|This article or section refers to "enhanced version" content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is absent on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
The game is a top down shooter, similar to Grand Theft Auto and Grand Theft Auto 2. The goal is to claim the most territory in the city as representatives from one of four groups: The Hoods, The Punks, The Yokels, and The Bikers. Each different colored machine controls a different character, who are Marcus, Jaxx, Buck, and Dustin.
The game starts with a player in each corner of the city, and when the round starts, each player must surround as many city blocks as possible with their colored line, claiming that block as part of their territory. At random intersections, there are items like health, guns, and speed boosts to help the player succeed. Whoever has the most claimed territories at the end of the round wins that round.
There are five challenges available in this arcade game. Special T-shirts will be awarded to the player if they manage to complete each one of them. Completing all challenges will also award a trophy in the Arcade Trophy Case.
This challenge requires the player to win a round without dying. Completing the challenges awards the player with the Street Crimes Action Tee.
- The Hoods, The Punks, The Yokels & The Bikers
These challenges require the player to win 20 games as each of the four gangs.
Completing the challenges awards the player with the Street Crimes Hoods Tee, Street Crimes Punks Tee, Street Crimes Yokels Tee and Street Crimes Bikers Tee, respectively.
Completing all five challenges awards the player with a spray can shaped trophy in the Arcade Trophy Case. A copy of this trophy will also be available in the player's Penthouse to be used as decoration.
- The game soundtrack is an 8-bit version of the main theme from Grand Theft Auto.
- The game features some vehicles from the 3D Universe titles, like the LCPD Police Car, the Mr Whoopee (with the original musical jingle), the Maverick and the shadow of a flying AT-400.
- The game reuses sprites and animations of Mike from Grand Theft Auto Advance, although Mike holds two Pistols instead of one.
- The Grand Theft Auto Advance rendition of the Belleville Park War Memorial can appear randomly in the arcade game's map.