Some freelancer moors his yacht into Vice City every month. The yacht is referred to as "The Drugboat", since the freelancer sells drugs from that boat. However, he only sells his cargo to the first customers to arrive in his yacht, and Diaz wants Tommy and Lance Vance to be those first buyers.
Tommy gets to the Squalo and meets up with Lance, and the duo decide to get to the drug boat first before other boats make it. Once arriving at the boat, Lance takes control of the Squalo and Tommy begins to protect him and the boat. He fights with the attacking rivals and gets back to Diaz.
This mission is divided in two parts:
Drug Rush - In the first part, the player will need to use the Squalo obtained in the previous mission to get to the freelancer's yacht. There are two paths with the left path being better since it's shorter and has more space to steer. Avoid hitting walls or other boats since if either are hit too hard, Lance will get knocked into the water and the mission will fail. Once the player makes it to "The Drugboat", the second part of the mission begins.
Defend The Cargo - In the second part, Lance will take the wheel and the player will have to defend the cargo from other buyers by shooting incoming enemies. First, two Cubans in Jetmax boats will attack the boat. Kill the gunmen and then kill the drivers or just blow up the boat, then several gunmen will appear on jetties, kill them and blow up the red barrels near them to wipe them out faster. Eventually, a Sparrow will come after, it's easier to shot the Sparrow until it blows up than to kill the gunman or the driver. Finally, upon approaching Diaz's Mansion, two more boats will appear ahead, blow them up before the Squalo meets up with them, since reaching them will result in the gunmen on the boat shooting from up close, and they will deal severe damage to the boat if the player does not act fast enough. When Lance stops at Diaz's Mansion, the mission is complete.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go to the fastest boat at the jetty.
- Beat the other buyers to the yacht.
- Protect the yacht while Lance drives it back to the mansion.
Post-Mission Phone Call
Lance Vance: Yo, Tommy! It's Lance.
Tommy Vercetti: Yeah?
Lance Vance: 'Oh, nice to hear from you, Lance'. Come on, man, be cool, be cool.
Tommy Vercetti: I'm in the middle of something. What do you want?
Lance Vance: Nothing. Just to say, you know. Look Tommy, we can do this thing. You and me, no problem. You know what I mean?
Tommy Vercetti: We're going have to do it, 'cause otherwise, we're going to be dead, Lance. We're in too far now. But thanks for the call. I'll speak to you later.
Supply & Demand/Transcript
- There is a rare glitch in the PS2 version where if the player destroys the helicopter, they will instantly die when the helicopter explodes. The glitch usually occurs if Tommy did not kill the gunmen on the jetty, but can also happen even if players did.
- The song that can be heard playing in the background during the boat cutscene is "Dance Hall Days" by Wang Chung. The song is also featured on the in-game radio station Flash FM.
- This is the only mission where the Sparrow is used by the Cubans.
- Due to manning an unlimited ammo Ruger assault rifle in the second half of the mission, the player will lose any Ruger or M4 ammo that they have accumulated so far.
- The Desert Eagle in the first cutscene, after Diaz shoots the VCR, sounds like the Beretta in the first Max Payne, another Rockstar Games title.
- At the beginning of the mission, Lance tells Tommy, "We know it was Diaz busted our deal," referring to the botched drug deal that claimed the life of Lance's brother and set the game's events in motion. Tommy first learns of Diaz's involvement from Juan Cortez during the opening cutscene for the mission "Sir, Yes Sir!". However, "Supply & Demand" can be completed before "Sir, Yes Sir!", creating a minor continuity error.
- Diaz mentions El Burro during the opening cutscene. El Burro was an unseen character in Grand Theft Auto III.
- In game files this mission has deleted cutscene, audio file is called cok_4b.mp3 and the animation file is called cok_4b.ifp.