- — GTA V description at Rockstar Games Social Club
- Stretch: "You ain't got no motherfucking respect."
- Franklin: "Motherfucker, I got respect for reality."
- ―Stretch arguing with Franklin.
Franklin meets Lamar at his house, who reintroduces Stretch, who seems to have just been released from prison. Franklin doesn't seem too happy about his comeback, which starts an argument with each other, but Lamar reminds them of business.
Franklin, Lamar, and Stretch head over to Ammu-Nation and purchase a Pump Shotgun with a flashlight accessory, in case the deal goes wrong (If Franklin cannot afford it, then Lamar will loan him $1500). They then drive to a warehouse, where they meet up with D, whom Franklin and Lamar kidnapped earlier with some help from Chop.
What at first appears as a deal turns out to be an ambush by the Ballas; D betrays them and Stretch shoots him in the head twice, killing him instantly. Franklin, Lamar, and Stretch then fight their way out, killing many groups of Ballas members and starting a fire inside. Then they realize that the police are just outside and have a police helicopter hovering over them. Franklin takes out the helicopter, then the trio makes their way to a nearby road, where they steal a vehicle to get away from the police.
The trio then drives back to Franklin's house after losing the cops.
- Go to Ammu-Nation.
- Buy a Pump Shotgun with a flashlight mod.
- Go to the meeting at the recycling plant.
- Escape the recycling plant.
- Escape the junkyard.
- Lose the Cops.
- Go back to Franklin's house.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Accuracy - Finish with a shooting accuracy of at least 60%.
- Performing non-headshots with a low damage weapon will allow Franklin to score more hits.
- Using a Shotgun on the other hand will land hits easier due to its spread.
- Headshots - Kill 10 enemies with a headshot.
- Aim for the head with the shotgun. Neck shots also count.
- Unmarked - Complete with minimal damage to health and armor.
- Prior to the final big room, using an automatic weapon will allow Franklin to drop foes before they can damage him.
- While in the final room, taking cover on the right hugging the wall will grant Franklin the most safety.
- Time - Complete within 10:30.
- D - Killed by Stretch for luring him, Franklin Clinton, and Lamar Davis into an ambush by the Ballas.
- Numerous members of the Ballas - Killed by Franklin Clinton, Lamar Davis, and Stretch for attempting to kill them in an ambush set up by D.
- All of the LSPD officers and pilots in the two Police Mavericks - Killed by Franklin Clinton for attempting to apprehend him, Lamar Davis, and Stretch.
- It is possible for Franklin to call Stretch at the end of the mission, in which the two will have an aggressive conversation.
- It is possible for Franklin to call Lamar at the end of the mission. Lamar wonders if Franklin has calmed down after the events of the mission, and Franklin says he is since he's rolling with professionals.
Los Santos Shepherd Newspaper
"Something went very wrong as a drug deal at a recycling plant in La Puerta descended in to a violent shootout, leaving several gang members dead and police confused as to what has caused these recent upsurge in extreme gang crime. The dead mostly seemed to be affiliated with the notorious Ballas gang. If this was an internecine struggle between different "sets" within the gang, or part of the Ballas eternal struggle with The Families, or a falling out with another of the city's many street gangs, is at this point unclear. The LSPD called for additional funding to look into the program and potentially restart some of their long since discredited anti-gang programs. Vinewood has applied for the movie rights to yesterday's events."
- Harold "Stretch" Joseph - "Whats this about you saying i set you up? Keep runnin your mouth like that you gonna take a fall."
- Lamar Davis - "Me, you and Stretch back in business! CGF makin it count baby!"
- Harold "Stretch" Joseph - "That shit at the warehouse today that's what happens when you try to be something you're not. Don't try to run before you can walk especially in shoes that you aint big enough to fill yet."
- @recyclehugo17 - "omfg insane shootout at the warehouse in rogers junkyard guy here says its ballas and families shit again sum wars never end."
Weazel News (Radio)
"A drug deal goes very wrong. Something went very wrong as a drug deal at a recycling plant in La Puerta turned into a violent shootout, leaving several gang members dead, and police confused as to what has caused this recent upsurge in extreme gang crime. The police have called for calm, and responded by flying a lot of helicopters over poor neighborhoods all night long in a show of community spirit."
- Scenes from this mission first appeared in the second GTA V trailer, and later in Franklin's character trailer.
- This is the first mission in the game in which it is required to destroy a helicopter or kill the armed soldiers in it. It is also the second mission which allows the player to kill police officers in the main story of GTA V, as you can kill North Yankton State Patrol officers in the Prologue.
- The driver of the Jackal can be spared if the player steals the car before Stretch shoots him.
- When Franklin leaves his house in the opening cutscene, there are a large amount of Families members on Forum Drive, even though in free roam, there is little Families presence near Franklin's house.
- If the player destroys the second police helicopter, the game may glitch and get rid of the wanted level, which is useful for the timing objective.
- Upon entering Ammu-Nation, Lamar will tell Franklin to "Get the shotty with the flashlight on it.". If Franklin already has a shotgun, Lamar will instead say "Get your shotty with the flashlight modification." If Franklin has a shotgun and has installed the flashlight prior to the mission, Lamar will simply say "Get some heat.".
- Franklin will always put on a jacket with jeans and shoes in this mission.
- In the remastered edition, Lamar and Stretch can be seen driving away after the mission ends. If the player shoots the car, Stretch will step out and open fire at him. However, the player cannot shoot Stretch.
- After losing the cops, the radio station will be tuned in to West Coast Classics, and the track "Still D.R.E." by Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg will always play.
- If the player takes Lamar's Emperor as a getaway car and abandons the Jackal, the Jackal will still appear near Franklin's house at the end of the mission, and Stretch and Lamar will drive away in this car. However, the Emperor will be still parked in the driveway, and can be stored in the player's garage.
- If players do this mission after Franklin gets his second house, he will still enter his old house as if he still lives there. Strangely, sometimes in the opening cutscene, his room will still have his belongings, but as soon as the scene ends, it will be empty. Thus, canonically, this mission happens before Franklin obtains his second house.
- After this mission, the Ammu-Nation clerk will become interested in Franklin, which starts a conversation between both of them if Franklin visits the store.
- This is the first mission where a character, a member (or leader) of a group, is executed by the Antagonist, the second being The Wrap Up, where Steve Haines kills Andreas Sanchez for informing Haines' superiors at the FIB of his corruption.
- When Stretch shoots D, his pistol has a more realistic firing sound.
- D can be seen clenching his left arm, where Chop bit him.
- In Franklin's trailer, Lamar originally wore his green cap backwards, and his T-shirt had the logo of the San Andreas Magnetics on it.
- According to Shawn Fonteno, an earlier version of this mission had Franklin shooting D instead of Stretch.