I was thinking that Trevor Philips may have been inspired by a serial killer from the 1920-30s named Carl Panzram. I was trying to think of a way to say (without being puerile about it) that although Trevor doesn't appear to be gay, he likes to threaten men with rape. There's a lot of similarity in their backstories - both were misfits as kids, both failed to fit into society and turned to crime at young ages, both had serious problems with rage and a desire to take it out on the entire human race. And Carl Panzram even has the same badly receded hairline with tangled spot in the middle that Trevor has. Jeff (talk|stalk) 01:06, September 26, 2013 (UTC)
- I think Trevor was inspired by the fans. The creators were like "The fans loved Niko Bellic, we need to find someone who's just as enjoyable and funny as him." So they created Trevor. The one thing I don't get is that Trevor killed Johnny Klebitz, and he was a 'bad' character, and they did that to make Trevor look awesome, but Niko is definitley more titled 'bad' by the fans. So why didn't they kill him? I highly doubt they would care if the fans got mad because if they did, they probably wouldn't have killed Johnny in the first place. Answering Machine (talk) 21:07, September 26, 2013 (UTC)
Is Trevor Bisexual? Should We Add It?
I was just playing 'GTA V', and I started noticing a lot of sexual innuendo from Trevor towards other male characters, and sexual innuendo invovling male characters. For example;...
"Any hole is a good hole."
Something like that quote is seen on his LifeInvade Page. In the 'Relationships' section of his page.
"Now all we need is another guy in here and we can make it a real party."
Trevor says this when he is recieving a lap-dance off two strippers. It kinda' hints at him wanting to have sexual intercourse with another guy along with the two strippers.
Plus, there is plenty of quotes towards Ron, Wade, Floyd, and many other characters that hints at Trevor wanting sex off of some male characters, all that sexual innuendo is piling up and so far- I haven't seen a bit of Trivia relating to this.
So, what do you guys' think? I think Trevor may be bisexual, or perhaps he just doesn't give a shit about what/who he 'does' it with. Well; that's just some food for thought, I love him, Michael, and Franklin so much- and I haven't seen any mention of it yet, so I was just putting it out there! ;)
- I wouldn't call Trevor bisexual, he definitely like making other male characters feel sexually uncomfortable there's kinds of people who mention wanting another male in the place where they are but don't mean anything by it. Considering Trevor like showing his dominance, but I honestly wouldn't label him as bisexual.TPShadowDragon Born into flame! 21:20, October 4, 2013 (UTC)
- Aye, I have to admit that I took Trevor's quotes a bit too serious, but, I just thought it could be a bit of trivia thet could of been added. But, I agree with what you guys are saying. I agree that he may just be more 'dominant' and isn't afraid to say stuff, or do stuff revolving around other males.
- Thanks! Sup Bro!? (talk) 18:20, October 6, 2013 (UTC)
- One time, when I loaded my game with Trevor, he was standing on Floyd's bed with Floyd below him, curled up in the fetal position (and wearing pink pajamas with stars on them for some reason, but that's not really relevant - just funny) and crying "It was all just a dream. It's all just a bad dream" and "Im so sorry Debra. So sorry" with Trevor saying "Hush now" in a really creepy way. And there was a jar of petroleum jelly on the dresser. Just thought you guys should know that.... - Erik the Mad (talk) 19:13, October 8, 2013 (UTC)
It's implied by him at the start of a rampage that he may have done some things with his mother. In regards to being called a motherfucker, he says "It's not legally fucking if there isn't penetration!" Should this be added to his and his mom's pages? It may even be the reason he is so afraid of her and/or a momma's boy and maybe why she was in jail though these two are just speculation. Ganondorf 01:34, October 10, 2013 (UTC)
I disagree, I believe Trevor was simply referring to the mis-use of the word 'fucking'.
I don't know about that. He's not, excuse the term, a grammar nazi. He seemed more defensive than anything else. Ganondorf 06:23, October 11, 2013 (UTC)
I noticed this and not seeing it anywhere made me wonder if anybody picked it up. I'm pretty sure that there was an incestuous relationship between he and his mother. In the Rampages, he takes offence to the being called a motherfucker. The line you mentioned above is one of the most obvious examples. It would also explain why he takes such great offense to being called a motherfucker.
