|This article or section refers to "enhanced version" content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is absent on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
- "Record the fastest time possible, with a new course to master every week that awards you GTA$ and RP for beating our target time or your own personal best - and a championship worthy haul if you can take down the World Record."
Time Trials are short races from one location to another. The goal is to beat a par time, rewarding the player with money and reputation. A purple corona will highlight the starting point, which can be seen on the map as a purple stopwatch icon. There are no checkpoints, meaning the player can take any path they want to reach the finishing point.
The race is live and one-man only, meaning that other players can see the player racing in the freemode session. To avoid interruptions by others, the player is switched to passive mode.
If the player took a wrong turn or ran out of time, they can hold F (PC), Y (Xbox One), or Triangle (PlayStation 4) to restart the race. The player will then be placed at the purple corona and have the option to start the race again.
Time Trials are unique and change every week (real-time). Once the player has beaten the par time, the time trial becomes unavailable and reappears after a while. Any further successful attempt on beating the par time will only give the consolation money ($1,000-$4,000).
Until February 2, 2016, at total of 22 Time Trials were released. A week later, the list was started all over again, beginning with Del Perro Pier.
Certain vehicles, such as the Oppressor and the Deluxo, can't be used for Time Trials. As of the Diamond Casino & Resort update, all weaponized vehicles and special vehicles can no longer be used. In the same update, changes were made so that beating the par time will now award the player $100,000 and not $50,000.
With the Peyote Gasser Week event, 10 new Time Trials were added to the game, with the first one being Elysian Island.
|No.||Time Trial||Location||Par Time||Description|
Del Perro Pier
|From the Del Perro Pier to the Land Act Dam.|
|From the Galileo Observatory to the McKenzie Airfield.|
Great Ocean Highway
|From a car park in Rockford Hills to Hookies.|
|From the beginning of the Mount Gordo trail to the peak of Mount Gordo.|
End to End
|From the south-east corner of Terminal to Procopio Promenade, Paleto Bay.|
|From the Fort Zancudo Approach Road to the top of Vinewood Hills near the Vinewood Sign.|
|From the south to the north of the Los Santos Storm Drain.|
|From the Paleto Forest Sawmill to the top of Mount Chiliad.|
|From the Paleto Forest Sawmill to Davis Quartz.|
|From Cypress Flats to the RON Alternates Wind Farm.|
|From Procopio Beach to North Chumash.|
Maze Bank Arena
|From the Maze Bank Arena to the Sisyphus Theater.|
|From Tongva Drive to Dorset Drive, Richman.|
Coast to Coast
|From the Chiliad Mountain State Wilderness to Cape Catfish.|
|From the Vinewood Casino/The Diamond Casino & Resort to Lake Vinewood Estates.|
|From Larry's RV Sales, Route 68, to the RON gas station near Lago Zancudo|
|From the top of a multistorey car park in Los Santos International Airport to the White Water Activity Center, Tongva Valley.|
|From the junction between Joshua Road and Calafia Road, Grand Senora Desert, to North Calafia Way near Grapeseed.|
|From the Vinewood Bowl to the Sonar Collections Dock, Paleto Cove.|
|From the Palmer-Taylor Power Station to Nikola Place, Mirror Park.|
|From Hookies to Calafia Road.|
|Down Mount Chiliad in the eastern direction.|
|From Elysian Island to Palomino Highlands.|
|From the Vinewood Sign in Galileo Park to the Kortz Center.|
|From Stab City to West Vinewood.|
|From near the Vinewood Sign to Chumash.|
|From Grove Street to Rockford Hills.|
|From LSIA to the Galileo Observatory.|
|From the Los Santos County Coroner Office to the Hill Valley Cemetery.|
Elysian Island II
|From Elysian Island to the Del Perro Pier.|
- When attempting a Time Trial, pick a vehicle which suits the situation at hand. Fast motorcycles and Supers are the ideal choices for Time Trials, ideally fully upgraded.
- Start during day time; most of the time trials pass through or end in unlit areas, and headlights aren't too efficient, which could put the player at risk of crashing.
- Most Time Trials require some level of speed conservation. Avoid unnecessary collisions with traffic and be light on the brakes when heading into corners. Additionally, traffic can be unpredictable as often times, they will change lanes or commit careless driving that can pose a risk to the player if they're not careful.
- Particularly for End to End and Storm Drain, pulling wheelies, whether constantly or one giant one, will result in a major increase in both acceleration and top speed. Be sure to pull wheelies whenever possible, even if it means taking a risk. Be mindful when choosing motorcycles as some, such as the Hakuchou Drag, are incapable of pulling off wheelies.