|This article or section is Under Construction.|
|This article or section refers to "enhanced version" content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is absent on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
Target Assault or Target Assault Races are a class of races added in Grand Theft Auto Online as part of the Southern San Andreas Super Sport Series update and released on April 3, 2018, during the Target Assault Week event.
- "In Target Assault Races, now available to play in GTA Online, teams of two strap into a range of weaponized vehicles - one behind the wheel, and the other on the trigger.
The Gunner is responsible for destroying targets from a mounted gun, while the Driver races to outmanoeuvre the opposition for additional points on each lap. After each lap the Gunner and the Driver switch roles, and whichever team finishes with the most points wins.
Finishing laps in the top three and passing through Checkpoints ahead of your opponents will earn you bonus points, but accuracy is the name of the game here. You'll score more points for smaller targets, and even more for hitting them dead center. Scatter-shooters may feast on large green targets, but if you're racking up bullseyes on the elusive small red target, you'll soon eclipse them on the leaderboard.
As the Driver, play to your teammate's strengths — if your Gunner's on a streak, ease up on the throttle and let them rip through a few more targets before rushing to the next Checkpoint."
- ―Rockstar Newswire description.
List of Target Assault Races
There are 7 Target Assault Races. These are listed in a separate list from Stunt Races. They are named in the same manner of Adversary Modes.
- Target Assault I
- Target Assault II
- Target Assault III
- Target Assault IV
- Target Assault V
- Target Assault VI
- Target Assault VII
Target Assault Vehicles
Each Target Assault race is locked to a different weaponized vehicle:
- Vapid Caracara - Target Assault I
- Benefactor Turreted Limo - Target Assault II
- Karin Technical Aqua - Target Assault III
- HVY Barrage - Target Assault IV
- HVY Insurgent Pick-Up - Target Assault V
- Karin Technical - Target Assault VI
- Brute Armored Boxville - Target Assault VII
- Although the Vapid Caracara and HVY Barrage can be owned as personal vehicles, they are not available for use in Target Assault Races, despite having the option to enable them as custom vehicles.