy leave. A phone call with Tracey afterwards reveals that she convinced Amanda to leave Michael and move to Fabien's place. Tracey also tells Michael that that she is worried about him, to which Michael responds that she has no idea what she’s talking about.
During Michael's family's absence, Tracey shows that she cares about her father, either sending e-mails asking how Michael is and telling him how her life with Fabien is going, along with posting on Michael's Lifeinvader page, asking if he is still alive. However, if Michael tries to call her, she angrily tells him to leave her alone, before hanging up. It's also implied by her new voicemail message that she starts doing pornographic shows via a webcam.
- Michael: "Hey, guy was talking smack to your mother."
- Tracey: "Well, I applaud you, Pop."
- ―Michael and Tracey on the way to Dr. Friedlander.
Eventually, Michael decides to convince his family to move back in with him. He and Jimmy go to the Blazing Tattoo studio to take Tracey to a family therapy session, but find her there begging Lazlow for another chance in the Fame or Shame TV program. Lazlow says that he will let her on the show if she gives him a blowjob, which Michael overhears, causing him to attack Lazlow and forcibly pierce his nose, ear and brow, along with tattooing a penis on either his back or chest. He finally ends the humiliating experience by cutting off Lazlow's ponytail. Lazlow, in a panic, agrees to allow Tracey back on Fame or Shame, and Tracey, impressed by her father's devotion, agrees in going with the rest of the family to a therapy session with Dr. Friedlander's. Afterwards, Tracey, along with Amanda and Jimmy agree to move back in with Michael.
At some point later on, Tracey calls Michael and asks him to help deal with a stalker from the internet, who had been following her. If Michael agrees to help, they will go to different areas in Vinewood looking for the stalker. Once they find him, Michael can either kill him or let him go. If Michael spares him, Tracey asks if she can talk about how Michael stood up to the stalker online, but Michael says no. If Michael kills the stalker, Tracey angrily tells him that she just wanted him to chase the stalker away, not kill him. Regardless of what Michael does, she will still be happy that her father helped her. If Michael doesn't agree to help her, she will pay a couple of guys to beat up the stalker, taking money from Michael's bank account to do so.
Finally, after Michael indirectly caused the death of Molly Schultz, the lawyer of billionaire Devin Weston, Merryweather Security operatives are sent to kill Tracey and Amanda in retaliation. Michael rushes home and kills all the Merryweather mercenaries to save his family. Amanda, Jimmy and Tracey once again leave, this time for their own personal safety.
Tracey can be later seen on the in-game TV, appearing on Fame or Shame, where she sings a song called "Daddy Issues", which is mainly about Michael. Before the show goes to commercials, Lazlow briefly tells the judges to pick her as the winner, as he fears Michael will be mad if they don't. Three Masturbating Monkeys wins the show, much to Jimmy's pleasure as he makes fun of Tracey on her Lifeinvader page about it.
— Tracey on Michael's LifeInvader page, about their relationship.
Tracey begins studying for college and, in a conversation while hanging out with Jimmy, Michael says that when he becomes a famous movie producer, he might turn Tracey into a movie star.
Tracey makes no further appearances.
Franklin, on orders from Devin Weston to kill Michael, lures him out to the desert, telling him that he wants to talk. When Michael arrives, before Franklin can reveal that he actually brought him there to kill him, Michael gets a call from Amanda, who tells Michael that Tracey had been accepted into college. Michael does not have the chance to congratulate her for it, as Franklin kills him afterwards.
After the events of Grand Theft Auto V
Throughout Grand Theft Auto Online, reruns of her episode on Fame or Shame continue to be played on TV. At some point, she gets her own T-shirt merchandise that can be bought in clothing stores.
Tracey's true personality is hard to define, as she is quite upset about many things in-game, including having bad relationships with the members of her family, who disapprove of her behavior. She appears to be very spoiled, obnoxious, and immature, and is portrayed as a stereotypical "daddy's girl". She is known to be rebellious in her actions against her parents, and even going as far as auditioning for Fame or Shame without their approval. She is an example of the valley girl stereotype.
Tracey is also shown to be quite naive and dim-witted, often fitting the role of a stereotypical dumb blonde. Her dialogue is almost always used for comic relief. Her sheep-like nature gives her the impression that everyone, including those outside of her family, has her own best interests in mind. When things do not go according to her standards, she is usually rendered shocked and throws a tantrum, usually screaming and pounding her fists on the floor, blaming everyone that is "ruining her life".
Despite her rebellious, childish, obstreperous, and above all, disagreeable behavior, she has some sense of decency. There have been moments throughout the storyline where she has shown respect and compassion towards her father, through e-mails and text messages, worrying about his safety when he is in danger and missing him when he is separated from his family. Despite crashing her audition for Fame or Shame, she still prefers him as a father figure over Fabien.
