|This article (or section) refers to content in the Enhanced version for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC release of Grand Theft Auto Online that may be absent from other versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the Enhanced version for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC version of Grand Theft Auto Online, please see here.
The station is hosted by musician Joy Orbison, and plays experimental electronic, UK hip-hop and dancehall. It was advertised as a techno/drum and bass radio station, but featured a more expansive selection of genres.
|This article or section refers to content that is no longer available in
Grand Theft Auto Online
The station initially only has power to broadcast to the immediate Mirror Park area of East Vinewood. When a player is in range of the Mirror Park Tavern for the first time, the current station will fade out in a hiss of static and an HUD message will inform them that the station is available. Every time they get within range thereafter, the HUD message will appear. Whenever a player leaves the range of the transmitter, the radio will encounter interference again and switch from whatever they are listening to, to the next clockwise station, regardless of whether the player had been listening to SSLS while within range.
Radio antennas are a collectible added with the station. Collecting them will award the player money and RP and allow them to listen to Still Slipping Los Santos throughout the entire map, instead of only around Mirror Park. There are 10 radio antennas to visit in total, spread over Los Santos and Blaine County.
- SSLS is the first pirate music station to be featured in GTA Online, and as the Joy notes, the only one.
- While the radio antennas were available during the first week of the Cayo Perico Heist update, Joy would comment that he was still getting used to things as a broadcasting radio DJ.
- Most of the breaks between songs feature answering machine messages, usually left by the artists who's song is next to be played.
- The only commercial break to play are ads for Blarneys Stout spoken by a man in an Irish accent, served in the Mirror Park Tavern, the pub housing and sponsoring the station.
- Joy asks listeners to not judge him on the ad as sponsorship is necessary, but notes that the tavern is a nice pub.
- The commercial also uniquely features a text desciption within the Radio Station Wheel, displayed as "COMMERCIAL - MIRROR PARK TAVERN".
- The Fix FM - a house radio station in GTA.
- Blonded Los Santos 97.8 FM - a mixed genre radio station in GTA V that plays other songs by Frank Ocean and is also hosted by him.
- WorldWide FM - a radio station in GTA V that plays another song by Mr. Mitch.