- "I ain't scared of nobody, but a motherfucker says he's gonna kill me? Then a motherfucker's gonna die."
- ― Playboy X
The Holland Play is the final mission given by Playboy X to Niko Bellic in Grand Theft Auto IV. He requests that Niko kill Dwayne Forge. However, Dwayne also asks Niko to kill Playboy X. A decision must be made regarding who to kill. The outcomes for each decision are very different.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Kill PLAYBOY X or DWAYNE
Kill Playboy X
- Take down Playboy
- Take out Dwayne
Niko Bellic speaks to Playboy X at his apartment. Playboy asks him to kill Dwayne, and Niko says he will think about it.
Soon afterwards, Niko will receive a call from Dwayne (or the player can call him to save the wait), asking him to kill Playboy. The player must choose whether to kill Playboy or Dwayne. Playboy will eventually call Niko (or again, the player can call him himself to save time), and a red 'X' and 'D' will appear over Playboy and Dwayne's locations; choose by going to the target's respective location.
Killing Playboy X
- "Motherfucker, you think you can touch this shit?
You think I got here by letting little bitches like you fuck with me?
I own you, nobody owns me!"
- ―Playboy X
- "Argh. I was someone, you know. I made it. I changed the game."
- ―Playboy X's last words
- "You didn't change the game, the game changed you."
- ―Niko Bellic, before killing Playboy X
Head over to Playboy's penthouse in Northwood, Algonquin. During the cutscene, Playboy X realizes Niko is after him and retreats to the balcony, leaving his bodyguards to fight Niko. Niko will be behind some cover; shoot as many guards as possible from safety, then get out of cover and kill the rest. Go onto the balcony and chase Playboy down to street level. Some of his crew will get into a Patriot and try to gun the player down. Take care of them, and corner Playboy X in an alleyway. He will drop his jammed Desert Eagle.
Playboy X can be executed. He looks to the sky as Niko shoots him in the throat (the bullet exits through the top of his head).
If the player has a Rocket launcher (obtained on the small rocky island north of Holland), the battle can be ended very quickly. While in cover at Playboy's apartment, fire the Rocket Launcher at the bottom half of the open door that Playboy escaped through to kill him while he's hiding behind a tree. If that doesn't work, then shoot the bodyguards and go to the left of the big room to get an open shot on Playboy's head.
- "Fuck you, man. You a fucking snake like the rest of them."
- ―Dwayne Forge's last words
- "It ain't that simple, Dwayne. This is nothing personal."
- ―Niko Bellic, before killing Dwayne
Head over to Dwayne's apartment in the projects of North Holland, Algonquin. Go up the stairs to the first apartment, and the player will encounter Dwayne's friend, a tramp, wielding a baseball bat; shoot him or beat him up. Go around the corner and face Dwayne.
Dwayne can be executed. Rather than resist, he simply turns his back on Niko during the execution scene. Niko turns his head, closes his eyes, and shoots Dwayne in the back of his head.
If Playboy X was killed
- New friend: Dwayne Forge (Ability: backup from two gangsters)
- New safehouse: Northwood Safehouse (Playboy X's Penthouse)
- New outfit: Claude's outfit
- New weapon: Combat Pistol (only if glitch method is used)
Dwayne will be pleased that Niko chose to kill Playboy X instead of him. He says that back in the day, Playboy was a good kid, but was always hungry for more, and that he should have kept a closer eye on Playboy. Dwayne also invites Niko to stop by his place so they can hang out. Dwayne will then become a friend, if the player responds positively to an e-mail he sends. Dwayne's special ability is to send two gangsters to help Niko during battle.
If Niko calls Roman, Roman says he would have rather had the money from killing Dwayne, even though Niko felt like he did the right thing.
If Dwayne was killed
Playboy X will have a change of heart towards Niko killing Dwayne, and doesn't want anything to do with Niko ever again. He states that he'll only see "the cat that killed my mentor," and says that Niko is nothing but a "cold hearted killer".
If Niko calls Roman, Niko will tell the story in a sad tone.
- If Niko aims his pistol at Playboy X through the window of his loft, his target reticule will show. If fired, the two characters will be transported to the execution area and the cutscene will play. The only difference is that the player can pick up the Combat Pistol, because Playboy died while holding it.
- On rare occasions, Playboy X may not make the jump from his penthouse to the other building and will simply fall to his death, simply passing the mission.
- This mission can be played even after completing the ending in GTA IV.
- During the first cutscene, Playboy X mentions Dwayne thinking that the drug game is like 1992 again.
- The name of this mission is possibly a reference to "The Scottish Play", a common nickname used in the theatrical community to refer to William Shakespeare's Macbeth. The nickname is used because referring to the play by name inside a theater is considered bad luck.
- If the player chose to kill Playboy X, when he is cornered, he will say these lines: "Even if you kill me, you're gonna have this whole town after your ass.", "Another motherfucker gone and let the money go to his head.", "I showed you the world, gangster. You don't control this shit.", "I thought you was money, you low rate bitch.", "You coulda been someone, Niko."
- If the player chose to kill Playboy X, when he is cornered, Niko will say these lines: "You shouldn't have asked me to kill Dwayne, Playboy.", "You're a bad joke, Playboy.", "X marks the spot.", "Not such a big man now, are you?", "It was you or Dwayne, I chose Dwayne.", "Where are you going, Playboy?".
- If the player chose to kill Dwayne, Niko will say nothing. However, Dwayne will say these lines: '"Shit, Niko, that weren't cool.", "Hell, Niko, no.", "Niko, you cold.", "Damn, son. I'm your friend.", "What you doing, son?", "Damn, you done fucked me over in the end.", "I thought we was close, Niko.", "Don't play me like that, Niko.".
- The final cutscene where Niko kills Playboy can actually be skipped as the player can shoot him before he runs into the alleyway. This also works when he's in the alleyway and the player can shoot him from a distance.