- "I like to know what's happening in the city. Some call it micro-management. I call it staying ahead of trouble. Now, there are some new guys selling too-pure coke all over. I wanna know who they are, and I want them gone. Busting a deal in Rancho would be a good place to start."
The team has to clear out several enemies and hack the vehicle's GPS marked on the map. This will take the team to El Burro Heights where a lot of enemies needs to be cleared from the depot. At least four cars come as backup for the enemies. After all the enemies are cleared, a laptop needs to be hacked in order to find the supplier of their drugs.
The team then heads to Los Santos Airport, whilst being chased by enemy cars, and needs to kill a lot of enemies in the hangar and steal the drugs. Two more enemies will be found upstairs where the drugs are. After obtaining the drugs, the team has to destroy the crew's vehicles, including several vans and two airplanes. More enemies will come in to kill the team. The team then needs to use the Buzzard outside the hangar to follow the supplier who flees in a jet. An enemy buzzard will come to attack the team. One of the players can call the Merryweather Security to help to clear out the rival's chopper. Just like before in El Burro Heights, once the player steals the coke, he needs to get quickly out of the hangar because the enemies spawns infinitely.
Once the supplier is dead, the team needs to go to Madrazo's house to complete the job.
- Ambush the drug deal.
- Check the vehicle's GPS.
- Go to the depot in El Burro Heights.
- Hack the laptop to trace the supplier.
- Go to the hangar at LSI Airport.
- Steal the coke.
- Destroy the crew's vehicles.
- Take out the supplier.
- Go to Madrazo's house.
- The Los Santos Connection is considered one of the longest and most challenging multiplayer missions in the game as it has several stages involving heavy enemy resistance, multiple enemy spawns (including an infinite spawn near the end), several long driving sections and even a computer hacking element. Furthermore, if the supplier escapes in his jet, the mission will be automatically failed.
- The long, green crates found at the first two locations contain packets of drugs. Each crate contains two packets and collecting them gives $500 per packet. The vans in the hanger also contain multiple drug packets, which can be picked up when the vans are destroyed.
- The mission's name is likely a reference to the film The French Connection, which concerns the international drug trade. It is also similar to the mission The Puerto Rican Connection from Grand Theft Auto IV, which was likewise an homage to the film.
- Near the laptop that has to be hacked, there is an open green shipping container containing a Health pack. It will respawn, useful in the case that multiple team members need health.
- Similarly, there is also Body armor near the coke in the airport hangar.
- You can blow up the enemy Buzzard before stealing the coke at LSX, making the journey to Madrazo's house a lot easier. The same helicopter can also be stolen and used to clear the hangar and to destroy the enemy vehicles.