- "I got this notion that the Sicilians don't want me to make it to court."
- ― Salvatore Leone
The Shoreside Redemption is the penultimate storyline mission in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories given to protagonist Toni Cipriani by Leone Family member Don Salvatore Leone from his prison cell in Pike Creek, Shoreside Vale, Liberty City.
Salvatore is going to court and he knows that the Sicilian Mafia won't want him to get there, believing he will be released. Toni follows the Securicar that Salvatore is being transported in, protecting him from attacks by the Sicilian Mafia. When he arrives at the courthouse in Belleville Park, Salvatore is found not guilty and released. Salvatore leaves, heading to his home in Saint Mark's and tells Toni to meet him there.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go get a police car
- Get into position at the station
- Escort the convoy to its destination
- Protect the transport van and make sure it arrives in one piece
- Take out the four blockades
- Various members of the Sicilian Mafia - Killed by Toni Cipriani for attempting to kill Salvatore Leone as he's being transported to the courthouse for his trial.
|PS2 Version||iOS Version|
- The mission's name is a reference to the 1994 film The Shawshank Redemption.
- The LCPD officers escorting Salvatore and the Securicar drivers wield Python revolvers instead of pistols.
- This is one of the few missions in the series where the police are allies of the player, though Toni will still receive a wanted level if he performs a drive-by shooting.
- The Sicilian gang members shown in the mission resembles the bodyguards of Nicole Horne, the main antagonist in Max Payne, another franchise published by Rockstar Games.