- — Heist description.
The first time a player starts this heist, there will be no leader set-up cost, as Lester covered it up. Subsequent replays incur 10% of the base total payout, $11,500.
After completing the set-up missions, the finale sees the two players take up the role of Driver and Driller. By default, the host is assigned as Driller with a 60% take and the crew member as Driver with a 40% take, but this can all be changed once the game finishes introducing the heist board.
The Driver takes control of the stolen armored Kuruma and drives to the Fleeca Bank with the Driller on board. If the Driller has not completed the hacking minigame yet, the Driver must wait until the other player completes said hacking. After arriving at the destination, they both equip masks and go into the bank.
The Driver controls the NPC witnesses and shoots out the four ceiling-mounted security cameras; the crew is provided Pump Shotguns for this. The Driver must destroy the cameras quickly. An on-screen indicator shows the driver the level of intimidation. They must not kill any of the witnesses but if the intimidation level drops to the minimum, the teller will trip the alarm to alert the police. Once the Driller secures the deposit box, the alarm will go off and the Driver is free to run for the Kuruma and wait for the Driller to get in.
The Driller boards the armored Kuruma as a passenger. While the Driver gets to the bank, the Driller hacks their security system with the same hacking minigame as the previous mission. Just like before, the minigame consists of the player moving a constantly moving line from a start point to an end point. If it touches anything but the exit it fails and has to be restarted. There are 3 levels with each one increasing the difficulty of the maze. Continued failure slows down the speed of the point but reduces the achievement level. After completing the minigame, the player is directed to use the cellphone to unlock the bank's vault and equip the given mask to go into the bank.
While the Driver controls the witnesses, the Driller goes to the safety deposit boxes at the rear of the bank and plays a drilling minigame to open up the box and take the contents. The Driller's goal is to drill through the lock of Safety Deposit Box 167 (represented on the HUD as a 2D lock mechanism with four pins). If the drill is pushed too hard, it overheats, turning the bit red and taking a few seconds for the bit to cool down. The Driller controls the speed the bit turns using the controller trigger (or the assigned "Fire" button/key on the PC), and how hard the bit is pushed into lock using the left analog stick for controllers/pushing the mouse forward to push in or drawing it backwards to back off on PC.
- Both Players
After the opening the deposit box, the crew will get a three-star wanted level. They return to the Kuruma and Lester will say that he has paid a getaway guy, who is waiting for the crew at the Zancudo Bridge. There will be multiple police roadblocks along the way, consisting of Police Cruisers and Sheriff SUVs. The "getaway guy," Eddie Toh, will be piloting a Cargobob with an electromagnet; drive below the magnet and match the Cargobob's speed before reaching the tunnel so he can pick up the crew and escape from the police.
After the getaway, a cut-scene is triggered where the crew arrives at the factory, with Lester stepping outside and receiving the deposit box from the driller. He congratulates the crew, stating that he will call them up again "if the thing that they talked about comes up", but warns them to "not get clingy".
After the cutscene, the mission is completed. The two players are then seen in a cut-scene celebrating over a beer at the Tequi-la-la, before leaving the place on their own, regaining control in Free Mode.
Uh, you'll sleep well tonight. We all will. Enjoy the spoils while you can.
I'll be back in touch if there's more work down the road.”
- — Lester's post-heist call
- Go to Lester's Factory.
- Get in the Kuruma.
- Go to Fleeca Bank.
- Unlock the vault.
- Put on a mask.
- Enter the bank.
- Go to the safety deposit box.
- Drill the safety deposit box.
- Get in the Kuruma.
- Complete in under 5:20.
- Nobody gets wasted.
- Vehicle damage under 6%.
- Do not quick restart
- Do not trip skip (when replaying only).
The bonus for completing the Elite Challenge in the Heist Finale is $50,000.
- Assuming the Heists Update storyline takes place before the events of GTA V, the fact Eddie Toh appears during the mission suggests he has been working with Lester Crest before the events of GTA V.
- Although players use IFruit mobile phones, during the hacking mini-game the player will be given a BitterSweet phone. This also happens in Fleeca Job - Scope Out.
- As seen in a pre-release screenshot of the Heists Update, traffic was originally supposed to appear along the Great Ocean Highway as well as police. In the final version, only police appear, likely to make the mission significantly more practical.
- The escape sequence at the end of the heist may be inspired by the James Bond film You Only Live Twice, in which a Chinook helicopter (which the Cargobob looks similar to) uses a high-power magnet on chains to lift a car from the ground.
- The Cargobob used during the mission features a unique electromagnetic attachment not obtainable in regular gameplay.
- On the bridge, a unique black Sheriff SUV with a partially white roof will appear and chase the Kuruma. It will often try to ram the car as soon as it is picked up by the magnet, resulting in it driving underneath before stopping. The vehicle is not available in these colors in regular gameplay.
- In the enhanced version, the song that plays at the end of the heist finale is "Coming On Strong" by Broken English, which can be heard on Los Santos Rock Radio. In the original version, the song is "Crawling After You" by Bass Drum of Death, which can be heard on Vinewood Boulevard Radio.
- The Cargobob can sometime spawn without the electromagnet, making it impossible to pick up the car and finish the heist. This happens to be the case on older generation consoles. (PS3 & Xbox 360)
- If the player exits to Freemode when this bug occurs, in order to restart the heist, this will cause Lester to call the player telling them they've completed the heist. This results in the game registering the players involved has completed the heist as well, but no payout is given, and the host is locked from starting this heist for 30 minutes.
- If the Driver enters first person mode, and brings up their phone while the Driller is hacking, the phone screen on the hacker's phone will be identical to the Driver's phone (it will show the home-screen phone background, and will highlight buttons when navigating them). (PS4, Xbox One & PC)
- Rarely, a glitch can occur that causes Eddie Toh to not fly his Cargobob over the Zancudo Bridge, but instead hover to the left of it and remain there, making the mission impossible to complete. Similar mission-failing glitches can occur on Prison Break - Wet Work, The Prison Break (Finale) and Humane Raid - Key Codes. (PS4, Xbox One & PC).
- In order to remove this glitch, restarting the heist does not work. The host needs to return to freemode, find and join a new session, then start the heist to remove the glitch.