|This article or section refers to "enhanced version" content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is absent on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
- "Forget APVs, forget reinforced hypercars, forget tanks, forget planes: if you're going up against Los Santos' finest, an Issi Classic is the only game in town.
Each round, one fugitive takes the hipstermobile on the run, while everyone else jumps in a squad car to serve justice as only the LSPD know how. It only ends one of two ways: the runner gets all the checkpoints, or a fresh spot in the morgue."
- ―In-game description.
The Vespucci Job is an Adversary Mode featured in Grand Theft Auto Online as part of the continuation of the Southern San Andreas Super Sport Series update, released on April 17, 2018, during The Vespucci Job Week event.
- "The battle between predator and prey is one of nature’s most stirring sights: wolf chases elk, lion chases antelope, fleet of police cruisers chase diminutive vintage car. Two teams take to the streets in The Vespucci Job: either you’re the lunatic on the run in the new Issi Classic, trying to hit every checkpoint in time - or you’re a squad car right behind and looking to blow a lot more than the doors off.
As the runner, look to take advantage of narrow alleyways and tight turns to shake the heat while they coordinate with each other to plot your demise. [...]"
- ―Rockstar Newswire description.
In this Adversary Mode, players are divided into two teams - a Runner and up to three Interceptors. The former is given a customised Weeny Issi Classic, while the Interceptor team is given Vapid Police Cruisers.
The Runner is tasked with collecting 15 checkpoints in under five minutes. These are scattered around a part of the map, usually in alleyways and various pathways.
The Interceptor(s) must impede the Runner from collecting these checkpoints, by crashing into them. If these successfully trap their rival, the Runner has the option of reseting (and freeing) their car, but this will remove 20 seconds from the timer.
If the Runner collects all the checkpoints, they win the round. If the timer runs out, however, the Interceptors win.
There are seven The Vespucci Job missions in GTA Online, each taking place in a different location, which are as follows:
|The Vespucci Job I takes place in West Vinewood, Del Perro, Richards Majestic, and Morningwood.|
|The Vespucci Job II takes place in West Vinewood, Rancho, Strawberry, and Chamberlain Hills.|
|The Vespucci Job III takes place in West Vinewood and Hawick.|
|The Vespucci Job IV takes place in Terminal.|
|The Vespucci Job V takes place in West Vinewood and Rockford Hills.|
|The Vespucci Job VI takes place in West Vinewood, Textile City, Mission Row, Pillbox Hill, and Legion Square.|
|The Vespucci Job VII takes place in Vespucci Canals, La Puerta, and Vespucci.|
- The Adversary Mode's name and use of Issi Classics is a reference to the 1969 film The Italian Job. In fact, the video game based on it was published by Rockstar Games.
- The Vespucci Job I on Social Club
- The Vespucci Job II on Social Club
- The Vespucci Job III on Social Club
- The Vespucci Job IV on Social Club
- The Vespucci Job V on Social Club
- The Vespucci Job VI on Social Club
- The Vespucci Job VII on Social Club