The word motherfucker is also one of his two big triggers into rage. 3 of the five Rampages start because of it (4 if you include when he mentions it to the Vagos). He also stops walking and confronts Johnny in Mr. Philips when Johnny calls him a motherfucker. I'm pretty sure it can't just be because Trevor feels respectful to women or wanted to point out misuse of a word, since Trevor doesn't respect all women and doesn't seem the type to get defensive over terminology.--Rok198 (talk) 06:48, January 1, 2014 (UTC)
I noticed a mistake on his page it says he is of Canadian ancestry which is not true as he is of American nationality and citizenship thought I would make this aware to everyone
- Please sign your posts. You are also incorrect — he makes it clear several times in the game he comes from Canada.--Leigh Burne (Talk) (Contribs) 09:49, January 8, 2014 (UTC)
When I first used Trevor's special ability, it really reminded me of Scarface: The World is Yours, which came out many, many years before GTA V. Now, Scarface is one of the many GTA clones out there, and one of the few that went somewhat well.
In Scarface, Tony has a Rage Mode which grants him invulnerability, like Trevor. There are a few differences, however. Tony's rage one-shot kills and has unlimited ammo. But both screen fade to a single color and grant the invulnerability for a short time.
Seeing as Tony, both in the movie and game, appears to have a very short, murderous fuse and acts on impulse, like Trevor, do you think this could be a small reference to that game? As said in this wiki, Trevor's ability doesn't make much sense, when you look at Franklin's skill -- drvining and Michael's skill -- shooting. Trevor's is flying, but his ability reflects more to his personality than his skill.
Mass Trivial Removal?
Hey, some guy just removed lots of trivia notes. Should we bring these back? I think half of those trivia notes are actually interesting to know about.
- "Some guy" is me and McJeff. Some has been removed, but most of the relevant info has been moved to more suitable sections of the article. Tom Talk 14:31, February 28, 2014 (UTC)
- Okay thanks. I didn't notice that you moved most of the information. All I noticed was the removals. Thanks for the clarification. Sirdude103 (talk) 16:48, February 28, 2014 (UTC)
I've got one question, in Jet Locations there's written that he is the only person, who can access LSX without police attention, but here in Trivia (somewhere in the middle), there's written, that he can't actually access it without police attention in any way. So I'd like to know which article is right and the other should be probably edited for these two not to contradict each other. – Venca-crq (talk) 20:08, May 14, 2014 (UTC)
During Packman, Trevor says he and Michael were both "just 20" when they met. It's sort of implied when he describes Michael's age as the "same" but technically he doesn't explicity give a current age or birthday, though we can sort of use Michael's birthdate to get an idea of T's, at least within a couple years I guess. Also gives a rough date for when they met (which the page on Michael is way off on). S1n0d3utscht3k (talk) 07:54, August 29, 2015 (UTC)
- You're right, Trevor said that they were just 20, so that means that they have the same age. AndreEagle17 13:16, August 29, 2015 (UTC)
What exactly is an alias according to the ones that are there? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember Lamar addresing Trevor by his real name more than he did "crazy dude". The other aliases on the page are nicknames such as Trev or Uncle T. I (as my other edits and overall behavior on this wiki show) don't like removing content unless it's really bad or really out of place, so I didn't see a reason to go and delete the other nicknames featured there. I know that the nickname "Crazy Dude" doesn't feature Trevors name, but it's something that one of the characters call another character making it another name for him. Mortsnarg (talk) 00:56, February 8, 2015 (UTC)
I see your reasoning there, but Lamar refers to Michael as "Sneaky dude", yet that is not listed as an alias of Michael's. I agree most aliases listed are nicknames, but I personally think that alias sections should list character-specific aliases/nicknames, as "Crazy dude" can be rather generic and applied to anyone. Maybe I was a bit hasty to remove it, but that's my reasoning. SJWalker (talk) 01:02, February 8, 2015 (UTC)
- In my view, a nickname one single character uses towards another should never be included as an alias. If more than one other character knows the subject by that "nickname", then it can be included. Strictly imposing that as a rule would probably remove 75% of the aliases that are currently listed on the wiki. smurfy (coms) 01:11, February 8, 2015 (UTC)
- I disagree both in adding "Crazy Dude" as an alias and removing most aliases in the wiki, first because if we are going to consider all aliases, then all characters would be known as "motherf*cker", and if we remove all aliases, then we'd make the infobox severely lacking of aliases, such as "Johnny Boy" and "Tony" (for Trevor) (talk) 01:19, February 8, 2015 (UTC)
- SJ Walker: I see your point to why you removed it and how "Crazy Dude" could apply to anyone due to Lamar calling people he doesn't know well by "Adjective- Dude" but the name that Lamar picks is still a nickname that he uses for Trevor and Trevor alone. Even when he gets to know him he still calls him "Crazy Dude" and I think the reason he kept that name is because it best describes Trevor simplistically. The reason why Lamar just doesn't call him "Trevor" flat out, I'm not sure of.
