Tommy, Ken and Phil are all in the club, with Tommy saying that the heist plan is coming together nicely, and the only thing left to do is to hire a driver. Ken suggests himself, but Phil suggests Hilary King, describing him as a great driver. Phil calls Hilary, and asks if he can offer his services to Tommy. He says yes, but only if Tommy beats him in a race.
Tommy goes outside to Hilary, who is inside his Sabre Turbo. He explains that if Tommy loses to him, he will not work for Tommy. Tommy then gets inside a Sentinel and races against Hilary. He passes through all checkpoints scattered around Vice Beach, all while being chased by the Vice City Police Department for illegal racing. Later on, he eventually passes the finish line first, and Hilary agrees to work for him.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Win the race.
- In the original 2002 PlayStation 2 version of the game, the song that can be heard playing in the background during the opening cutscene is "In a Big Country" by Big Country. The song isn't featured on any of the in-game radio stations. The song isn't played inside the Malibu Club during normal gameplay either. The song was replaced in later versions of the game.
- In later released copies of the PS2 version and all PC, Xbox, iOS, Android, and Mac OS X ports of the game, the song that can be heard playing in the background during the opening cutscene is "The Message" by Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five. The song is also featured on the in-game radio station Wildstyle. The song isn't played inside the Malibu Club during normal gameplay.
- The song that can be heard playing in the car during the cutscene in which Tommy meets Hilary is "All Night Long" by Mary Jane Girls. The song is also featured on the in-game radio station Fever 105.
- The police will only chase Tommy, and not Hilary.
- Hilary's Sabre Turbo is bulletproof, fireproof and explosionproof. It can be obtained through