|For the street, see Strawberry Avenue.|
The neighborhood is a working-class industrial and partly working-class residential with the majority of the population being African-American. Southern Strawberry, and especially Forum Drive and Strawberry Avenue, are known for their high crime rate and gang violence between the Ballas and the Families. The northern part of the neighborhood is less run-down because of its proximity to Downtown Los Santos. It was first referenced in a still advertising Los Santos Customs as the hometown of Robert in a testimonial. The Families gang is mostly located on the west side of Strawberry in the projects located on Forum Drive. The neighborhood has few residences, being one of the lowest populated areas in the city.
Events of Grand Theft Auto V
Strawberry is the neighborhood that the player is first introduced to as Franklin, as his aunt's house is located in the area. Various missions during the beginning of the game are started in Strawberry.
The neighborhood is likely based on the Crenshaw District of South Central Los Angeles.
Strawberry is controlled by The Families. Members of the gang can be located anywhere throughout Strawberry, and in multiple parts of Davis. Gang members can be seen hanging out outside the projects on Forum Drive, the recreation center on Carson Ave, and along Strawberry Ave and McDonald Street.
- Denise Clinton
- Franklin Clinton (formerly)
- Lamar Davis
- Liz Macallen
- Slim Skills
- Trevor Philips (after Hang Ten)
Roads and Streets
- Adam's Apple Boulevard
- Alta Street
- Capital Boulevard
- Carson Avenue
- Crusade Road
- Forum Drive
- Innocence Boulevard
- Little Bighorn Avenue
- Power Street
- Strawberry Avenue
Places of Interest
- Benny's Original Motor Works
- Casa Cristina
- Central Los Santos Hospital
- Children of the Mountain Fellowship
- Gerald's Apartment
- Los Santos County Coroner Office
- Strawberry Mortuary
- The Tahitian
- Vinewood Self Storage
- Inside Vanilla Unicorn (Trevor only)
- In a homeless camp underneath Olympic Freeway
- At Central Los Santos Medical Center
- In the same homeless camp, behind some debris and near a staircase
- On the rooftop of the Central Los Santos Hospital, near the helipads
- At east, on the rooftop of a parking lot building near Capital Boulevard
- Strawberry may be named after Darryl Strawberry, a baseball player from Crenshaw, which is one of the locations Strawberry is likely based on.
- The CNT TV show The Underbelly Of Paradise incorrectly states Strawberry as a Ballas gang territory.
- Near the Vanilla Unicorn parking lot, Vagos graffiti can be seen, even though Vagos are not scripted to spawn in Strawberry.
- In GTA Online, players who signed in on 16 November 2015 received a Strawberry Fitted Cap.