- : Smurfy: Then that would count for names that appear on this very page. The point of an alias/ AKA bar is to record all the names that said character has been called repeatadly. If Trevor was called "Crazy Dude" once by Lamar the first time he met him, then it wouldn't be worth noting, but because he's called that on multiple occasions by him, it can be considered a nickname from Lamar to Trevor. Mortsnarg (talk) 01:20, February 8, 2015 (UTC)
- Yes, as I said, imposing my opinion on this matter as a rule would remove the vast majority of single character nicknames that have been included in this field up to this point. Let me put another spin on this. Take the subect out of the conversation. If character B talks to character C about subject character A and uses a nickname only they use, would character C know who B was talking about? e.g. If Lamar mentioned "Crazy Dude" to Franklin, would Franklin know he was talking about Trevor with no other descriptive references? I doubt it. smurfy (coms) 01:30, February 8, 2015 (UTC)
- Smurfy, that is an excellent example of the use of this nickname and how it may not work in that scenario, but from what I've seen in various articles (that as you've said probably aren't exactly "right") that isn't the point of the nickname page on this wiki. The point that I've understood from all of this is to record down an original name that one character uses for another, regardless if another character would know who they're refering to (an example is on Franklins page with a name like F, FC or CBL). I don't know if Lamar has used this name with other characters somewhere else in the timeline of his life, but I do know that he has used it on Trevor and Trevor alone in the events of GTA V. I see what you, SJWalker and Andre are coming from, but "Crazy Dude" is a nickname/alias that Lamar has for Trevor in particular, and no one else. Mortsnarg (talk) 01:46, February 8, 2015 (UTC)
In fact, half of the character infoboxes of the wiki are filled with aliases that are not aliases. "Crazy dude" is as much as an alias as "asshole", even if regularly used. We'd rather remove them rather than filling infoboxes with crap like "Bitch", "Agent" or "Mr.". There is a large difference between how Trevor is named Tony or Jock and how Trevor is called a "crazy dude".
From Wikipedia: "Pseudonyms include stage names, screen names, ring names, pen names, nicknames, aliases, superhero identities and code names, gamer identifications, and regnal names of emperors, popes and other monarchs." The list does not include insults and adjectives like "crazy dude".09:52, February 8, 2015 (UTC)
- That's what I said but with different words. (talk) 13:42, February 8, 2015 (UTC)
- It's different than something "asshole", "motherfucker" or "horse cock" as an alias/also known as. If you have a curse word as an alias it's much more different since it's applied to almost everyone in GTA V. "Crazy Dude" as open for interpretation it may be, is still addressed to one and only one character, by another character throughout the entirety of the game and isn't used in another way. Not to mention, Lamar knows Trevor mainly as "Crazy Dude" and in my experience playing missions and going on friend activities, doesn't call him another name when addressing him. I'm not saying that all pages should have a curse word or an adjective as an alias/also known as, but if one character calls a character such throughout the entirety of the game, it should be noted. Mortsnarg (talk) 17:17, February 8, 2015 (UTC)
- I got your point, it's pretty valid, but not really necessary, it's similar to that case of Claude, when CJ calls him "Mute Asshole". (talk) 17:50, February 8, 2015 (UTC)
Smurfynz actually explained it correctly. But if we remove this alias then we have to remove alot of other alias which will be a serious and unnecessary head ache. It is atleast not an insult like "bitch" or "asshole". "Trever is also known as Crazy Dude by Lamar". Why don't we just write it as "Crazy Dude(only by Lamar)". - Hunter(Talk/Stalk) 17:56, February 8, 2015 (UTC)
- If we have to remove so many aliases, that's fine. I can do so. I can see what everyone is saying, but for me, calling someone "Adjective-Dude" is not classed as an alias. As Rain said, there is a difference between Trevor being called "Jock" or "Tony" than being called "Crazy dude". SJWalker (talk) 18:04, February 8, 2015 (UTC)
