TV shows stay practically the same as they were in Grand Theft Auto V. Television does not affect the gameplay in any serious way, and its only purposes are to be optional entertainment and to provide some additional character backstory, depending on the program viewed. The TV introduces new features to the gameplay:
Provides security camera footage with a number of possible views depending on the standard of property, including:
- Main Door - exterior of the front door.
- Garage Door - exterior of the garage door.
- Garage - interior of the garage.
The player can cycle through all other players in the lobby in spectator mode with various camera angles and filters able to be applied.
- Weazel Studios are located in the Weazel Plaza.
- CNT Studios are located in the CNT Building.
- Both Channels are broadcast to Los Santos through the transmission tower behind the Vinewood Sign on Mount Haan Drive.
- Fame or Shame (including the "new" episode that becomes available after Reuniting the Family in GTA V)
- Republican Space Rangers
- Kung Fu Rainbow Lazerforce
- Jack Howitzer
- Moorehead Rides Again
- Impotent Rage
- Underbelly of Paradise
- Princess Robot Bubblegum (Enhanced Versions only)
- Phat Chips (Enhanced Versions only)
- Mount Zonah Medical Center
- Redwood Cigarettes.
- Los Santos Department of Water & Power
- Benefactor Surano
- Bravado Bison (Enhanced Versions only)
- Logger Beer
- Mystaspot (Enhanced Versions only)
- Nogo Vodka (Enhanced Versions only)
- The Epsilon program (Enhanced Versions only)
- Ego Chaser Energy Bars
- Grand Senora Desert
- Tracey De Santa's episode in Fame or Shame causes an anachronism. The episode has been available since the story of GTA Online was originally set months before the events of GTA V (prior to Gunrunning update's timeline advance).
- Watching TV for long periods of time counts as idleness, but spectating players through the Weazel News channel does not.