Unlike the rest of her family, Tracey has blonde hair (however, this may be dyed as her eyebrows are black). She has three sets of tattoos, one on her shoulder, a near vertical line of stars on the back of her neck and another on her lower back (commonly known as a "tramp stamp"). She also has a butterfly on the top of her left foot.
- Tracey owns a yellow Issi with a silver stripe down the middle. Like all of the De Santa family vehicles, it will always spawn at Michael's Safehouse while they are living there. It will retain all modifications, both performance improving and cosmetic, when it respawns if destroyed or abandoned. This Issi has custom number plates reading "P3RSEUS", referencing Perseus, the high end fashionable clothing brand feature in Grand Theft Auto IV.
- GTA V
- Daddy's Little Girl
- Friend Request
- Fame or Shame
- Did Somebody Say Yoga? (Voice/Hallucination; and Post-mission phone call)
- Minor Turbulence (Post-mission e-mail)
- Reuniting the Family
- Doting Dad (Boss; optional)
- If the player calls Tracey after the mission Fame or Shame her voicemail message will refer to herself as "Tracey Suxxx", and mention that she works a phone sex service via a webcam. The name "Suxxx" is a possible reference to Candy Suxxx from Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.
- This message will no longer play after the events of Reuniting the Family.
- It can be assumed she also livestreams herself having sexual intercourse while her parents are out, sometimes even inviting viewers over to have sex with her on camera. Michael's dialogue during the mission Doting Dad reveals that he is seemingly unaware of the videos.
- In her bedroom, above her wardrobe, there is a picture of a much younger Tracey, wearing what appears to be a school uniform, hinting that she went to a private school.
- In addition, a picture of a dog can be seen in her bedroom, hinting that the De Santas had a pet before the events of GTA V.
- This same picture is also seen in the living room of the household.
- Her phone number is 273-555-0168.
- Tracey's favorite radio station is Non-Stop-Pop FM.
- If Tracey is at home, the player can witness some interesting activities. Sometimes when approaching the front door, Tracey will storm out from the side of the house either complaining that her car has no gas, or that she's angry that Jimmy keeps borrowing her car. Other times, she can be found in her room, lying on her bed and using her laptop or talking on the phone. And on rare occasions, she can be found in the bathroom vomiting into the toilet while saying "no one wants a fat daughter" (this implies she has an eating disorder). Tracey can also be found on the stairs drunk, claiming that she loves her father and he's the 'best father in the world'. Michael has the option to give her $50. Also, she can be found by the swimming pool sunbathing. She can also be seen in front of the TV trying to do a dance routine and "beating" herself up when she makes a mistake and starts over again. Before the mission Friend Request, Tracey can be seen hogging the TV and occasionally exclaim, "I'm so much more interesting than these people!".
- After completing Daddy's Little Girl it may be possible to find Tracey in her bedroom doorway with a young man. She will slam the door on Michael and he'll be locked out of her room, after which moaning and other suggestive sounds that indicate she's having sex with the man she brought home can be heard.
- If Franklin or Trevor steal Tracey's car, Michael will text them saying "My daughter's car? You're a dick". This will also happen even if the player drives a different Issi into the driveway and drives off in it again, possibly the result of a glitch.
- Tracey is one of the only characters to mention one of the protagonists Special Ability, as she indirectly mentions Michael's during the mission Daddy's Little Girl when she yells as the people chasing her, sometimes saying 'My dad never misses!', referring to the fact that Michael's special ability helps with accuracy. However, he cannot use his special ability while driving a vehicle.
- If the bathroom is locked in Michael's House, using a tall vehicle to see into the bathroom window from the outside reveals Tracey inside smoking.
- Despite not being able to hang out with Tracey, Michael can call his daughter after the completion of several missions, some of them being Daddy's Little Girl and Did Somebody Say Yoga?.
- In one of Michael's character switch scenes, he will give Tracey some money and she will leave Michael's car and proceed to walk down the street, where she will eventually stop and start smoking. If the player punches her, she will fight back. If the player kills her, she will not text Michael to pay the medical bills. This is probably due to the fact that at this point, Tracey is considered an ordinary NPC.
- Sometimes when switching to Michael, Tracey and Amanda will be seen coming through the front door of the house with some shopping bags and warmly greeting Michael.
- Unlike Jimmy and Amanda, Tracey will not respond if Michael speaks to her.
- Tracey has apparently had breast implant surgery. When driving recklessly with her in the same vehicle, she may sometimes exclaim that she could "rupture an implant."
- The player is able to find Tracey in the list of the top Fame or Shame acts. The list is stating: "We're not sure what her talent is, but our host fawns over her so she must be doing something right".