- "That's my old place, and it's in forclosure. But, well, if something was to, to happen to the place, y'know, some gas gets spilled, I'd, I'd still get the full value on the insurance."
- ―Josh Bernstein
Once again, Josh rewards Trevor for the previous job with a night with a woman in a room at the Bilingsgate Motel. The next morning, Josh reveals the the woman is actually his wife. This weirdness aside, Josh asks Trevor to burn down his mansion on West Eclipse Boulevard in Rockford Hills so that Josh can collect the insurance. Josh invites Trevor to take his car, the use of which also provides Trevor with a requisite jerry can. At the mansion, Trevor pours a line of gas from an outdoor grill in the rear of the building. Once he ignites the gas, the house explodes. Trevor leaves the premises and escapes any resulting wanted level, after which the mission ends.
- Go to the motel room.
- Collect more gasoline in Josh's car.
- Go to Josh's house.
- Pour a gasoline trail.
- Shoot the gasoline trail to ignite it.
- Leave the area.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Out of the Frying Pan - Complete without alerting the cops.
- Pyromaniac - Pour the gasoline trail perfectly in one go.
- The mission's name is a reference to the term "real estate".
- If the player doesn't have a Jerry Can by the start of the mission, Josh will tell Trevor to pick one up from his car.
- There are only two missions in the game that allow the player to destroy a building with a Jerry Can, this and Crystal Maze. Unlike Surreal Estate however, Crystal Maze is an actual storyline mission.
- "Out of the Frying Pan" objective was originally named "No Time For Bacon".