- There may be a difference and I can see where you all are coming from, but "Crazy Dude" is a name that Lamar has for Trevor and a name that he's also known by (hence the name of the actual section) and has said and greeted him with more than once, and Lamar doesn't use the name for anyone else like he does the word "nigga", for example. Mortsnarg (talk) 18:18, February 8, 2015 (UTC)
Actually, Trevor's "crazy dude" is the same alias as the word "asshole". Why? Because it's not a name or anything, Lamar calls him "crazy dude" because he is a crazy dude, not as a random name. If Lamar would have disliked Trevor, he woudl've called him with another insult, like "asshole", yet that does not make it an alias. Trevor cannot exclusively be called "crazy dude", I'm pretty sure there were other characters in GTA that were refered to by the same "crazy dude".19:41, February 8, 2015 (UTC)
Lamar says it as a name though, not strictly a way to describe him. If Lamar called him "Crazy Dude" once, it shouldn't be listed as an alias/also known as becuase it was just a first impression of him and a way of first describing him; he doesn't though. He calls Trevor "Crazy Dude" multiple times over their encounters. Like I said, I know where you all are coming from and I can see your reasoning for why you think it doesn't work, my reasoning for why it does is because Lamar knows him and addresses him as "Crazy Dude" in most if not all of their encounters in the story, making the name something that Trevor is also known as prominently, and not something like asshole where it can be interchanged because of it's vagueness in describing and addressing the character. "Crazy Dude", as simplistic as it is, is something that describes Trevor simplistically, he is a crazy dude and that's what Lamar called him and continued to call him. Mortsnarg (talk) 22:37, February 8, 2015 (UTC)
Was this ever settled? I mean, it's an 8 letter name that we gave hundreds of words to, and it was never officially resolved. I still stand by the fact that it should be made an alias/also known as because of who it's from, it's usage, and its actual name, but if it means that much to you guys, let it be. I understand that putting this here could open the floodgates for putting really stupid, pointless aliases like asshole, horse cock, ecetera, in the infobox, but it still has a point being there as another name for Trevor. Whatever. It's 4 against 2, let it be, I guess. Mortsnarg (talk) 19:40, February 10, 2015 (UTC)
- My two cents — it's too generic to be added. It's a description, not a name.-- (talk) 08:58, February 11, 2015 (UTC)
- Fair enough, then. I'm too tired to come up with a counter point and to be honest, it doesn't matter too much in the entirety of knowing Trevor. Let it be, then. Mortsnarg (talk) 23:45, February 11, 2015 (UTC)
Someone removed a fact which I honestly would never believe:
- "It is hinted at that he may have had a sexual encounter with his mother. On Rampage 3, he says "it's not legally fucking if you do not penetrate". While using a prostitute's services or after taking home a booty call, he may say "mother" after it ends. It may also explain his love for older women."
- ―Removed fact
To be honest, Trevor may be a Psycho by shooting someone's eye with a Flare Gun, burning a shopping mall when he was a teenager, wishing to use a nuke, but... HAVING SEX WITH HIS MOTHER? No, is there any proper proof of that?? I believe he had sex with someone's mother, not his own mother, this is not just speculation, it's disgusting and highly unlikely. (talk/stalk/blog) 15:52, March 18, 2015 (UTC)
- Furthermore, him hating the "motherfucker" insult seems to even contradict the statement. 15:58, March 18, 2015 (UTC)
- I find this so hilarious. During the course of the entire game, we see that Trevor is a freak, bloddy psychopath that have absolutely no problem in killing and torturing other people. He straigh up uses rape as a form of subjugation (Rockstar confirmed that he indeed raped Floyd Hebert while he was in Los Santos). Theres also hints that he killed his own brother, had sex with corpses and even practiced cannibalism. And yet, of all this things, the incest thing is what freaks people the most.
- Having sex with his own mother? NOOO! WHAT KIND OF ANIMAL WOULD DO SUCH THING?!?! THATS DISGUSTING!!!
- Being a rapist, necrophiliac, cannibal and psycho murder? Meh.
