- "I'll introduce you to one of my all-time favorite pastimes. You're gonna love this."
- ―Cletus Ewing
Target Practice is a Strangers and Freaks mission located in Sandy Shores, between Niland and Armadillo Avenues. In this mission, Trevor target-shoots all around town with local rural-American fixture, Cletus Ewing.
Trevor meets Cletus in front of his dilapidated blue house on Marina Drive, between Niland and Armadillo Avenues. Cletus arms Trevor with a sniper rifle and takes him up to his second-floor terrace. There, Cletus has Trevor shoot three satellite dishes.
Cletus and Trevor drive to the large, run-down motel in the west of town. Cletus takes Trevor to a second floor balcony. From there, Trevor must use the sniper rifle to shoot out three tires on vehicles moving along the nearby highway.
Cletus takes Trevor to the roof of the same motel. From there, Trevor must shoot three coyotes. When Trevor has shot the coyotes, Cletus tells Trevor he will text him an invite to join him in Paleto Bay, where he'll show him how to hunt Elk. Trevor agrees to go hunting with Cletus.
- Follow Cletus.
- Shoot the three satellite dishes.
- Go to the abandoned motel.
- Shoot three car tires.
- Follow Cletus.
- Shoot three coyotes.
Gold Medal Objectives
- 2 for 1 - Kill 2 coyotes with one shot.
- Pop! Pop! - Shoot all 3 tires with an accuracy of at least 75%.
- Bad Signal - Shoot all 3 Satellite dishes without missing.
- During this mission, the color tint of the sniper rifle is restored to the black color if the player selects any custom tint at the gun shop. However, the color is restored to the player's choice after this mission.
- The gold medal objective named Pop! Pop! could be a reference to the catch phrase of the character Magnitude from the TV show Community.
- There's a glitch where the player can travel too far without failing. It's also the famous glitch where many people use it to visit restricted areas without attaining a wanted level.
- It's possible to get your aim at the right moment where three coyotes will roam side by side, making it a possibility to shoot all three coyotes with one bullet.