It is located in the ground floor of an apartment building, where Barry lives, on Bay City Avenue and Palomino Avenue in Vespucci Canals, Los Santos. It sells tacos, burritos, tortas, quesadillas, tostadas, soda and jugos.
The name of the restaurant is a reference to the form of professional wrestling in Mexico known as lucha libre. The luchadores (wrestlers) are known for their colourful masks, which is exactly what is depicted on Taco Libre's logo. Its slogan is "Authentic Mexican Food" ("Auténtica Comida Mexicana"). It is not enterable.
Events of GTA V
- Grass Roots - Barry wants Franklin Clinton to deliver the Duneloader and Emperor to the alleyway behind the apartment.
- According to signs on the entrance to the building, the business accepts Fleeca and Shark credit cards and is in the process of hiring staff.
- The restaurant itself, despite being inaccessible, has a detailed interior; this implies that at one point during development, it was possible to purchase food from Taco Libre.
- There is a tank top with the restaurant's logo available for purchase at Binco.
- The name might be a play on the title of the 2006 movie, Nacho Libre.