The Kingdom of Spain, more commonly known simply as Spain, is a country situated in southwestern Europe. A member of the European Union since 1986, the country is bordered by Portugal to the west, and France and Andorra to the northeast.
- Sánchez (correct form of the surname with accent mark), meaning "son of Sancho", is a very common Spanish surname with some deformations in the Americas, and is also the name of a dirtbike.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- A sign written in Catalan (a co-official language spoken in Catalonia, Valencia and the Balearic Islands) can be found inside Café Robina in Little Havana.
- A travel agency named Avec Moi Holidays advertises holidays in Tenerife for $299.
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- The state's name, San Andreas, is the Old Spanish transcription of the name of Saint Andrew (though is specifically a reference to the San Andreas Fault. Additionally, the state's three major cities (Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas) all have Spanish names. It can be assumed the state's history mirrors the real-life Spanish colonization of the American Southwest.
GTA IV and EFLC
- The Spanish island of Ibiza is mentioned in the Grand Theft Auto IV show I'm Rich.
- In the Francis International Airport, there are flyUS international destination to two Spanish cities: Barcelona (España) - Aeropuerto Internacional de Barcelona and Madrid (España) - Aeropuerto Internacional de Madrid-Barajas (now called Aeropuerto Internacional Adolfo Suárez de Madrid-Barajas)
- The Willard Marbelle is named after the Spanish city of Marbella, a reference to its basis, the Ford Granada, being named after the Spanish city of Granada.
- In the website Americantravelguide.net, Spain appears as country to visit in Europe.
- There is a street in Dukes named Aragon Street, a reference to the region of Aragón.
- Sometimes, random pedestrians will yell "This is worse than Madrid!"
Grand Theft Auto V
- The name of Portola Drive is a possible reference to Gaspar de Portolà, a Spanish explorer from Catalonia who was governor of California in the 18th Century.
- A street named Spanish Avenue crosses the Hawick, West Vinewood, Downtown Vinewood and Rockford Hills neighborhoods of Los Santos.
- In GTA V a female pedestrian will sometimes say "¡Jolines, qué susto!" and "¡Pero qué gilipollas!", which literally translates as "Damn it, what a scare!" and "What an asshole!" respectively. This woman speaks with a heavy mainland Spanish accent.
- The Spanish flag appears in the doors of the Tour Bus.
- The San Andreas Flight School Update added a Chute Bag bearing the Spanish flag.
- The Besra is inspired by the Spanish CASA C-101 aviojet from the training Patrulla Águila jets.