How do we define the engine model?
- I made a mistake (in a rush, lol) in the above diagram. It is "Single Overhead Camshaft (SOHC), not DOHC, as there's still only one camshaft per bank of cylinders.
- Is still possible to identify engines that are using "fake" covers or should these be verified with Rockstar Editor? 15:54, November 1, 2015 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, some have fake covers AND engine models, for example, the Dubsta and its 6x6 variant, the BeeJay XL, etc. There's also some that have covers that match their 3D model, for example, Stinger, Stinger GT, Z-Type, etc, and finally, there's some that have fake covers which aren't really detailed enough to give a rough idea of its engine, for example, the Baller, and these don't have a 3D model either, so they're pretty much unidentifiable. It'd be a waste of time asking R*, since they're only going to say what it was originally based off, or what the real-life counterpart has, as the model can't and will not support what they say. It'd be a waste of time, best off to just document what we're given, as asking R* won't get us anywhere, in-fact it could make things more complicated than they already are. • • 16:03, November 1, 2015 (UTC)
Supercharger model discovery?
Well, looks like I've found something. Something seen prominent here and here. It is what I can only really call a supercharger. It appears as a half-cylindrical metal texture on the engines, and I've seen it on a couple more vehicles too. Though really bad quality, the model seems similar to things like this, this, this and this. What do we think? (Car enthusiasts only xD) :P Monk Talk 19:06, November 19, 2015 (UTC)
- So this is a supercharger, huh? Interesting. Now it explains why the bulky engine :P Anyway. Nice discovery. 23:47, November 19, 2015 (UTC)
- Well, probably it is, but it doesn't have as much lines as a real supercharger, so it's confusing. Also, it looks bulky on the Transporter, so it would be oversized. I dunno XD
- Tbh, I can't see a reason why it wouldn't work, it'd just be expensive, and complex. But it'd reduce lag and gives some great VVT options, but I can't see rockstar going to the details and thought of adding a twincharger into the game, considering the rarity of them. It's likely a developer oversight, assuming this is a supercharger. Monk Talk 00:11, November 20, 2015 (UTC)
Just a formula for cams in case you didn't know:
- 2 Cams + Inline Engine = DOHC (Twin-Cam to me and you)
- 1 Cam + Inline Engine = SOHC
- 2 Cams + V/W Engine = SOHC
- 4 Cams + V/W Engine = DOHC (AKA Quad Cam)
- DOHC = Double (or Dual) Overhead Camshaft
- SOHC = Single Overhead Camshaft
This page should be renamed to link back to the "Vehicle Features" page (like this page), since engines are obviously a feature of all vehicles (and a very important one). A section about engines should also be added to the "Vehicle Features" page, linking to this as the main page concerning the feature.
- Well, I disagree, this page is huge, it can't be simply merged into another big article. Thegtaseeker96 (talk) 18:03, December 16, 2015 (UTC)
- I disagree too. This page is too big and detailed that it would be a huge pain in the ass for both who merge the page and the people who try to read the page. Plus, as you yourself said, engines are a very important features of the vehicles so they can have their own detailed page.
The only thing that can be done in my opinion is providing a link of this page on the page "Vehicles features". Merging this page would be a bad idea. Myth(Please leave your threats here/Wanna Stalk?) 18:11, December 16, 2015 (UTC)