|For the Title Update, see GTA Online: The Doomsday Heist; For the Heist grand finale, see The Doomsday Scenario|
- "Go to foreclosures.maze-bank.com to purchase a Facility. This property gives you access to The Doomsday Heist planning room as a VIP, CEO or MC President."
- ―On-Screen instruction.
Unlike previous Heists, all missions in the Doomsday Heist can be completed with a minimum of two players (as opposed to the original Heists, which required four, with the exception of the Fleeca Job), allowing a larger payout during the Finale of each Act if played with fewer players. Each Crew Member has a 15% Cut minimum of the Heist's earnings during the Finale.
- "There are three ways to acquire Heist Prep Equipment. By completing Freemode Preps, stealing it from rival Heist Crews or by purchasing the equipment directly."
- ―On-Screen instruction.
Unlike previous Heists, the player is tasked to acquire the corresponding equipment to unlock a setup job. The equipment can be obtained through a Freemode Preparation mission, stealing it from rival Organizations/Motorcycle Clubs or purchasing them directly for $94,500.
Freemode Prep jobs are completely restricted to public Freemode sessions, meaning once the equipment is acquired, it will be revealed to rival Heist crews, so PvP action is expected to occur. Similarly, one can steal the euipment from rival Heist crews if they have the same prep jobs available and are in the same Act of the Doomsday Heist.
Note that Heist Prep jobs can be completed by the VIP/CEO/MC President themselves, although it is not very recommended because some prep jobs require two or more equipments, aside from the expected competition from rival Heist crews.
- Technically, the Setups and Finales of the Doomsday Heist are missions, rather than being actual heists or heist setups.
- If players restart from a checkpoint, money mesh texture is shown on the intro screen instead of the cube grid that is seen on the intro screen opening a mission.
- Unlike original Heists, during the Doomsday Heist setups of finales, the background of the Job List app is inconsistent: instead of being persian green, it might be just white, or red, like it is usually during Adversary Modes.
A new soundtrack was mixed for the Doomsday Heist. The soundtrack was created by Oh No and features stems reused and remixed from the original Heists Update to reflect the heists in operation. Three different variations appear, each of which have 2 separate alternative versions which play exclusively during setup work.