During "Fame or Shame", Trevor tells Michael he is a "crank, cannibalism and incest kinda guy", but I'd take it with a pinch of salt. I think some people take what Trevor says far too seriously, as most of his sexual threats are mostly in the presence of weak people (Ron, Wade, Floyd etc.) SJWalker (talk) 16:48, March 18, 2015 (UTC)
- Agreed with Sam, he way have raped Floyd, but some things he says are exaggerations, like burning the mall, he was a teenager back there, so it's unlike to be true, also, I don't believe this phrase: "Smoking weed is worse than sucking cock and I did both", he did neither, when he takes a hit from Barry, he sees Clowns coming out of Vans, additionally, he takes a Shotgun out of nowhere, so, Sam is right, we can't take it too seriously. (talk/stalk/blog) 16:53, March 18, 2015 (UTC)
- Its a pretty interesting way of seeing his character. What if this whole incest, cannibalism and necrophile thing was just a persona that he created to scare people? I mean, appart for the whole, psycho murder and drug addict thing that we actually see in the game, all the other stuff is just hinted through dialogue by both Trevor and the people who lived with him, like Michael and Amanda, but never showed to us. Could all things be true or just rumors? Michael definitely exaggerated a lot when he described Trevor to Franklin, saying that Trevor would kill the boy at first sight, but in the end they became close friends. Could he also have fabricated some of the rumors about Trevor? Who knows? This game have so many things to think about. DLVIIIL Talk 16:59, March 18, 2015 (UTC)
- I agree with you 558. Trevor shows me in-game that he does a lot of things to scare people, not really meaning he does these things in reality. That is why he gets angry when the GTA Online Protagonist is shown not to be afraid of him. They could just be rumors and we shouldn't take em so seriously. () 17:09, March 18, 2015 (UTC)Smashbro8
Trevor say a lot of things without being serious about them. I think it is very unlikely for him having sex with his mother. It is very very disgusting even for a serial killer like him.Hunter(Talk/Stalk) 17:23, March 18, 2015 (UTC)
- Speaking about his unbelievable personality, and comparisons to others: the wiki says Trevor was likely inspired by Waingro. While I'm not sure how fully that was, an interesting little detail is that Trevor's clown tattoo is the same tattoo Waingro has on his arm. This tattoo is also used by an Aryan Brotherhood enforcer (on his back shoulder) in Miami Vice (another Michael Mann film). It's unique enough that it's likely not a coincidence (especially since Michael Mann's make-up artist used the same tattoo twice). Trevor has added words to his, but otherwise all the small details of the clown's eyes, nose, chin, and hair are all exactly the same in all 3 tattoos. Combined with other "likely Waingro inspiration" and also obvious Heat and Michael Mann inspiration in other parts of the game, while not certain, it does seem possible. Interesting coincidence if not. S1n0d3utscht3k (talk) 08:05, August 29, 2015 (UTC)
In the wiki page it says that he killed floyd off-screen, but floyd can be seen in the strip club after trever took over the strip club.
Trevor Killed Debra and Floyd?
- There is no evidence that Trevor killed Debra and Floyd. All we know is that they were killed. The Wiki should not cite stuff like this as fact when the facts aren't known, especially since leaving what happened up to the player's imagination is a big part of this scene.
- The game quite clearly makes the implication that he has killed them (all the blood on the window/Trevor, Trevor's attitude and dialogue afterwards, their continued absence afterwards).-- (talk) 08:23, August 13, 2015 (UTC)
- The way it is now, under "possible murders", is fine. There's certainly no absolute proof he killed them. I just got the impression the first commenter was suggesting the information should be removed from the page altogether, which I don't agree with.-- (talk) 13:47, August 13, 2015 (UTC)
Exactly. If there's no concrete proof, at least there are hints that he killed them both, which should be listed. But again, nothing concrete. AndreEagle17 14:19, August 13, 2015 (UTC)
Did Trevor rape Floyd?
Above, User:558050 stated that "Rockstar confirmed that he indeed raped Floyd Hebert while he was in Los Santos"
Where is the citation for this? This video is not conclusive of rape:
- https://youtube.com/watch?v=hW-Gat9MFYs - "GTA V Did Trevor rape this guy?"
And he did show Floyd his penis which doesn't count as rape.
Did Trevor rape anyone else? - https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Trevor_Philips&type=revision&diff=768438229&oldid=767820120
Reference from POI
Regarding Trevor Philips' height
Winnie the Dabdoob (talk) 06:43, August 6, 2017 (UTC) As we all know the character is based of Steven Ogg, thus they meet in the facial form and in the physical form, editors on gta.wikia.com stated that Trevor Philips has a height of 6' 1" (1.86 m), Steven Ogg on the other hand has a height of 6' 3" (1.91 m), from wikipedia sources. A little childish on my side to request an edit for a small matter, however the little things may count, and we shall weep over our mistakes (as editors; hardcore, or beginners). Send us your brightest, your sharpest, your most intelligent, Yearning to breath free and submit to our authority, Watch us trick them into wiping rich people's asses, While we convince them it's the land of opportunity.