- “Marty wants to see me? Well it better be quick because I have to get my hair done.”
- — Mrs. Chonks before her death.
The Wife is a mission in Grand Theft Auto III given to the protagonist, Claude by Bitch'n' Dog Food Factory owner Marty Chonks from a public telephone outside the factory in Trenton, Portland Island, Liberty City.
Marty Chonks continues in his money problems, and tells Claude that his wife has an insurance policy that he wants to claim. This would also stop his wife from spending vast amounts of money that he doesn't have.
Claude goes inside the factory premises to get an Esperanto and drives over to Classic Nails in the Red Light District, where he picks up Mrs. Chonks. He drives her back to the Bitch'n' Dog Food Factory, where she is killed by Marty and turned into dog food. Marty tells Claude to dump the car into the waters near Portland Beach and Saint Mark's in order to get rid of any evidence, which Claude does. This is a reference to the insult "Fish Wife".
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Get in the car
- Go and collect Mrs. Chonks
- Take her to the Bitch'n' Dog Food Factory
- Take the car and dump it into the sea, this will get rid of any evidence.
- Although the mission passed message gives a reward of $2,000, the player will receive $3,000.
- This mission, along the rest of Marty Chonks' string of missions are a reference of the 1989 romantic crime drama The Cook, The Thief, His Wife & Her Lover.